• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My essay on RE & fandom: need feedback!! Please help!!

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Hi guys!!

This is my current draft of my Resident Evil themed dissertation for my final year at university. It's due in April 23rd. Rather than just focussing on one medium I'm looking at the whole franchise and how fandom has extended (or even hindered, as I start to explore in Chapter 4) the experience and narrative of Resident Evil.

Again BIG THANK YOU to those who did my surveys (linked in my sig) and please keep doing them!! All the feedback really helps a lot!

I'm now at 9,964 words of my 10,000, I am sure I will eat into that 10% extra I'm allowed to 11,000 words!! I just need to conclude Chapter 4 and do the conclusion. Please please please read this and tell me what you think!

1) Is there enough depth to this dissertation?
2) Does it really need appendices? If so, what kind?
3) In Chapter 4, should I talk more about how certain installations in the series add to the true canon/timeline of Resident Evil and how some branch away (e.g. novelisations of games as they add in the novel-only character Trent and two original tales set in Resident Evil universe)?
4) How should I conclude Chapter 4?
5) Anything else that comes to mind on how to improve this? I am desperate to get a first for this!!

Download pdf: http://www.mediafire.com/?ed6ei1gb6x5oozj (just under 26MB)
Thank you!! xxx

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm having an issue downloading this...Idk why, but if you'd like to email it to me I'd love to read it and give you feedback...PM me for my email if you're interested...

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
Sadly I can't e-mail as the file size is too big!! What happens when you try to dl it?

Top Bottom