• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mixing Re Games

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I couldn't think of a better title

Anyways I got this idea when my friend on PSN mentioned a very Awesome combination of games

Mixing two different Resident Evil Games

What two would you guys do>

I'd do

Resident Evil 6 Gameplay mechanics with Resident Evil Revelations "Classic Vibe"

Plays like Re6

Plot is more or less like Revalations

Flipqy42

Nevermore
REmake with RE0 partner zapping system.

Allows you to play REmake as Chris and Jill, enabling the rescue of Barry and Rebecca and obtaining the cannon ending. Plot mainly follows Chris's story, with elements of Jill's story, such as Barry's betrayal.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
^ This. It just sucks to have so many remakes of RE1, but none of them with the canon ending.

My experiment would be mixing RE1's story and setting with the gameplay of RE5/6/ORC. Multiplayer for up to four players: Chris, Jill, Barry and Rebecca. Everyone has his/her individual weapons loadout as well as different strengths and weaknesses. The characters can heal and give each other items, but not guns. There are more original as well as respawning enemies to keep us entertained, but the puzzles are still there too. Players can decide at any time if they want to play through the game together, in separate teams, or each on their own. For example, every one of the four main characters can go after another crest / death mask, but some tasks can only be performed by certain characters (for example, not everyone can play the Moonlight Sonata, which is why characters that are not chosen may appear as NPCs of some sort.)

I would also add "lives" like in the old Nintendo games: You start out with one or two lives, but you can find others, so if you die, you can rise from the dead a few times. However, if you die and don't have any extra lives left, you're dead for good. So the ending depends completely on how the four of you play together: You can get one of the endings you already know, or the previously unseen canon ending with all four of them surviving, or even non-canon endings that were impossible before, like Rebecca and Barry surviving with Chris and Jill dead, or Rebecca alone, or Chris and Barry, etc. If all characters die, the game ends.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Mercenaries 3ds - bring some of the elements into Re6 or future Re games.
They developed mercenaries nicely here- you can use any character with anothers loadout, and there is 50 skills which develop. Re6 had skills but not that did this much difference. They also had wave based levels without time.
In future Mercenaries needs to be developed more it looks simple compared to other games extra modes.
They need a survival mode, upgradeable skills, better costume design and more to drag it into modern gaming!

Top Bottom