• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Resident Evil CAST

slack

THIS IS ALL A WORK OF FAN FICTION, NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY...

So as a die-hard REfan since 1996, and being a avid film, TV, and actor aficionado it has been a fantasy of mine to rebuild and reboot the Resident Evil movie franchise. Needless to say the movies written by Paul W.S. Anderson were like a kick to the nuts of my childhood. Don't get me wrong he made semi-decent movies... but the "movies" he made isn't the Resident Evil I grew up with.
Because of the devastation of not getting a proper Res movie made (IMO) I've let my imagination go to work and I roughly outlined a series of 4 movies that will follow the original Resident Evil story-line with only minor to semi-major plot changes; meaning that it will be slightly different as far a characters that are introduced and survive, and the major deviation will be seen in plot in the 3rd and 4th scripts.

Details aside this is what the broad outline looks like
RE1: Raccoon City Incident -
Primary Influences: RE2, RE3, RE OB
Deviations:Included into the mix beside the characters from RE2, and RE3, this will also include a few of the Outbreak character, Chris, Rebecca, Richard, Forest, and Kenneth (Nemesis needs more STARS to hunt). Barry will be in the script, but he'll leave before Raccoon goes to hell. The mansion incident happened, but it'll only be mentioned through dialogue, and through choppy flashback-nightmares that Jill has when she gets infected by Nemesis.

RE2: Rockfort Island/ Antarctica -
Primary Influences: RE CV, RE 5
The Ashford family HAS to get a whole movie dedicated to their eerie villainy.
Deviations: The opening scene to this script will be a flashback the death of Oswell E Spencer and Jill's presumed death by Wesker. Flashforward- The BSAA is formed. Chris and Claire go to investigate Rockfort Island after learning that it was owned by Umbrella.
Instead of having Rockfort Island be a prison, I want to make it an institution for the criminally insane... I bet you can use your imagination as to why.
Also, a brand new character will be introduced that will partner up with Chris (no, not Sheva... she's there though!... somewhere).

RE3: The BSAA
This is where the scripts will stop following direct events from the game series (because this is where the game plot began to take a turn for the worse, execution-wise, they were good concepts though...IMO!). This will have more emphasis on the psychological toll everything has taken on everyone, mainly Chris and Jill. Wesker's plans come to fruition.

RE4: Chaos... pure chaos
Friends become enemies, enemies become friends and hell on Earth ensues.

While creating these outlines I couldn't help but imagine who would fill the roles (as well as be able to add depth and make the character well rounded), so I created this ideal cast of mine. Granted this isn't the first time I've created an ideal cast... and it's been changing drastically throughout the years, but I realllly would enjoy seeing these guys play the parts...

Main Cast
2pq4y91.jpg

Supporting cast will be posted later.

Happy to discuss/debate my decisions. Also, feel free to post your own.

Turo602

The King of Kings
The only one I can really agree with is Joe Magtoolazytolearntherest as Chris Redfield. Everyone else is either a poor choice or meh. Never seen the guy you chose for Leon before but he looks alright, mainly because of his strong resemblance to Jensen Ackles that it might as well be Jensen Ackles in that role.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I love the idea of the Ashfords would /hypothetically/ get their own film, as they were some of the most intriguing characters in the game to me. I would disagree with some of the casting choices though.

slack

The only one I can really agree with is Joe Magtoolazytolearntherest as Chris Redfield. Everyone else is either a poor choice or meh. Never seen the guy you chose for Leon before but he looks alright, mainly because of his strong resemblance to Jensen Ackles that it might as well be Jensen Ackles in that role.

Why do you think they're poor choices.?

I try to avoid the generic responses to who would make a solid choice like Jessica Biel or AJ Cook as Jill or Jensen Ackles as Leon (yes I've heard that before and it's not a bad choice at all, but there are better lesser know candidates). I aim to go for actors/actresses that at first glance look like they might fit the role so great, but by glancing into each one of their works in TV or film you can see a semblance to the character.
Also, Resident Evil is NOTORIOUS for melodramatic and/or typically bad voice acting and performances, so there is ALOT of wiggle room for selection.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Why do you think they're poor choices.?

They don't look like the characters.

I try to avoid the generic responses to who would make a solid choice like Jessica Biel or AJ Cook as Jill or Jensen Ackles as Leon (yes I've heard that before and it's not a bad choice at all, but there are better lesser know candidates). I aim to go for actors/actresses that at first glance look like they might fit the role so great, but by glancing into each one of their works in TV or film you can see a semblance to the character.

