• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Licker-inspired monsters featured in Godzilla fan film!!

rockstarbd82

jacoblickers by rockstarbd82, on Flickr

Picture 22 by rockstarbd82, on Flickr

(44:25 for scene)

For those who haven't checked it out yet, I will admit as the director of this film, I am a huge Resident Evil fan and featured creatures very similar looking to the Lickers from Resident Evil 2 in my Godzilla Fan Film, Godzilla Battle Royale.

Long story short, my friend Jacob Baker who is an amazing monster suit creator with his father RD Baker, already had made a full human sized licker suit in its original red color. As I was filming his amazing Hyper Godzilla and Varan suit at his home in AR, I noticed the Licker suit in his house and couldn't stop raving about it and the fact that he too was an RE2 fan.

So then the idea popped in my head and asked him if he'd be willing to paint all the reds on the costume green to make it fit in with the monster Hedorahs (The Smog Monster) gimmack where they would serve as creatures that spawn off the monster if parts of him get blown off.

Needless to say Jacob loved the idea and the next I came over to film his stuff, not only did he paint his whole costume green, he also invested in gettins some swat/gas mask attire so he could also portray his favorite character HUNK in my film.

44:25 is where the Lickers, Hunk and a canon tribute to Resident Evil side by side with Godzilla/Kaiju action happens. We even use the RE2 music when the William Birkin Transformation B appears on the lowering train. Licker sound effects were used. And hell, for good measure, I made sure my character in the film had a 50 AE Desert Eagle safety box welded to the side of his fighter jet. If you're also a kaiju fan, this will be a bonus to check out.

We've hit nearly a Quarter of a Million Views in just over 2 months!!! Can't believe how far this film has gone. Hope that Resident Evil fans might get a kick out of the RE Canon within our Godzilla fan film here.

Top Bottom