• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most nostalgic games

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Got some MSX in there, nice.
Did you ever play the "official" English translated version of Metal Gear?
unknown.png

No i haven't. i don't think that Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 were released outside of Japan

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Sonic 1 - 3
Streets of Rage
Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3
Wipeout 2097
Final Fantasy VII, VIII & X
MGS 1 - 3
Die Hard Trilogy
Jedi Knight II
Resi 1 - 3
Tomb Raider 1 - 3
Bushido Blade
Tekken 3
Devil May Cry
Dino Crisis
Mario 64

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now. Oh and there was this awesome Terminator 2 game but I can't remember which system it was on.

I remember watching my brother play the Die Hard game and get mad every time he’d die in it. :lol:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Sonic 1 - 3
Streets of Rage
Crash Bandicoot 1 - 3
Wipeout 2097
Final Fantasy VII, VIII & X
MGS 1 - 3
Die Hard Trilogy
Jedi Knight II
Resi 1 - 3
Tomb Raider 1 - 3
Bushido Blade
Tekken 3
Devil May Cry
Dino Crisis
Mario 64

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now. Oh and there was this awesome Terminator 2 game but I can't remember which system it was on.

SNES?

Also, you might be thinking of this game (T2: the Arcade Game):

And yes, it was loads of fun, I remember renting the light gun for it and everything.

Speaking of nostalgic arcade light gun games, I also loved Time Crisis II. I actually bought that one along with the light gun for my PS2.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
SNES?

Also, you might be thinking of this game (T2: the Arcade Game):

And yes, it was loads of fun, I remember renting the light gun for it and everything.

Speaking of nostalgic arcade light gun games, I also loved Time Crisis II. I actually bought that one along with the light gun for my PS2.

It was this one on C64. I know it doesn't look like much now but back then it was decent and it was fairly tough.

Time Crisis was fun alright. I remember one Christmas getting the first game along with the light gun for ps1 :)

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Metal Gear 2 wasn't, but Metal Gear 1 was released in the UK.
And it is hilarious, full of spelling errors, bad grammar and delightful British terminology.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/msx/578853-metal-gear/faqs/30618

Any chance we get Metal Gear remakes?

Barring that, a Snake Eater remake or MGR2, I'm pretty sure the series is dead at this point (just like all their other franchises excluding PES). With Metal Gear Survive getting sh!t reviews across the board (shocking) and sales (again, big shock), I'm more than confident Konami will just f*ck up any mainline MGS that doesn't reuse assets from Kojima, more like Metal Gear Didn't Survive, LOL.

Even if they farm out Rising 2 to Platinum, I'll bet you they'll still find a way to sneak some shady MTXs in there, watch.

Last edited:

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Any chance we get Metal Gear remakes?

The versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake you find on MGS3: Subsistence and HD Collection are already enhanced ports of the MSX titles, and pretty damn good ones. I'm fine with those until my PS2 decides to crap out. But if either game were remade, Snake would have to look like Iroquois Pliskin. As far I'm concerned they nailed the look.
Pliskin2.jpg

Roku

This is my list:

Ape Escape 1 (it was the game that changed my mind about videogames and made me fall in love with them).
Resident Evil 4 (the first RE I played).
Devil May Cry 3 (Same as above).
Persona 3 (my fav game ever).
Parasite Eve (I would love to see this series make a come back)
Syphon Filter 3 (I loved the game, I'm not a fan of the series as a whole but SF3 never fail to make me nostalgic)
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (My fav MGS alongside 4)

And that's about it. xD

Ethan Winters

Ito Junji Addict, Lupin Enthusiast
This is my list:

Ape Escape 1 (it was the game that changed my mind about videogames and made me fall in love with them).
Resident Evil 4 (the first RE I played).
Devil May Cry 3 (Same as above).
Persona 3 (my fav game ever).
Parasite Eve (I would love to see this series make a come back)
Syphon Filter 3 (I loved the game, I'm not a fan of the series as a whole but SF3 never fail to make me nostalgic)
Final Fantasy X
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (My fav MGS alongside 4)

And that's about it. xD

Someone who likes MGS2? I thought I was alone. P3 also rocks as well as everything else you listed. I hope the Parasite Eve series comes back in the shape of a sequel or a remake of the first game. A sequel ignoring the Third Birthday would be neat.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Someone who likes MGS2? I thought I was alone. P3 also rocks as well as everything else you listed. I hope the Parasite Eve series comes back in the shape of a sequel or a remake of the first game. A sequel ignoring the Third Birthday would be neat.

I could be wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that SE lost the licensing deal on PE. The rights reverted back to the author of the novel.

It's too bad because PE is another game series I loved growing up. I can't believe I forgot about that one!

Roku

Someone that likes both MGS2 e P3? This must be my lucky day!
I too thought that I was alone in that, it's refreshing to see someone else liking MGS2 (I know a lot of people that love the saga, but most of them think that MGS2 is pretty meh, unfortunately).
I too would love to see a remake of Parasite Eve 1 (even more than a sequel, since PE1 is my fav of the series - yeah, I tend to like the games that no one else likes/cares about).

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
The versions of Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake you find on MGS3: Subsistence and HD Collection are already enhanced ports of the MSX titles, and pretty damn good ones. I'm fine with those until my PS2 decides to crap out. But if either game were remade, Snake would have to look like Iroquois Pliskin. As far I'm concerned they nailed the look.
Pliskin2.jpg

They still used sprites like the NES versions, though, amirite?

I'd like to see Metal Gear 1 & 2 remade. I know present-day Konami doesn't like to handle big scale AAA projects, but there's some definite money to be made in seeing a rookie Snake fighting Big Boss in 3D graphics. Then again, Silent Hills was a clear-as-day moneymaker as well, and we all know what happened with that game (yes, I'm still p!ssed), so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Ocarina of Time
GoldenEye
Twisted Metal 2
Resident Evil 2

... I could probably list a few more but they wouldn't hold the same nostalgic weight as these 4.

Top Bottom