1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Marvel vs. Capcom 4 rumored/confirmed for PSX 2016? ZOMG!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KManX89, Nov 29, 2016.

1. KManX89

KManX89 Well-Known Member

I was searching around on VGChartz when somebody posted a bunch of leaks/shenanigans from NeoGAF:

[​IMG]

This was posted sometime after:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unless these GIFs were photoshopped (and they look totally legit), it's obviously confirmed. ZOMG, HYPE!

With this and the rumored DMC5, Dino Crisis reboot and REmake3, it looks like Capcom is making a comeback and it might be happening faster than we all anticipated. Could it be that the company I LOVED is finally hitting grand slam AAA releases again? They already have DR3, new MH and RE7, 3 AAA games coming out in the next couple months, but I get the feeling they're just getting warmed up.

Word on the street, though is it'll feature MCU characters, so basically, out are Wolvie and the Mutants, in are the Guardians of the Galaxy, DareDevil, Elektra, probably Ultron and/or Thanos will make it in as well. But I'd definitely love me some Punisher and Blade in the game, it would be a first for both characters, Ultron, too.

Airaku likes this.
  2. lorddemolatron

lorddemolatron CP and BP fan forever

i think they are true as heard from some people but wanting to get confirmation on this, some rumour that more could come from PS experience still .

3. cheezMcNASTY

cheezMcNASTY Entertain me. Supporter

If MvC doesn't have Wolverine, I don't want to play it.

Not to be a wet blanket. It's a great series and a 4th one would be welcomed by fans and the competitive scene.

Daburcor and Turo602 like this.
  4. KManX89

Perhaps Capcom used their cinematic angle as a bargaining chip for renegotiating the rights with them (or vice versa). We all know how much stock Marvel puts in their films/TV shows.

If that's what it takes to get a new MvC game off the ground, so be it. Wolverine will probably be replaced with Blade/DareDevil which, while not ideal, is a change I can live with if it means finally getting a new entry in the series. Blade and Dante in the same game would be pretty cool. Ultron as a playable character would be another welcomed addition, he'll almost certainly be in the game due to AoU's success.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  5. Daburcor

Daburcor The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll

I'm with Mulder on this one. I've mained Wolverine since "Children of the Atom", for Christ's sake!

God, I'm old...

6. Turo602

Turo602 The Goddamn Batman

I've always always hoped for another entry in this series and while I'm extremely hyped for this one, the possible and likely lack of X-Men characters is a huge disappointment for me. Wolverine has been one of my mains since the beginning and is practically one of the two faces of the series with the other being Ryu. Hell, this series was spawned because of X-Men. Sure, we might have gained The Guardians of the Galaxy, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Loki, and Ultron but I'd still take Wolverine over any of them any day. Such a huge bummer.

Well, on the Capcom side of things, I hope to see Leon make his MvC debut. I don't want to lose Chris or Wesker either. Though I wouldn't mind replacing Nemesis with the Ustanak as he'd probably make for a better fighter due to his weapon variety. Asura would make a great fighter too. I'd also like to see Chuck Greene as well since he started the whole combo weapons thing in Dead Rising and that would definitely make for a great move-set. Also, they f*cked up pretty hard last time when they omitted Mega Man so they have to make good on that.

Edit: Also, I hope this isn't a Playstation exclusive like Street Fighter V and the upcoming Spider-Man game because I already have all of those games on Xbox and I'd like to continue that.

7. KManX89

Yeah, the probable lack of Wolverine is a huge bummer, but the cinematic angle might've been the only way Marvel would be willing to renegotiate the rights with Capcom. If you wanna blame anybody for his potential exclusion, blame them. They've been rather... anal about their properties since being acquired by Disney. After all, they did cancel the X-Men comics, kill off the mutants and cancelled the Fantastic Four to spite Fox, though I don't exactly blame em for the latter seeing how the latest FF film reboot (Fant4shit, err, I mean, Fant4stick) was done merely to spite them, oh and the FF comics have been selling rather poorly as a whole.

