• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Most and least usefull campaign unique starting weapons

Darkness

Infected
Generally I found that it was just a whole lot easier to make use out of some character's unique weapons than others. I've noticed that every character starts with a pistol or machine pistol, and something(s) else that is unique to them. My personal preference rankings goes as follows:

Tied for first/second I have Piers and Ada. They both have their starting pistols as rapid fire, which is always a plus, but they also have the most useful uniques. First, we have Piers' sniper. That thing is pretty much a magnum with a scope. To even start with a sniper is just something in itself, those are usually mid-game weapons, so it's like wow. Then we have Ada's crossbow. This thing packs such a punch, that it can smash all the armor off a Napad in one shot. Both the sniper and the crossbow also have great quick-shots, which can petty much kill any regular enemy in one shot, and send stronger ones flying back so you can deal with them later.

Third, I would place Jake's melee. The reason is, once you lock on with it, you can just jump around and pummel all the enemies in the room without really even trying. It's a great fighting tool, and a way to conserve ammo. Just don't try to lock on to and pummel anything with some mass to it, or it'll backfire on you.

Fourth, I would put Helena. Her hydra packs some good rolling quickshots that can get 1 hit kills, but sometimes it bugs out and the roll doesn't activate. Also, shooting it regularly is pretty ineffective: it has pretty much zero range, and the recoil is such that after one shot, you'll be aiming at the ceiling. Not only this, but it takes so long to reload, that after the 3 shots are used, i don't even bother with it until the respective battle is over, preferring other guns instead.

Fifth, I would rank Sherry. Her stun rod is very fun to watch and quite theatrical, but i find it of little use in real combat situations, especially against enemies armed with guns. I rarely ever find myself charging into a hail of bullets to get a nice stun on an enemy. Her three round burst mode on her pistol is unique and fun, but also pretty useless in my opinion. I feel like i can actually get off more rounds faster if I have it on semi-auto and just rapid fire it using my own finger. Basically Sherry's stuff is the funnest, which is why she lands here.

Sixth I put Chris. I actually feel that his knife and Leon's are the same amount of useless. As I stated in Sherry's, I very rarely ever find the need to use a melee weapon, especially since most of the enemies in this particular campaign shoot projectiles. Also, you can melee while holding a firearm, which makes the knife much less important than it was in RE 4 and 5. Sure the knife lets you do a powerful knock-back melee after 1 hit, where as normal hitting lets you do it after 2 hits, but that's only going to save you a second of time and one block of stamina, not very much. The reason I am putting Chris sixth and Leon seventh, is because of the other unique weapon he has besides his knife, the assault rifle. An assault rifle is common to all the campaigns so it's not so special in itself, but starting with one on the first level is definitely a plus.

Seventh, Leon. My feelings on Leon's knife are mirrored from what i wrote above about Chris' knife, but I think his other unique, the duel pistols, are the worst of all. Frankly, I didn't even know if those were supposed to be advantageous or detrimental. Since pistols are semi-auto anyway, you get no increase in rate of fire. The advantage of the duel pistols is pretty much twice the ammo capacity, which means that you have to reload half as much. The disadvantage, is reduced accuracy and increased recoil, which means you'll miss twice as much. You see the problem now? I'd rather have twice the percentage of my one pistol's bullets hit a target than half the percentage of two pistol's bullets. The latter would only serve to waste bullets.

Reactions: Jay

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I don't exactly have a particular order like you do, but I'd definitely say one of my favorites is Chris. I'm a sucker for AR's, and he starts off with the most powerful assault rifle in the game... 'nuff said. Not to mention the combat knife is awesome if you know how to use it correctly. I still remember a specific instance from my pro-difficulty playthrough where I cleared a crowd of melee-based J'avo with the combat knife alone. Melee weapons in general are fun to use, and are great ammo-saving alternatives if you have health and stamina to spare. With that being established, I'd definitely say that anybody who starts with a melee-weapon would rank pretty high on my list.

Although Leon is still my favorite character, I'd definitely say his starting loadout is far from the best. Sure, the wing shooter can be cool sometimes, but the survival knife is basically a nerfed version of the combat knife. For me, I found it dissapointing that Chris got a way better knife, when Leon is supposed to be the knives expert :mad:

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
the knife is much more useful because you can charge stamina whilst slashing it . It can also do a double tap attack which only uses 1 block. Seriously i have more knife kills than any other weapon on mercenaries its my go-to weapon.! it downs bloodshots for a +7. It also counters easier than any other weapon. You can hit a counter After you slash attack. Im not gunna give away all my tricks..but that knife gets me through a lot of crap!
Chris' assault rifle is the second most powerful rifle..leons one with the knife on the end does about 5% more damage but its less accurate imo.
So i guess my favourite weapon is Chris combat knife.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i usually use a hand-canon (pistol) as my primary weapon when ever it is on the character's weapon set up and the secondary+other weapon being my support / power weapon.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I don't exactly have a particular order like you do, but I'd definitely say one of my favorites is Chris. I'm a sucker for AR's, and he starts off with the most powerful assault rifle in the game... 'nuff said. Not to mention the combat knife is awesome if you know how to use it correctly. I still remember a specific instance from my pro-difficulty playthrough where I cleared a crowd of melee-based J'avo with the combat knife alone. Melee weapons in general are fun to use, and are great ammo-saving alternatives if you have health and stamina to spare. With that being established, I'd definitely say that anybody who starts with a melee-weapon would rank pretty high on my list.

Although Leon is still my favorite character, I'd definitely say his starting loadout is far from the best. Sure, the wing shooter can be cool sometimes, but the survival knife is basically a nerfed version of the combat knife. For me, I found it dissapointing that Chris got a way better knife, when Leon is supposed to be the knives expert :mad:
Compare Leon's with Chris's

Leon is just a weaker version of chris

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I like how each character has there own set of weapons. Though at the same time I wish we could equip anyone with any gun.
Seventh, Leon. My feelings on Leon's knife are mirrored from what i wrote above about Chris' knife, but I think his other unique, the duel pistols, are the worst of all. Frankly, I didn't even know if those were supposed to be advantageous or detrimental. Since pistols are semi-auto anyway, you get no increase in rate of fire. The advantage of the duel pistols is pretty much twice the ammo capacity, which means that you have to reload half as much. The disadvantage, is reduced accuracy and increased recoil, which means you'll miss twice as much. You see the problem now? I'd rather have twice the percentage of my one pistol's bullets hit a target than half the percentage of two pistol's bullets. The latter would only serve to waste bullets.
Lol same. I barely used Leon's duel pistols to the point when I finally did I was like oh yeah I forgot he could do that.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
If you're saying the overall loadout, then yeah, pretty much. I still wish the survival knife had all the same capabilities as the combat knife though :(
Its quite cool how they are different . Because the survival knife can stun an enemy in a single strike to the head and is also slightly quicker (u can attack after an enemy has swung their arm if your quick enough and still hit them)
The combat knife counters easier but the survival is slightly quicker . I prefer the combat knife but i think they are balanced.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Its quite cool how they are different . Because the survival knife can stun an enemy in a single strike to the head and is also slightly quicker (u can attack after an enemy has swung their arm if your quick enough and still hit them)
The combat knife counters easier but the survival is slightly quicker . I prefer the combat knife but i think they are balanced.

Hmm, I haven't acutally noticed the difference in swing-speeds. But I know for a fact that the Combat Knife can do a lot of damage in a short period of time. Especially with that OP quickfire it has XD

I probably haven't noticed the difference in speed since I haven't used the survival knife as much. But, I'll have to look at that now that you've brought it up ^.^

Top Bottom