• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Death Stranding project thing

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I think it was @UniqTeas that was asking for this specifically, but basically in my spare time I've been throwing together a Death Stranding backpack which I plan to keep adding to until it is a full fledged cosplay in the future. These are not the most recent pictures but I really only take new pics when I make a decent amount of progress. Beyond these pics I've made a BB harness that I'm not happy with and I'm working on more of the straps so that I have the whole rig with torso, arm and leg straps for stability and bracket attachments.

I also made a removable lumber support pillow that isn't in the picture.

20201222_071804.jpg

20201222_071618.jpg

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
This is amazing. I'll follow your progress with great interest!

I was actually almost one click away from buying an actual full-sized Sam suit on an online shop for 400 dollars, but luckily I got to my senses and my wallet thanked me. Lol.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Yes - I love it! I am just in awe that anyone could create things like this. My creative outlets are done with words and pen and paper usually, so when I see something coming together like this, I am always amazed. I look forward to seeing your progress!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Thanks guys.

Death Stranding was one of those games that really hit me somewhere deep for some reason. I know that I am a lot like Sam, I prefer to be alone, I don't like to be touched and I have issues trusting people and forming relationships. I've also had a miscarriage which obviously means to some extent I know what its like to lose a child and the one scene between Sam and Deadman had me in tears for days. But I digress.

I think the overall story about trying to bring people together in spite of this is great, and this also parallels my drive to help people even if I don't necessarily want to be around most of them lol.

But yea. I absolutely love the game and the universe and I just wanted a way to immerse myself in it. I already had the CE BB pod and cargo so I figured, why not? The design has stuck fairly close to what I had originally planned, except originally I made the skeleton out of foam board but it wasn't sturdy enough so I remade them out of wooden dowels. Right now I'm working on the straps, notably the leg portions.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Here are some updated pictures. I am still making brackets to put on the arm and leg straps and still making the scanner. I have a BB harness but I'm not happy with it.

20210201_165246.jpg

20210201_165238.jpg

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love the progress. I noticed the game was on sale so I picked it up last night. Might be a good Spring game for me and I can finally see how this all works!

Top Bottom