• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My two cents.

rollerfan222

I'm currently new to the RE series, i completed all main games except 6.

I did so in a back-to-back method.

'm no reviewer, but i'll still score them in a 10 star format :)

RE1 6.5: It's a classic, the mansion was creepy and it had a nice atmosphere to it, while certainly not my favorite.It's still a truly influential game, Hunters still terrify me, It truly is a great game with a lot of cool moments and cheesy dialogue (Barry, I'm looking at you)

RE2 8: My 2nd favorite of the series, it was such a great game, it's short but the 4 scenarios make up for it.
When i first arrived to the Police station i never thought i would be spending more than half the game in there
But the enemies were great, Bosses were great, Characters were spot on (Claire, Ada, Leon).
The whole Birkin situation was very interesting, and the game just get's even better at the last level (lab)
I'm not gonna lie, I almost teared up when Ada "died"

RE3 5: Only game i haven't replayed since i got into the series, i know it's many people's fav but to me it was sort of forgettable, Nemesis (which was truly one of the most terrifying enemies i've seen) and Jill kinda save the game from being a let down for me.

I truly believe Code Veronica should have been in 3's place. 3 just felt like a filler in an album.
But Nemesis was DAMN scary and Jill remains my favorite character.

Some of the levels were dull and boring, but the game features one of the of the hardest puzzles I've ever encountered in a video game (Water plant, I'm looking at you), seriously i almost pulled my hair out.

Code: Veronica 9: My favorite of the bunch, there's so many things is love about this game. I like almost everything about it. Excepting some hideous voice acting (expected)
The levels are very well done and the game is currently the longest one in my book, it took me weeks to beat it and i had to use a faq for one part (retarded me).

But it love it for that, it was challenging, the hallways with the seekers were so tense and Nosferatu is one of my favorite bosses ever. (I feel sad for the guy, poor man)

The romance between Claire and Steve builds up to a point where i actually felt bad when he died despite disliking him in so many ways.

The whole setting on the island is great and the Ashford brothers are so macabre and creepy.

The Alexia situation is great, she was an awesome boss. But HER LAUGH... ugh.

RE4 8 The game that changed it all, I was stunned with the amount of work put into this game.

The forest at the start in the village is probably one of the best atmospheres i've seen in games.

I LOVE the campaign, It's full of incredible moments, the QTEs are amazingly placed, the action sequences were amazing, It had some TRULY TERRIFYiNG moments, Regeneradores are problably one of the most unnerving creatures I've faced in gaming, and i still get uncomfortable with their breathing in the distance

Verdugo and Garrador both are some of the scariest bosses ever imo. There isn't a dull level or dull boss fight in this game.
Garrador waking up made me scream and jump out of my seat

The inventory interface is amazing as well and the upgrade system too.

Ada Wong is just BAD-ASS ****ness!

I was amazed at how many things and elements are taken from this game and put into newer titles, from Uncharted to Dead Space, it's truly influential.

But i think the game has sort of an identity problem, like it's torn between being full action or horror

But i DO think things get a little to ficticious and comical when you get to the castle, the whole Salazar thing didn't let me take the game seriously for a minute, it was way to cheesy/comical even for a game.
And Ashley Graham has one of the most annoying voices I've heard in my entire life.
Nonetheless one of the best games i've played.

RE5 7.5

Finished it 2 weeks ago, At first i was dissapointed at how incredibly short the campaign is in comparison to 4, but boy was i amazed at the HUGE amount of replay value this game has!!, It's seriously addicting!.

I like the story in this 10 times more than in 4, here it's more evil and dark, 4 is at times laugh worthy.
The mercenaries is the best in the series IMO. Jill, in that battlesuit <3<3!

The whole tribe thing is so sad, how Umbrella and tricell just wiped them off their land, and fooled them to inject themselves with the virus, the story in 5 is really the one i find most "evil".

Sheva is an EXCELLENT character. Her backstory is also awesome and sad.
It's so interesting to get all that story info on the series, the menu is great, the files and figurines are well made and add replay value to the game.

Don't get me wrong, I love the horror and suspense, but I also love the fact that unlike 4, RE5 knows what it is and embraces it, cause it truly is a great action game, while still having some jump scares and creepy moments/atmosphere imo.

I know it's a survival horror series, but the amount of replay value and interfaces, info and bonus stuff in RE5 make up for the lack of sheer horror, cause it is a great game, and it could've been much worse as an action title. It's a very well made title, far more polished than 6.

The DLC is amazing too, Lost in Nightmares is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Blobs are so terrifying!

The part in the sewers is so unnerving cause you know where the blobs are walking around and stuff

Desperate Escape is great, too. I personally like Jill better in that Battlesuit. Don't know why.

Excella Gionne is such a great villain, i actually felt bad for her when wesker betrayed her and injected her with Uroboros, after everything she had done for him. :(

I don't like Chris's appearance in this game, he looks like someone from Jersey Shore.
His S.T.A.R.S outfit is much better.

One of my favs in the series for sure.
And Uroboros is one of my favorite enemies in the series, coolest virus by far

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I don't like it because it randomizes every time. And I don't know about you, but it takes me about 30 mins to match up those damn bars.
:confused: But all the puzzles in RE3 randomize each time. The first time I solved the puzzle, it only took around five minutes or so; sometimes it takes longer but I don't think I've ever sat there for half an hour. It's honestly not that hard, you just have to think about it for a minute. To be completely honest, the puzzle in the gas station and the vaccine puzzle give me more trouble.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
:confused: But all the puzzles in RE3 randomize each time. The first time I solved the puzzle, it only took around five minutes or so; sometimes it takes longer but I don't think I've ever sat there for half an hour. It's honestly not that hard, you just have to think about it for a minute. To be completely honest, the puzzle in the gas station and the vaccine puzzle give me more trouble.

I'm just not the puzzle-solving type. And while I dislike all RE3 puzzles, the water treatment one stands out to me. Sometimes I get bored while solving puzzles and leave the game for a while. But other than the puzzles (and Jill's willingness to dress like a prostitute during a zombie outbreak), I loved RE3.

Top Bottom