• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Mr. X's missing attack

Fishcakes

Hopefully some day they might listen? Don't want the franchise to die or anything.
I think their trying to get a new, younger generation of fans to keep it going but idk. Resident Village was pretty popular but I wasn't a big fan.

Murderer Enshrined

To be honest with you, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try and start your own gaming development project, free and clear of all others, and one that is completely and clearly your own. All you need are some talented gaming engineers, that can create a good game engine for your game, some talented artists, and some good story creators and character designers. Idk. It's worth a shot, I guess. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right?

Fishcakes

not really my area of expertise, but I guess anyone with a bit of creativity can come up with a game. A good idea can go off. It's a lot of work though, but if you enjoy it then I guess it's more like a hobby

Murderer Enshrined

May I make suggestions? I was thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if you took the Resident Evil, survival horror experience and combined it with other gaming experiences, like, the wide open territories of The Division 2, Tom Clancy, while incorporating the free wheeling and wide open effects of GTA? Why shouldn't Claire finally ride an actually motorcycle to escape her capture? A wide open city, full of monsters and zombies, that you could run around in, while trying to escape your capture from Umbrella's corporate elite.

Fishcakes

May I make suggestions? I was thinking, wouldn't it be interesting if you took the Resident Evil, survival horror experience and combined it with other gaming experiences, like, the wide open territories of The Division 2, Tom Clancy, while incorporating the free wheeling and wide open effects of GTA? Why shouldn't Claire finally ride an actually motorcycle to escape her capture? A wide open city, full of monsters and zombies, that you could run around in, while trying to escape your capture from Umbrella's corporate elite.
Are you suggesting me to do this? Haha.
On a serious note, if your talking sorta free run type games? That would be sick. I already got some ideas popping into my head and it sounds pretty awesome.
You'd want to take your time with it to make sure it was really good but I reckon it'd be a best seller, easily. Every fan wants a game like that for their franchise & doing that for resident would be crazy. I'd definitely buy that. But you'd also want to make sure it's still resident evil, it'd be really easy to go off the norm making a game like that.
I'd assume you'd need permission from Capcom though?

Murderer Enshrined

Make no mention of anything regarding Resident Evil or Capcom, those types of things are copyrighted and trademarked. Create and start your own.

Fishcakes

I'm not familiar with copyright laws? Wouldn't names, places, etc all be copyrighted by Resi? So you'd need to come up with completely different characters and everything

Murderer Enshrined

If you're not familiar with copyright laws then you're in good company, because most people do not.

And, yes, you'd need to come up with your own names and places, characters and such.

Murderer Enshrined

All characters from the past can be involved, living within safe houses, fighting together, or, sometimes, alone, if the player chooses to do so.

Or, living in a minivans, or SUVs, or, even motor-homes, or RVs, where similar survivors are safely held, within their quarters. Until, "they" come out at night.

Murderer Enshrined

As we have all seen, to stay stationary in a zombie apocalyptic type situation is suicide. You must get mobile. And when I say "mobile", I mean physically mobile. You need to get a vehicle with plenty of gas and move your people out of town. Zombies are going to be drawn to the center of town, because that's where the food is. Humans, in other words. A safe house may not be as safe as you think it is. Because a cave is a grave, as they used to say in ancient times.

Murderer Enshrined

Good point. I need to muster my forces. I know some people who, unlike me, actually know what they're doing. Let's see if I can gather their acclaim.

As for you, you have great ideas. You should take those ideas and bring them to fruition. I can tell, you have imagination and creativity that should not be wasted. I put that to you and I leave it to you.

Fishcakes

haha thanks man, appreciate it. It actually interests me after we talked about it so might look at doing some stuff, even just for a little bit of fun. Could be interesting. You should give it a go too.

Ikawaru

People put up petitions, but that never seems to make a difference

Yeah no since waiting for Capcom to come save us, if you want good content you have to create it yourself. History shows that the best way to make a mark, even if its a small one, is to get serious about fan created content like mods and other small projects. After surfing around Youtube and Twitter it looks like some RE fans are finally getting to work on that.

Top Bottom