• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 Major Plot Holes in Storyline...

Jordanstine

Hello!

Just finished the game and something's been bugging me about the story.

Feel free to correct me if I happen to get things confused.

SPOILERS:

Episode 1 -
Basically the ending noted that Claire and Moira's episode began 6 months before Barry arrives at the island. That's a 6 month gap correct? Not 6 days, not 6 weeks, but 6 months?

Fast forward to...

Episode 4 -
Claire's episode ends with Claire jumping off a cliff leaving Moira. Claire then somehow gets rescued (how in the world I don't know) and is rushed to the hospital where she tells Barry about the island. The episode ends with Claire coming to the rescue (6 months after jumping off a cliff) in a Helicopter equipped with a Rocket Launcher.

Here's what I am scratching my head on:

Aside from how Claire could've been rescued jumping off a cliff in a remote island, what has Moira been doing the last 6 months? She was severely injured when Claire left her. Was Claire recovering in the hospital for about 6 months too? Or was she found after nearly 6 months?

Also why does Barry just leave for the island with only a boat and a handgun? If Barry waited just a day or even less (assuming he waited 6 months after all), he could've just rode together with Claire in a Helicopter packing a Rocket Launcher.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Hello!

SPOILERS:

Episode 1 -
Basically the ending noted that Claire and Moira's episode began 6 months before Barry arrives at the island. That's a 6 month gap correct? Not 6 days, not 6 weeks, but 6 months?

Fast forward to...

Episode 4 -
Claire's episode ends with Claire jumping off a cliff leaving Moira. Claire then somehow gets rescued (how in the world I don't know) and is rushed to the hospital where she tells Barry about the island. The episode ends with Claire coming to the rescue (6 months after jumping off a cliff) in a Helicopter equipped with a Rocket Launcher.

Aside from how Claire could've been rescued jumping off a cliff in a remote island, what has Moira been doing the last 6 months? She was severely injured when Claire left her. Was Claire recovering in the hospital for about 6 months too? Or was she found after nearly 6 months?

Also why does Barry just leave for the island with only a boat and a handgun? If Barry waited just a day or even less (assuming he waited 6 months after all), he could've just rode together with Claire in a Helicopter packing a Rocket Launcher.

Thank you.
Play the bonus episode
There struggle

Barry comes with alot more firepower than that
These arnt really plot holes.
Bigger plot how would be how evgeny saved moira from the rubble before the self destruct or if any of them actually cured the virus.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
None of the things in here are plot holes, but rather things that just aren't explained. Believe it or not, there is a difference.

sbr999

Hello!

SPOILERS:

Episode 1 -

Fast forward to...

Episode 4 -

Thank you.
Reply below in spoiler tag!

EP1
Barry had trouble locating the island. He even mentions that in a dialogue with Nat.

EP4
The currents probably drifted her away til a boat picked her up, or she swam (which is unlikely).

And your last question: Moira was patched up by Evgeny the old russian guy from EP3. The Struggle DLC basicly covers that 6 months event period.

My theory is that Claire probably drifted for a couple days til a boat/someone rescued her. Barry met her hours/days later, but had no clue where to search, that's why the 6 months period.
F*cking technology eh?

Yes, the story do have some convinient writing (like why the old guy doesn't rescue Moira in the bad scenario...just because), but most of them can be explained.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Reply below in spoiler tag!

EP1
Barry had trouble locating the island. He even mentions that in a dialogue with Nat.

EP4
The currents probably drifted her away til a boat picked her up, or she swam (which is unlikely).

And your last question: Moira was patched up by Evgeny the old russian guy from EP3. The Struggle DLC basicly covers that 6 months event period.

My theory is that Claire probably drifted for a couple days til a boat/someone rescued her. Barry met her hours/days later, but had no clue where to search, that's why the 6 months period.
F*cking technology eh?

Yes, the story do have some convinient writing (like why the old guy doesn't rescue Moira in the bad scenario...just because), but most of them can be explained.
I think in regards to that...
Maybe the virus took over her at the end instead of her adapting to it because she didn't overcome her fear of guns before that scene.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
These may not qualify as plot holes, but they're things that have been bugging me.

1) The virus.
Claire and Moira never found an antidote, which means they are still infected. So, if they ever get scared again, things might turn ugly.

2) The... "machine", or whatever.
Is there any information on how the soul-transferring process is supposed to work? Capcom can't just introduce one of the most interesting concepts they ever had, and then not explain it. If anyone finds Alex, please give her my number, perhaps she'll lend me that thing.

3) The ending of the third episode.
What Alex says to Christmas Girl doesn't make any sense. "I wasn't afraid as I watched my hair turn grey and the flesh sag from my bones." ... Wait, you were not afraid of aging after all? Then why did you want a new body in the first place? Drama Queen or something?

4) And finally, the most important question: Why is Claire's voice actress a man?

jamesbakervup0v.jpg

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
1) The virus.
Claire and Moira never found an antidote, which means they are still infected. So, if they ever get scared again, things might turn ugly.

I thought about this too XD

We know Claire's not afraid of zombies, but what if she's afraid of spiders, heights, clowns, enclosed spaces etc. it could be anything!!

Moira's bracelet seemed to activate at the end though so I don't know if the virus had any effect on her other than bringing her back to life.

As for 4) I think the actor is using an alias for some reason although James can be a girls name.

Reactions: Hel

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
These may not qualify as plot holes, but they're things that have been bugging me.

1) The virus.

2) The... "machine", or whatever.
Is there any information on how the soul-transferring process is supposed to work? Capcom can't just introduce one of the most interesting concepts they ever had, and then not explain it. If anyone finds Alex, please give her my number, perhaps she'll lend me that thing.

3) The ending of the third episode.
What Alex says to Christmas Girl doesn't make any sense. "I wasn't afraid as I watched my hair turn grey and the flesh sag from my bones." ... Wait, you were not afraid of aging after all? Then why did you want a new body in the first place? Drama Queen or something?

4) And finally, the most important question: Why is Claire's voice actress a man?

jamesbakervup0v.jpg

I think
because moria overcame her fear of guns before hand the virus adapted to her instead and she now has natural immunity to it like Natalia. Its unknown but possible that it has granted her some kind of dormant power like Natalia has in the bad ending.
Claire was in bsaa hospital for as much as 6months max and could have been cured in that time. Although this was not really said From what I have seen

instead of transferring a person's consciousness is instead copies it over, 6months is needed according to the files to complete the process. When Natalia awoken she immediately had some kind of i guess you can call it bipolarism. The last step is for the transferred consciousness to take over, Seemingly through weakness of mental well being. (bringing her down, emotional turmoil or absence of mental presence)
She was technically an I'll minded zombie person at this stage and her way of thinking was probably not the same, after all why else would she be trying my to kill the person she craved so much. Although, she may have also have been trying to trigger fear in the girl to get Alex to awaken within her.
Though this can be argued with her reaction immediately after.

looks like Alfred is back

Reactions: Hel

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Okay, so can it be assumed that
Alex didn't know that the process would only copy her soul instead of transferring it? Because otherwise she wouldn't have done it, would she? I suppose her plan was to wake up in Christmas Girl's body rather than creating a doppelgänger of herself, and when she realised her mistake it was too late.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Okay, so can it be assumed that
Alex didn't know that the process would only copy her soul instead of transferring it? Because otherwise she wouldn't have done it, would she? I suppose her plan was to wake up in Christmas Girl's body rather than creating a doppelgänger of herself, and when she realised her mistake it was too late.
I assumed this is why
She kills herself willingly

Top Bottom