Perhaps he'll be included as DLC at a later time if enough people demand it. Yeah, I know lots of people will argue he should've been in there on day one and I don't disagree with that, but the rosters might be finalized at this point and that sadly may be our best bet.

But on the subject of potential characters, I wonder if Marvel has the film rights to The Beyonder? My guess is he'll be the end boss (since he's a tiny peg above Galactus, the end boss of the latest game) IF Marvel Studios has the rights to him. The early indication is it'll be exclusively MCU characters on the Marvel side, love it or hate it.

8. Turo602

That's exactly why I was worried another game wouldn't happen. They were dicks before too with how they let Wolverine and the X-Men and I think even Spectacular Spider-Man die, so I'm surprised Marvel vs Capcom 3 even happened. Not to mention all the weird stuff that's been going on with Marvel games too. Another game would be great but f*ck Marvel if they get that petty and ruin this game too. The MCU has been nothing but bad news for everything Marvel that's not the films.

9. KManX89

I hear you, man, though it seems they turned their dickholery up a notch since being acquired by Disney. Hell, it may not have even been Marvel per se, but DISNEY that said "no Fox-owned Marvel characters" (if it's even true).

Like I said, it probably was a mandate from Marvel/Disney (assuming it's true), but I get the feeling some people will find a way to pin this on Capcom somehow despite them having 0 control over the Marvel side of things. "No Wolverine? LOL, Capcom strikes again!" They may even go as far as to say Capcom suggested it despite the fact that Marvel has been cynical about their properties in gaming. They cancelled their Marvel Ultimate Alliance deal with Activision and pulled all their games from the PSN and XBL digitally FFS just like Konami did P.T.

As for Capcom characters, I'd like to see Godhand's Gene and Asura make it in. I'm also fully on board with Leon replacing Chris. Also Dino Crisis' Regina, they could give her a cool assist hyper where she calls in a stampede of velociraptors or even a T-rex, that would be pretty damn awesome. Also tranqs as a projectile that temporarily incapacitates the opponent. They could do so much cool **** with her that wouldn't be possible with other characters.

10. lorddemolatron

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
    Airaku and Turo602 like this.
  11. Turo602

I really enjoyed their trailers for MvC 3 and this one was no different. Really cool to see them include Mega Man. I just wish they would have shown off more characters but I guess we'll have to wait. Also, huge sigh of relief seeing the Xbox One logo at the end. Awesome.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  12. lorddemolatron

For me best shock is Steam logo on end so possible PC port too

13. Turo602

Looks like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 is being remastered for current gen systems too and is available for download now.

14. Foxtrot94

Foxtrot94 Elite Hunter

I just want Ken. Gimme Ken this time around, plz. If Vergil is back in this too, my team is definitely gonna be that. Dante, Vergil, and Ken.

15. lorddemolatron

Mine team in end would be old one from earlier part called trenchcoat team aka Vergil/Dante/Wesker if those end in MVC 4 sadly idk what chars be in and out there

16. lorddemolatron

Woot gameplay trailer too:

17. Turo602

Looks like my suspicion was correct. They're going back to 2v2 unless there's an option to do 2v2 or 3v3 matches, though I doubt it. Game looks great and integrating the Infinity Stones into super moves seems like a neat idea even if I can't possibly imagine some these characters ever having that type of power.

18. Turo602

There's hope for X-Men characters after all!

19. Airaku

Airaku Stray Jedi

I'm not worried about the lack of X-men and Fantastic 4 characters. I just don't think we will see many of them. Though I would really like Gambit.

All and all I'm fine with them using MCU characters as the main theme for this entry. I can see why some fans will be against it but with the theme of Infinity and the Infinity Wars coming. I'm game for it. There just better be some quaking involved :P Though at this rate there might be a good chance of it if this is the route they are taking. I'm so excited :D

20. lorddemolatron