• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 messaging capcom about the RE.net issues

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I kindly sent a message to Capcom through the inquiry form on the residentevil.net website about the lack of connection I have had to it.

The form is here:

https://www.residentevil.net/sp/en/inquiry-input.html

---------------------------------------------

They emailed back:

Thank you for contacting Resident Evil.Net support, and apologies for the delay in getting back to you

We have confirmed that the RE NET connection issues can occur on PS4 depending on the condition of your network connection, and we are currently considering an update for the game itself to fix this problem.

In the meantime you may be able to mitigate the problem by taking one or more of the following steps (if you are using a wireless connection)

- Switch to a wired connection if possible
- Reboot your router
- Change your router's wireless channel
- Move your PS4 closer to your router
- Remove any obstacles between your router and PS4
- Avoid using electronics that can cause interference when playing, such as microwaves and other wireless devices like smartphones
- Disconnect all other devices from the network when playing

You may still have issues with the connection to RE NET even after following the above, please wait for an announcement about the update in this case.

Please contact us again if you need any further assistance.

Sincerely,

Resident Evil.Net Support Team
Capcom Co., Ltd.

----------------------------------------------------------

So an update may he considored, if more people message with the problem it might push them to do this.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Thanks for your effort Spikeyroxas ;) It's annoying that it always say that it can't connect to RE.NET. I've been trying every possible think, but nothing works.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Haven't really had many issues with RE.net on PC. Hopefully Capcom can issue an update soon to get you sorted.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I responded to them and then they responded back.
Don't get your hopes up there's not really any news.

I wrote:

Thankyou for responding.
I have attempted the advice you have given me and unfortunately there's still no change.
I have 100% router signal strength, changed the channel to a less congested one, tried it on a non peak time of day, and rebooted the router.

My Internet Speed and connection should not be the issue though as other games and services work fine.
I can also upload data to RE.net despite "not having a connection"
So there's a connection there but it just won't let me have full connection for whatever reason.

Is there anything you can look at internally on the accounts, or will there be news on an update possibly?

Thankyou,
Spikey

They replied:

Thank you for your reply.

Thank you for trying, unfortunately we have no further news about the update right now but we are hoping this will be fixed.

We’ll be posting something on the News page as soon as we have more info.

Thanks again for your patience, and please let us know if we can help with anything else in the meantime.

Resident Evil.Net Support Team
Capcom Co., Ltd.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
News about the update today:

[June 9 Update] About the RE NET connection issues for Resident Evil Revelations 2 on PS3 and PS4
[18:00 (JST)]

An update was recently released that fixes the "Cannot connect to RE NET”connection issues in Revelations 2, your console will download the update automatically if it is connected to the internet (depending on your settings you may be prompted to install the update the next time you launch the game).

RE NET sincerely apologizes for the long wait.

Edit: I tried yesterday, and it actually let me connect without problem.
It took a while to do so (or what seemed forever reading the connecting to RE.net sentence)
But i could actually play an event for thr first time in maybe over a month

Last edited:
Top Bottom