• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My idea for a new RE game

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Wouldent it be pretty good if capcom made an RE game that took place in a post apocyliptic setting? Kind of like extinction, but better of course. Resident evil 7, that will be it lol.

APV

Wait, Who stole me Haggis?
Have you's never thought about CAPCOM making a game which incorporates Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2, Fallout and Grand Theft Auto. I did like the Outbreak Files but felt it would have been better if you could free roam around trying to escape and enter abandoned vehicles, enter buildings at random to find weapons, documents etc, I also think that there should be multiple escape routes ie Trains Tracks, Freeways, Mountainous roads etc. Plus much much more extras!

It should be called......Resident Evil: Escape Raccoon City! Lol

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Have you's never thought about CAPCOM making a game which incorporates Resident Evil: Outbreak File 2, Fallout and Grand Theft Auto. I did like the Outbreak Files but felt it would have been better if you could free roam around trying to escape and enter abandoned vehicles, enter buildings at random to find weapons, documents etc, I also think that there should be multiple escape routes ie Trains Tracks, Freeways, Mountainous roads etc. Plus much much more extras!

It should be called......Resident Evil: Escape Raccoon City! Lol
Free Roam RE would be neat if done right...But there has to be a lot of darkness and tight corners...No open spaces because then it just wouldn't induce fear...The multiple escape routes thing is really cool...I think the exploring aspect would make it WAY harder to find keys, and other key items...That's gonna be cool...The difficulty...You would be able to hide an abundance of files to help you out...All in all, I think it's a good idea, just has a lot of potential to go horribly wrong as well...

APV

Free Roam RE would be neat if done right...But there has to be a lot of darkness and tight corners...No open spaces because then it just wouldn't induce fear...The multiple escape routes thing is really cool...I think the exploring aspect would make it WAY harder to find keys, and other key items...That's gonna be cool...The difficulty...You would be able to hide an abundance of files to help you out...All in all, I think it's a good idea, just has a lot of potential to go horribly wrong as well...
I do think there is a lot of potential in it because as you said Keys could be hidden across the map, it would need to be dark and also have a few surprise bits (aka the tyrant attacking) but as you said it would need a good story team as it could go horribly wrong!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I do think there is a lot of potential in it because as you said Keys could be hidden across the map, it would need to be dark and also have a few surprise bits (aka the tyrant attacking) but as you said it would need a good story team as it could go horribly wrong!
The one issue I REALLY have is that GTA and Fallout were fun because (well, Fallout was fun, I think GTA sucks) of all the possibilities...Not because of the Story...RE as ALWAYS been very story oriented, and I would hate for a game, like this, with such a good premise, to be ruined because it lacked story. I mean, survivors would need character development, back story, personal struggles, emotional conflicts within the group at times...Like you said...Story writers, but not just for the game...But for the characters...Characters need to been written flawlessly in this type of game, or it's just another "kill 'em all and smash 'em up" game...

APV

I have to admit it but your right the Characters would need to be written in properly. I mean i have this idea in my head for years and it would be great to see a game that allows the player access to different methods of Transport, Areas to visit, Characters to help/save etc but it definitely is possible!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I have to admit it but your right the Characters would need to be written in properly. I mean i have this idea in my head for years and it would be great to see a game that allows the player access to different methods of Transport, Areas to visit, Characters to help/save etc but it definitely is possible!
I agree, and I actually look at it as kind of an Outbreak REmake...Use the Outbreak characters for this, and maybe only start with Kevin or something, but as the story progresses you pick up the whole team...It can be free roam from the beginning, but certain places are inaccessible because you don't have the character with the skill to get to said area...Like there is a road block, and you need the janitor that can build bombs to get past it...

APV

I agree, and I actually look at it as kind of an Outbreak REmake...Use the Outbreak characters for this, and maybe only start with Kevin or something, but as the story progresses you pick up the whole team...It can be free roam from the beginning, but certain places are inaccessible because you don't have the character with the skill to get to said area...Like there is a road block, and you need the janitor that can build bombs to get past it...
Thats a great idea but i would like to incorporate some of the stories/documents from other games such as the Document you get from the Photo Lab in RE:2 regarding the cops escaping into the underground sewers hense the reason why Kevin would come into the picture.....Whats the story around those cops who escaped from the Police Station in RE:2, Mr RExpert!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thats a great idea but i would like to incorporate some of the stories/documents from other games such as the Document you get from the Photo Lab in RE:2 regarding the cops escaping into the underground sewers hense the reason why Kevin would come into the picture.....Whats the story around those cops who escaped from the Police Station in RE:2, Mr RExpert!
If I remember correctly, there were three or four surviving RPD members, and they all figured their last chance was to escape through the sewers, however only one ended up making it out alive...Marvin Branough was a survivor in the building as well, but he opted to stay behind and secure the area, rather than escape.

APV

however only one ended up making it out alive
See now that would be a great start to the story line and as you said they could have the last survivor (Could be Kevin) wander the streets trying to escape all the while finding survivors along the way, but i cant think how we could finish it without infringing on the original endings.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
See now that would be a great start to the story line and as you said they could have the last survivor (Could be Kevin) wander the streets trying to escape all the while finding survivors along the way, but i cant think how we could finish it without infringing on the original endings.
Actually, I believe this survivors name was Harry....

Top Bottom