• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Lack Of Trophies!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Hi all,

I just re finished RE4 for probably my 10th or 11th time and completed Separate Ways and I have to say - I am pretty sad about the lack of trophies. I mean, yes, the game is 15 years old and I should be able to give it a break. BUT I love collection Trophies. I got all of them in this playthrough except the one for beating it on Professional, but that is only because I have a HUGE back catalog of games to play!

Does this bother anyone else like it does me?

Here is the trophy list for anyone interested: https://psnprofiles.com/guide/4962-resident-evil-4-trophy-guide

There are TONS of Trophies that could be added too!

1) Beat the game in under said amount of time
2) Fill Leon and Ashley's Health Gauges to Full
3) Beat the game without every using a Yellow Herb
4) Maximize one weapon
5) Maximize all weapons stats
6) Sit on Saddler's Throne
7) Mercs TROPHIESSSSSS!

The list is endless!

Turo602

The King of Kings
That's always bothered me. The achievements are so basic and I think it has to do with it having been a digital arcade game first. We didn't get a physical release until the current gen ports and they obviously just kept the same achievements. But they could have definitely done more with it.

The achievement system when implemented really well can be very rewarding. Without it, I would have never strived to do all kinds of specific playthroughs in Resident Evil REmake that I thought I could never do. The Halo: Master Chief Collection is also another amazing example of a game that makes you do all sorts of stuff you wouldn't have otherwise known about or thought you could pull off. I've done so much with every campaign in the MCC than I ever accomplished in over a decade of playing the Halo games over and over again.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I thought about that during my playthrough of Resident Evil 5 on XBOX One, you honestly could transplant half of the base game achievements from 5 onto RE4 with minimal changes, ontop of the achievements 4 already has, and you'd be all set.

D

Deleted member 21244

That's always bothered me. The achievements are so basic and I think it has to do with it having been a digital arcade game first. We didn't get a physical release until the current gen ports and they obviously just kept the same achievements. But they could have definitely done more with it.

The achievement system when implemented really well can be very rewarding. Without it, I would have never strived to do all kinds of specific playthroughs in Resident Evil REmake that I thought I could never do. The Halo: Master Chief Collection is also another amazing example of a game that makes you do all sorts of stuff you wouldn't have otherwise known about or thought you could pull off. I've done so much with every campaign in the MCC than I ever accomplished in over a decade of playing the Halo games over and over again.
I actually buy it phisically when the collection first came out in 2011, so I don't think had something to do whit that, probably they didn't bother whit the trophy much, and that's a shame since they could have put many trophies on both code veronica and 4...
I read on some forum that they didn t put many trophies because on Xbox 360 the amount of trophies depend on the price of the game because on Xbox the trophy work with point, since it's not a full 60 dollars price they didn't put many trophy... Obviously I don't know if this is true

Turo602

The King of Kings
I actually buy it phisically when the collection first came out in 2011, so I don't think had something to do whit that, probably they didn't bother whit the trophy much, and that's a shame since they could have put many trophies on both code veronica and 4...
I read on some forum that they didn t put many trophies because on Xbox 360 the amount of trophies depend on the price of the game because on Xbox the trophy work with point, since it's not a full 60 dollars price they didn't put many trophy... Obviously I don't know if this is true

Digital arcade games on Xbox usually had less achievements. Only certain regions had a physical release of the RE4 and CVX Collection. It was still primarily a digital release and was treated as such.

Top Bottom