Both those chicks are still terrible choices for Jill, which is why it's hard to trust fans with this sort of topic. Then they bitch and moan when directors do it... I also don't get why they need to be unknown actors. Jensen Ackles is just fine, he even looks the part more than the other dude. Might as well grab a kid off the streets.

Vanex

Both those chicks are still terrible choices for Jill, which is why it's hard to trust fans with this sort of topic. Then they bitch and moan when directors do it... I also don't get why they need to be unknown actors. Jensen Ackles is just fine, he even looks the part more than the other dude. Might as well grab a kid off the streets.

There is two main components to casting a person for the role of a character.

Aesthetics - their appearance. This can be interchangeable with make-up, hair dying, and physique.

Portrayal - their ability to emulate themselves into their character. This encompasses their acting ability.

So on one hand, you can have a character look identical to their game counterpart, but can't act for squat. On the other, you can have the least physically appealing actor/actress portray said character but do so eloquently.

Personally, I'd choose their acting capabilities over aesthetic appearance any day, since it is the easiest thing to change. Slap on some make-up, dye their hair the corresponding hair color, diet/workout and you got somebody who can sufficiently pass as the character. I can live with a character not resembling their character too well if they portrayed them with enough expressive context. Given the current movie series, having witnessed numerous characters being butchered leaves me leaning towards the "portrayal" aspect than "appearance".

With that being said, the best of both worlds scenario would be to acquire a person who possess both these attributes: Acting capabilities and physical appearance. But by god, that is so much harder said than done unfortunately.

slack

Aesthetics - their appearance. This can be interchangeable with make-up, hair dying, and physique.

Portrayal - their ability to emulate themselves into their character. This encompasses their acting ability.

So on one hand, you can have a character look identical to their game counterpart, but can't act for squat. On the other, you can have the least physically appealing actor/actress portray said character but do so eloquently.

Personally, I'd choose their acting capabilities over aesthetic appearance any day, since it is the easiest thing to change. Slap on some make-up, dye their hair the corresponding hair color, diet/workout and you got somebody who can sufficiently pass as the character. I can live with a character not resembling their character too well if they portrayed them with enough expressive context. Given the current movie series, having witnessed numerous characters being butchered leaves me leaning towards the "portrayal" aspect than "appearance".

With that being said, the best of both worlds scenario would be to acquire a person who possess both these attributes: Acting capabilities and physical appearance. But by god, that is so much harder said than done unfortunately.

Exactly! It's finding that balance that makes doing these things fun. Speculating the differences each actor or actress can bring to character is so enjoyable.
Finding a good cast - especially for an adaption of something that already has a large fan base - is extremely hard to come by.

Alright, I'm curious to who you think would make a good Jill? (and for the love of god don't say Natalie Portman...or Julia Voth)
Also, I choose semi-unknowns because most of the time they're the better choice. Jensen Ackles would make a good Leon but Jensen is a much more animated person than Leon. Leon is a somewhat somewhat flat/bland but unique characteristic. Hunter Parrish in Weeds he gave off the same characteristic vibes as Leon... more so than Jensen Ackles.

Turo602

The King of Kings

I've already covered this subject in another thread and for the most part, we're on the same page. Though, I believe appearance is a huge factor when adapting characters on the big screen, especially with a series like this. It's not like these are oscar worthy roles...

Here's my post BTW.
Sienna Guillory was fine as Jill Valentine, mainly due to the fact that Jill's face hasn't been consistent in video games. So you really can't peg her down. I know it's pretty much impossible to get carbon copies of fictional characters on the big screen. I want actors that give the illusion of the role they're playing. Much like the latest Superman film. If they would have cast anyone other than Henry Cavill that didn't look the part but has great acting experience, then I'd be ****ed. A decision like that could seriously make or break a film adaptation based solely on how the lead may look. Not that I'm trying to downplay the acting chops necessary to making the actors even more believable because really, you can't have one without the other.

Alright, I'm curious to who you think would make a good Jill? (and for the love of god don't say Natalie Portman...or Julia Voth)
Also, I choose semi-unknowns because most of the time they're the better choice. Jensen Ackles would make a good Leon but Jensen is a much more animated person than Leon. Leon is a somewhat somewhat flat/bland but unique characteristic. Hunter Parrish in Weeds he gave off the same characteristic vibes as Leon... more so than Jensen Ackles.

Why Natlie Portman?... Anyway, I'm not saying I have anyone in mind for Jill Valentine. I'm just positive there's better out there. Also, what does it matter what Jensen Ackles is like? It's not that hard to play Leon, it's called acting. Personally, I don't really care whether the actor is known or not, just that they get the job done.

Top Bottom