• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Loading Times face off: RE6 Demo vs. DNF

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
If the load times in the Full RE6 are this long and it gets a 9/10 or 10/10 from the sites that slammed DNF, I will roll on the ground laughing at their stupidity.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I'd heard about Duke Nukem Forever sporting some silly-long long times on consoles. I play everything on PC, and everything loads lightning-fast -- even DNF -- so I'm not particularly worried about any such problems cropping up in Resi 6. Hopefully Capcom can get everything nicely fine-tuned on consoles when the game rolls around later this year; I would presume they're aware that fans aren't especially over the moon about having to have to wait an eternity for the loading screen to do its thing.

xMobilemux

I'd heard about Duke Nukem Forever sporting some silly-long long times on consoles. I play everything on PC, and everything loads lightning-fast -- even DNF -- so I'm not particularly worried about any such problems cropping up in Resi 6. Hopefully Capcom can get everything nicely fine-tuned on consoles when the game rolls around later this year; I would presume they're aware that fans aren't especially over the moon about having to have to wait an eternity for the loading screen to do its thing.
I own 5 copies of DNF and 3 of them are the console versions, I've seen the console loading times and they are awful, my 360 version took a full minute to load once while on my PC it doesnt take any longer than 6 or 7 seconds, if RE6s loading times turn out to be the same as in the video then RE6 will be unplayable (on consoles that is), but from what I've heard, the longer than DNF load times arnt the only problem with RE6, I'll been told that their is massive screen tearing and bad frame rate, that's not something you wanna see in a demo because many demo players will assume it will carry on into the full game.

Jakeykins18

Useless
I own 5 copies of DNF and 3 of them are the console versions, I've seen the console loading times and they are awful, my 360 version took a full minute to load once while on my PC it doesnt take any longer than 6 or 7 seconds, if RE6s loading times turn out to be the same as in the video then RE6 will be unplayable (on consoles that is), but from what I've heard, the longer than DNF load times arnt the only problem with RE6, I'll been told that their is massive screen tearing and bad frame rate, that's not something you wanna see in a demo because many demo players will assume it will carry on into the full game.
I've played each (Jake, Chris, Leon) demo countless times, more then 10 each, and I haven't ran into one bug nor has anyone else I've talked to about it with or played it with. The frame rate isn't bad at all either. There are maybe 2 moments in the entire demo where I've been like UGH lag, but it was probably just my connection. It's obvious you really don't like RE6 and I don't mean to be rude but you should probably find a DN forum :p. Sometimes I question if you even like RE.

Reactions: Jay

xMobilemux

It's obvious you really don't like RE6 and I don't mean to be rude but you should probably find a DN forum :p. Sometimes I question if you even like RE.
I've found plenty of DN forums and I'm well known on them and Believe me I do like Resident Evil, I'm a long time fan as I played the first games way back in the 90s, I just really hate Capcom and what they are doing to RE. I'm just gonna keep boycotting them until they pull their thumbs out of their asses and listen to their true fans rather than listening to their idiotic fanboys. You wont get what you want from pricks like Capcom if you just be nice and support their bulls**t choices.

Howard

Hero of the alspark
You do know that demo is from E3 right? The full game will be better,and no screen tearing(I hope)

Top Bottom