• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most anticipated game this year?

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
What major title are you looking forward to for the remainder of this year? We've already had some killer titles on all three platforms, and there's still some great ones yet to come before REmake 2 hits in January of next year. Which one catches your eye the most?

I'd say Spider-Man, followed closely by Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Soul Calibur VI, that game looks so effing sick. I look forward to playing the story expansions, too when they drop, one of the few games I'll drop the expansion money on. I'm hoping one of the three story DLCs is a DareDevil DLC (the first features Black Cat), which I can definitely see happening with Kingpin involved in the main story. Perfect timing, too with season 3 of Netflix's DareDevil dropping at the end of the year. Marvel used MvCI to promote Avengers: Infinity War, so why not?

Turo602

The King of Kings
There are only 4 games I'm looking forward to left in the year and that's Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spider-Man, Red Dead Redemption 2, and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Unfortunately, I'm probably not gonna be able to play any of these games this year at all, but I'm certainly feeling the most excitement for Shadow of the Tomb Raider.

Spider-Man hasn't really blown my mind as a Spider-Man fan the way the Arkham series has for me as a Batman fan. It definitely looks like a triple A experience based on its presentation, but there's already been so many Spider-Man games, most of which were pretty good, so this kind of looks like more of the same. Though, I'm really disappointed by how awful and bland a lot of the designs look. They should have really gone with a more comic book visual style with classic designs. I think that would have definitely made this more special. I'm getting really tired of the generic and unnecessary changes made to characters in Spider-Man games, and that includes Insomniac's Spider-Man suit which just looks awful and completely kills the immersion of being Spider-Man. I don't know much about the story either, but I'm guessing Mr. Negative is the big bad which is just disappointing. Also getting tired of Miles Morales being shoehorned into everything Spider-Man as well. That being said, it is still a Spider-Man game, so I'm bound to have fun with it regardless, but I'm just not feeling the hype everyone else is feeling for it.

Red Dead Redemption was a masterpiece for me, and part of the reason it resonated so well with me was its story. While I liked what I've seen so far of 2, there's no guarantee they're gonna capture that same magic of experiencing the first one for the first time. I have no doubt it'll be amazing, but at the same time, there just isn't much to be excited about when they've shown so little.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is the biggest Smash yet and is going to be tons of fun. Excitement for Smash games tend to reach their highest for me nearing their releases, mostly because it'd have been a while since I've last played the previous one, which is true for me again. So I'm definitely excited at the thought of playing Smash again, especially through the comfort of the Switch.

The Tomb Raider reboot though, has spawned some of my favorite games in recent memory by incorporating the platforming, set-pieces, and cinematic gameplay moments of Uncharted into a Metroidvania. The genre itself is already so addicting to me, and Tomb Raider's gameplay is just so much more varied and satisfying than Uncharted. The gameplay and progression of Tomb Raider is just so addicting and fun, and Shadow of the Tomb Raider looks to be offering that same greatness, in what seems to be Crystal Dynamics' biggest effort yet. Definitely most hyped for this game this year.

2019 though... that's gonna be a huge year.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I'm jumping on the hype train for Eyeshadow of the Tomb Raider, which is by default my most anticipated game this year because it is in fact the only game I'm looking forward to after The Sims 4 Seasons, which was released in June.

Life Is Strange 2 is coming out in the same month, but I need more information on that game before I can tell whether or not I'm excited. I liked the first one, but Before the Storm a.k.a. Lesbian Simulator was just a boring forced love story between two doomed characters, and the Captain Spirit prequel was okay for playing once, but never again. To catch my interest again, Life Is Strange 2 will have to return to the sense of mystery the first game provided, and make player choices actually matter (which is the least you can offer when your game is basically just an interactive movie).

Flipqy42

Nevermore
Spider-Man. Looks fun, though hopefully the webswinging doesn't get on my nerves like in other Spider-Man games.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Its a Pokemon game, on the Switch, with the Pokemon following you around. How can I not be excited??

Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I suck at fighting games, but playing Smash is some of the most fun I've had with my friends whenever we get the time to hang out. Plus this has so many characters to play around with (Though, I might just stick with Link, especially this time, there's three of them :p)

Really can't wait for 2019 releases though :p

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Spider-Man. Looks fun, though hopefully the webswinging doesn't get on my nerves like in other Spider-Man games.

Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee. Its a Pokemon game, on the Switch, with the Pokemon following you around. How can I not be excited??

Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I suck at fighting games, but playing Smash is some of the most fun I've had with my friends whenever we get the time to hang out. Plus this has so many characters to play around with (Though, I might just stick with Link, especially this time, there's three of them :p)

Really can't wait for 2019 releases though :p

Same, and I can tell from the gameplay trailers that this new Spider-Man has plenty of new mechanics not seen in any other Spider-Man game. I don't recall being able to web zip into enemies to drop kick them, tossing gunmen off a car roof with your web, using gadgets and running up burning buildings in previous games, all this was in the E3 trailer from 2 years ago. The combat is much more nuanced relative to other games as well. Hell, this early impressions review says it's the greatest superhero game they've ever played, which makes me even more anxious to play it.

Also, little fun fact: there's a Nelson & Murdock easter egg found somewhere in the game after fighting Kingpin:

DfhLW5SUcAA3QsU.jpg

It gives me hope that we'll get a DareDevil DLC as one of the other two story add-ons, we already know Black Cat will be in the first one. A playable DareDevil would be the only thing that would make me any more eager to play it (still no word on if these characters will be playable or just featured in said DLC).

Top Bottom