• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Just got the game!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I just bought for n64 this game is awesome I'm lovin it does anybody have any advice to help me

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
New to RE2? Heres a little tip. Don't try to kill Lickers with a handgun, get the shotgun and kill them. If you're Leon you get it from the gunshop owner after he dies.. if you're Claire you get the Bowgun off him. If you forgot to get them off the gunshop owner I believe there is a shotgun in the STARS office in the locker. Other newbie tips... Use the lighter in fireplace in the meeting room to get the Red jewel (you use it later on with another you find later)... I could go on and on but.. I don't wanna ruin it for ya.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
If you're confident in your knife skills, go through to the police station without shooting anything. *Dont go back for the shotgun or bowgun as they could get you attacked by a group of zombies* Then, when you get to the police station and go down the stairs into the tunnel, fire everything you got into the zombie you see. He'll drop a special key to use fairly early in the game.

Get the card key and unlock both doors.

I generally go through the large blue doors first; my first goal is always to lower the emergency ladder in the lobby, because you will have to go between floors a lot. My second goal is always to unlock the door in the hallway where birds will break through the windows on your way to the helicopter crash.

If youre familiar with where herbs lie on the map, I suggest leaving them where they are until you need them. If not, be sure to grab and store them. *side note: you want to have a full inventory of full healing items when you reach the final boss.

Be very careful in the lower floors in the jail and past the sewers.

If you plan on playing Claire's senerio after Leon's, leave her something in the armory. (In the first scenario I generally grab the gun because of something I point out later)

After you've left the station and are going through the area where there are 3 so so zombies in every corridor *you'll have noticed the ground shaking above you, etc* (as Leon you'll be with Ada, as Claire you'll be with Sherry), search everything. There is a locker key there in one of the dead end corridors which will unlock a weapons locker in the Umbrella facility later, which will supply custom magnum parts. Claire will also find a Spark Shot, a rather nice weapon.

In the Umbrella facility, go through the blue door first.

When you get to the lower level with the slime all over the walls around a doors, go inside and log onto the computer as GUEST. Do this again on the next senerio to discover a sub machine gun.

Leon will find the flamethrower in the room where you read about security changes, and there will be a plant in the ventilation. I believe Claire will find bolts here.

Make sure you're carrying as many herbs as you can when you reach the final boss. *in the second senerio you'll want to have extras in the storage chest as well, for later.

Good Luck :)

AgentZero

Okay right now just killed willie and left sherry in the security room I have noticed in every RE there is someone annoying you have to help
RE2= Sherry
RECV=Steve
RE4=Ashley
RE5=Sheva
Come on

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I just bought for n64 this game is awesome I'm lovin it does anybody have any advice to help me

Don't get killed by zombies... xD

But srsly like all re games, don't waste ur ammo on the slow ass zombies unless u have to. Save ammo for tougher enemies like lickers.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
AH my first experience with Resi 2 was back in 2003 after I beat Resi REmake (Never beat the Original, though I have played it, I still like the REmake better.) After I was done completing the REmake I wanted more, so I bought Resi 2. My advice is listen to every sound around you, it could save your life, and hoarde all your ammo, this could also save your life. I don't waste ammo on MR. X because he just gets back up, I just run for my life.
Distance youself from all enemies especiallly Lickers.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
Heres a big tip...

Infinite ammo code:
At the load game screen, press Up(4), Right(4), L, R, L, R, C-Right, C-Left

It will bring you back to the main menu if you type it in correct. Have fun. lol

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
that cheat would just ruin the experience of the game lol

Yeah I know... it's fun though to use after you beat the game with no cheats, then I think you're worthy of using a code. Thats my opinion. I never use codes right off the bat. Also though if you're stuck on a part and out of ammo like kristoffer, I think its ok to start over and use the cheat as long as you try again after you beat it with no cheats.

Oh my goodness MR. burtton you just gave me the cheat right when I was about to start the game over cause I was out of ammo
Lol cool. I believe thats the correct code.. I hope it helps out (I'm sure it will;)). Don't let it spoil you though, makes sure you beat the game for real with no cheats too.

AgentZero

Yeah I know... it's fun though to use after you beat the game with no cheats, then I think you're worthy of using a code. Thats my opinion. I never use codes right off the bat. Also though if you're stuck on a part and out of ammo like kristoffer, I think its ok to start over and use the cheat as long as you try again after you beat it with no cheats.

Lol cool. I believe thats the correct code.. I hope it helps out (I'm sure it will;)). Don't let it spoil you though, makes sure you beat the game for real with no cheats too.
*cough* sure *cough*

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
Try to keep a couple herbs on you at all times. Single green herbs so you can combine them if you need room in your inventory. Check your health every time you take damage. If you take light damage and your health gets to yellow it is probably safe to let yourself take one more hit before you use an herb but thats only if you're still in danger and you know whats coming. Other than that try to maintain green health. You should be able to manage this if you collect all the herbs and stockpile them in your item box.

Don't combine 3 green herbs. Two green herbs combined are useful and pretty much restore most of your health from near death. And its good to always combine red and green when possible.

Don't use first aid sprays unless you're dying and out of herbs, they lower your score. Its best to just avoid carrying first aid sprays around. You could just put them in the item box when you find them in save rooms if you're low on herbs.

B.Martin

Best advice i can give is.... Play it at night (preferably an empty house), with the lights off and the TV volume right up. (Try not to go to sleep with the light on ;))

Top Bottom