• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Likelihood of a remaster?

IntoxNitram

I just wanted to see where Resident Evil Revelations really sat in terms of success within the Resident Evil franchise. Would you say the games performance and reception would warrant a remaster of any kind, that would see the game brought to the Xbox One and PS4?

Simply asking because this is one of the Resident Evil games I never got a chance to play, and would like to be able to - so would need a PS4 release.

black 93

I don't think it's impossible. Revelations was one of the better received resi's in recent years and since 0,1,4,5 and 6 have been remastered and 2 is being remade for a new generation, i don't think it's totally out of the question. I don't think it sold anywhere near as much as 5 & 6 so capcom may not be in a rush to re release it on it's own but maybe they'll bundle it with Revelations 2 or wait till Revelations 3 comes out and mash them all together. Revelations 1 isn't my favourite and in my opinion is a little overated, so having it on 3DS and PS3 is enough for me, but plenty of people adore it so ya never know Capcom may just bang it out at some point.

IntoxNitram

I don't think it's impossible. Revelations was one of the better received resi's in recent years and since 0,1,4,5 and 6 have been remastered and 2 is being remade for a new generation, i don't think it's totally out of the question. I don't think it sold anywhere near as much as 5 & 6 so capcom may not be in a rush to re release it on it's own but maybe they'll bundle it with Revelations 2 or wait till Revelations 3 comes out and mash them all together. Revelations 1 isn't my favourite and in my opinion is a little overated, so having it on 3DS and PS3 is enough for me, but plenty of people adore it so ya never know Capcom may just bang it out at some point.
If it isn't out by Resident Evil Revelations 3, or isn't announced by that point - I suppose I will have to pick up a PS3 to play this game (and a few other non-RE games too)

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I think Capcom wouldn't totally rule this out. Also, Revelations is a lightweight game so the remaster will definitely run at 60 fps. On a side note, the name Revelations 3 itself sounds weird to me but then again there's Black Ops 3 so..

Last edited:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Considering the console version of Revelations is already a remaster, I think it's pretty unlikely we'll be seeing it remastered for current gen systems. A port would be nice, just so my Revelations 2 doesn't look so lonely next to the other Resident Evil games on my shelf but I don't see even that happening.

Top Bottom