• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Need advice from good players

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I want a fast no dilly dally walkthrough where i get everything done for chris on normal mode.
I tried a guy named SHIRRAKO walkthrough but he is so lost in the game and back tracking to places for no reason ...... Please if you know a good one that i can watch thats no a speed run or lost players video please help me !!!! I am trying to atleast get done at 5 hr mark!! I have never played this version ..its first for me ! - i only played ps1 version.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Grab the shotgun from the wall as soon as possible, don't worry about the broken one.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
You should only ever do the shotguns' puzzle as Jill in REmake, where Barry's rescue from the crushing room is random.

AdaWait

God dammit Kevin.

Yes. I'm pretty sure that Beerie always saves your weak girl ass when you grab the shotgun, but as Chris, you have to get the broken shotgun first, then grab the working one off the wall and replace it with the broken one. Otherwise, your ass will get crushed.

Playing as Chris is generally harder, although I haven't done it in the RE-make version.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
God dammit Kevin.

Yes. I'm pretty sure that Beerie always saves your weak girl ass when you grab the shotgun, but as Chris, you have to get the broken shotgun first, then grab the working one off the wall and replace it with the broken one. Otherwise, your ass will get crushed.

Playing as Chris is generally harder, although I haven't done it in the RE-make version.

Oops! You read it wrong!

You should only ever do the shotguns' puzzle as Jill in REmake, where Barry's rescue from the crushing room is random.

Chris (Original) - Not rescued
Chris (REmake) - Not rescued
Jill (Original) - Always rescued
Jill (REmake) - Rescued at complete random

AdaWait

Really? I guess I've only played RE-make once as Jill, but the random thing is kind of interesting.

AdaWait

Oh Beerie! Such a good guy. Can't wait to finish the god damn game, my school schedule doesn't allow for much game time, I'll have to wait til the summer. As far as I recall, I left off at the part after you meet with Wesker and he talks about Beerie acting strange. There are still a few rooms in the mansion that I have yet to unlock.

Fenris

Wolf :)
Oops! You read it wrong!

Chris (Original) - Not rescued
Chris (REmake) - Not rescued
Jill (Original) - Always rescued
Jill (REmake) - Rescued at complete random

Does Jill really get rescued in the Original no matter what happens? :O One of my favorite let's players (and the guy who made me care about Resident Evil) stated during his playthrough of RE1, if you trigger first the cutscene with Barry ,where he finds the body of Forest, he WON'T save you. Not sure though if he was correct about it.

AdaWait

That's how I've been taught. To my knowledge, I haven't encountered an instance where Jill doesn't get rescued by Beerie.

I'm not sure what cut scene you're referring to. If it's the one in the intro where Beerie picks up a hand with a handgun (tehehehe), then I'm also not sure if that scene doesn't play at any point. I always thought it was part of the intro.

The only explanation to Jill not being rescued is that if you leave the shotgun there for a very long time and don't pick it up until later in the game. I know the order of the events changes some things, but most people don't leave the shotgun there for too long. That would be something to check. On my next play through, I'll leave the shotgun there for a while and pick it up at the end to see what happens.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Does Jill really get rescued in the Original no matter what happens? :O One of my favorite let's players (and the guy who made me care about Resident Evil) stated during his playthrough of RE1, if you trigger first the cutscene with Barry ,where he finds the body of Forest, he WON'T save you. Not sure though if he was correct about it.

Yeah, if you go to the upstairs balcony first, Barry won't save you from being a sandwich.

ArabianLuffy

Legend
Premium
When I play Resident Evil Remake for first time, I play as Jill.

- No save Barry
- No save Chris

Just in order to unlock Rocket Launcher and Samurai Edge.

I play again as Jill and save both Barry and Chris. The saved game allows Chris to have the Rocket Launcher and Samurai Edge to make things easy for Chris. Saving both Jill and Rebbecca.

Top Bottom