• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 My problems with RE6 melee

Darkness

Infected
What is up with the melee system in RE6? There are little stamina bars basically that tell you how many melee attacks you can use. That's kind of ridiculous. After they run out, i can no longer step on a zombie's head, i can just tap him lightly with my toe?

Also, i was halfway through Leon's third kick, the one that you actually get prompted for, and halfway though it, the zombie I was kicking actually grabbed me, stopping the melee. Things like that would have NEVER happened in the 4th and 5th games.

Also, now that you can melee containers while your gun is still equipped, what is the purpose of the knife? It's not even idea for close quarters combat anymore, because now you can kick whenever you want and it's twice as effective.

Meleeing just felt so much better in the previous two games, it was never interrupted, it had more of an impact on hordes, and you had to shoot the enemy in certain spots in order to be able to use it. In RE6, I feel obligated to just kick the crap out of any lone zombies I find insteaf of wasting ammo on them.

Slightly related, I also REALLY REALLY hate how slow the AI partner goes, and the fact that when you've got your hand on a 2 person door, the camera only shows you instead of what's around you, so you can't tell if your being snuck up on. This caused me to die so many times it's not even funny.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I actually haven't had any problems with RE6 melee yet. And I feel that the knife still has purpose for a variety of reasons. 1st of all, you can use it when you have zero stamina, and 2nd of all, it can be very effective if you know how to use it well. I've taken down whole hordes of mutated J'avo with just the knife and hand-to-hand. Synergizing the two together can be very useful in close quarters.

And as for getting grabbed in the middle of a scripted animation, that has never happened to me in the 20+ hours that I've played the game, but I too would be pretty ****ed if it did. Keep in mind that if you were playing online when it happened, it could have been a lag problem.

So, yeah, contrarily, I'm rather enjoying the hand-to-hand combat system. It was a little iffy at first, but once I got used to it I started figuring out how to use it effectively. And coupling the hand-to-hand with the new mobility felt awesome!

Top Bottom