• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) Look at my personal best :)

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
so the other day i was bored and i found my good ol` ps1 and i started playing re3
i completed the mercenaries mini game enough to buy the unlimited ammo :) so i started playing to see how much it takes using the handgun and the magnum and this is the result lol btw its in spanish cuz im from South America.

IMG00230-20110905-2042.jpg

so what do you think :) it is my personal record in time and savings lol

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
Not bad, dude! You can probably shave an hour off if you dodge/run around zombies, remember exactly what you have to do, skip Nemmy when you can, stay off the walls and run around with the handgun as much as possible to move faster.

Again, great job!

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
Decent for a start, but if you want to go for the best times you should be aiming for under 2 hours at least, this obviously means that you should know the route decently and have an idea of what happens where and what else could happen there (RE3 has a lot of lovely randomisation). I'm not a fan of New Game+ runs myself though, I prefer fresh out-of-the-box based runs as there's more of a challenge.

The only forced encounters in this game are:
Clock Tower Nemesis
Grave Digger
Nemesis (Treatment Room)
Final Nemesis

Three of these four bosses can be killed much easier using gameplay gimmicks (lamp posts, acid, Paracelsus' Sword/Rail Cannon), so the only trouble you could have is against Clock Tower Nemesis. Who's suprisingly easy.

Take the Flame Rounds from Carlos when you bring all three components to the cable car, choose to dive out of the window (important!) at the live event afterwards, this will give Nemesis his Rocket Launcher for the showdown but it actually makes things easier. Then when you proceed Carlos will give you Freeze Rounds in the third Clock Tower room, if you take the other path he won't do this.

Load the Grenade Launcher with Flame Rounds first, it takes 6 Flame Rounds and then 5 Freeze Rounds to kill him, you can just stand in place and heal if a Rocket hits you. It's better since if he doesn't have his rocket he'll be in his tentacle form which is much worse. Besides that it's just learning enemy placements and such, you should know that pretty much every room has two different enemy layouts that can occur, none are connected. You'll learn these as you keep playing. Each puzzle has 4 different possible outcomes each except for the music and painting puzzles at the clock tower where the odds are mostly against you.

I think one of the important things to note is which weapon you get at the RPD, in the locker there is a 50/50 chance of getting either the Magnum or the Grenade Launcher, the Magnum is highly useless in a speedun and you want the Launcher. If you don't get it it'll add unnecessary time at the sub station later on.

Finally, why is there no ranking on your screencap? =P

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
Decent for a start, but if you want to go for the best times you should be aiming for under 2 hours at least, this obviously means that you should know the route decently and have an idea of what happens where and what else could happen there (RE3 has a lot of lovely randomisation). I'm not a fan of New Game+ runs myself though, I prefer fresh out-of-the-box based runs as there's more of a challenge.

The only forced encounters in this game are:
Clock Tower Nemesis
Grave Digger
Nemesis (Treatment Room)
Final Nemesis

Three of these four bosses can be killed much easier using gameplay gimmicks (lamp posts, acid, Paracelsus' Sword/Rail Cannon), so the only trouble you could have is against Clock Tower Nemesis. Who's suprisingly easy.

Take the Flame Rounds from Carlos when you bring all three components to the cable car, choose to dive out of the window (important!) at the live event afterwards, this will give Nemesis his Rocket Launcher for the showdown but it actually makes things easier. Then when you proceed Carlos will give you Freeze Rounds in the third Clock Tower room, if you take the other path he won't do this.

Load the Grenade Launcher with Flame Rounds first, it takes 6 Flame Rounds and then 5 Freeze Rounds to kill him, you can just stand in place and heal if a Rocket hits you. It's better since if he doesn't have his rocket he'll be in his tentacle form which is much worse. Besides that it's just learning enemy placements and such, you should know that pretty much every room has two different enemy layouts that can occur, none are connected. You'll learn these as you keep playing. Each puzzle has 4 different possible outcomes each except for the music and painting puzzles at the clock tower where the odds are mostly against you.

I think one of the important things to note is which weapon you get at the RPD, in the locker there is a 50/50 chance of getting either the Magnum or the Grenade Launcher, the Magnum is highly useless in a speedun and you want the Launcher. If you don't get it it'll add unnecessary time at the sub station later on.

Finally, why is there no ranking on your screencap? =P

dunno really why there is no ranking and in most of cases i get the grenade launcher when i go directly to stars office and later to the dark room and believe me i have played long enough and many times to know the game the enemies and what will happen haha just after many years i had to play in easy to beat it in hard xD

Carlos Alexander

I Think you can make a Perfect Rank by running away from the Optional Bosses.
And Killing the "Forced" Bosses without any damage.
And dont killing any zombies, unless the necessary, you can use the dodge by pressing R1+FIRE in a certain time, when the zombie is closest to you to dodge and ran way. But you need to pratice to do it perfectly, winthout any mistake.
And Take care with the Grave Digger Boss( In the cemitery, the 1° encounter is easy in the park)
The Nemesis in te clock tower ( The secret is dodge and shoot him with the freeze rounds and the mine trower)
The Nemesis in the Treatment Room is not very hard, you can use the freeze rounds and the acid is good too, and the acid of the stage)
The final Boss is the Hardest, because you dont have a place to hide, if he catchs you, he certanily will leave you in "CAUTION" , i think the secret are in the weapon that you use, use the rocket launcher and the freeze round when he's weak. And be careful with the dodge.
I think if you do that you cand finish the game in 2:30 i think or less. With the highest rank.
(My English is not good, but i think you will understand)

Caio

I did this game recently fighting in all Nemesis encounters (and some additional challenging rules) and scoring A rank. You can check it out at this YouTube playlist.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
It's a good run and with practice you'll smash under 2 hours. I used to do speed runs on here until the board got transferred over and a lot of threads got lost. My personal best on re3 was under 1.30. I'm going to download the original resident evil bundle on ps3 and start speed runs again ;)

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I know the game can be beat in 2:15 easily. Its a lot of knowing how to make the game unfold the way you need it too. I was once told there is one certain way to play the game to get the best time but I never knew what sequence. Trial and error.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I would love to see RE1 beat in under an hour, I dont see how, but I don't know all about these games, just the story lol. I remember them like the back of my hand but to put pen to paper yeah lol dont work well. Scrub, we need to talk sometime, like your advice.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I would love to see RE1 beat in under an hour, I dont see how, but I don't know all about these games, just the story lol. I remember them like the back of my hand but to put pen to paper yeah lol dont work well. Scrub, we need to talk sometime, like your advice.
with resident evil 1 on the ps1, you can literally skip huge chunks of the game if you know how to play it, for example, the end tyrant battle, that can be completely skipped and instead of fighting him you just go to the helipad and get picked up..game over.
there's loads of sequences that can be avoided by playing in a certain order.

JillsPimp

The Armorer
I remember you could just get picked up but I forget how you go about doing it, its been so long and I use to know the if you do this, this happens, etc etc lol.

Top Bottom