• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just a theory... (discuss?)

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I've been going back and forth with some of my RE friends about this and wanted to discuss it somewhere more public to get more opinions. Remember when the producer of Damnation mentioned Rebecca possibly being in it? I feel as though they may be trying to link RE6 and Damnation together seeing how Leon is in it, but this isn't my point. There are some things I have noticed lately in RE1 and RE0 and about Rebecca in general.

Ever wondered why they never mention much about her background even though she is a main character? Ever wondered why Wesker shot her in the chest when he knows all of the S.T.A.R.S members are wearing bullet proof vests when he could of just shot her in the head? Kind of stupid no? Maybe not... Why is her picture in Wesker's desk in RE2?

"↑ In the original Resident Evil, Rebecca comments that was odd for the helicopter to break down, as she serviced it shortly before the mission." - Source http://residentevil.wikia.com/Rebecca_Chambers Why would she even mention such an odd thing?

Brad called three times, but does not receive any responses due to Richard's malfunctioning Walkie Talkie - Same source... Doesn't she use his Walkie Talkie at some point?

In RE0 Wesker never wants to kill her, he just watches her on the security camera. Why is this? Also in RE1 why isn't she just with Chris the whole time? Why does she keep disappearing?

And finally, isn't she the only STARS member that didn't fill out a report after the Mansion incident? I know she's not seen with Chief Irons in that picture and is the only living STARS member who disappears after the events of RE1... Barry is seen in RE3, but she is never heard from again in any documentation...

The point I'm trying to make here if it isn't obvious by now is if Capcom were smart they would take advantage of this and make Rebecca the head villain in RE6(especially Alex Wesker given the fact that they never listed the gender). There is so much to work off of and so much potential, it would just make sense.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
Interesting stuff! There could also be an explanation of how Rebecca was smart enough to join the STARS organization at an early age/finish college or whatever she did (maybe she was artificially created, like Wesker), though I doubt Capcom planned to use her 15 years later as the main villain in RE6 when they created her character in the beginning because things have a way of leaking after so long. I do think there is a reason Capcom chose her and Barry to be in Mercenaries Reunion, when there were other characters to choose like Claire and Leon. There's also the female Chris refers to as being at fault in the RE6 trailer. I guess we'll see, but your idea would definitely make one heck of a fan fic.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I was thinking the same thing when he referred to "That bitch" After I lol'd of course because I love to hear angry Chris... It's quite amusing! :p Maybe Capcom will catch on or already has to this idea. I hope to see her and Barry either way though in RE6... Villain or not! :D

wolfgirl

Almost a Jibble Sammich
If this isn't in the final game, this would make an AMAZING fan-fic. Please write one!!!

Resi always tends to have very obvious villains and heroes so I don't think Rebecca will be made a villain but I do love the idea!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
If this isn't in the final game, this would make an AMAZING fan-fic. Please write one!!!

Resi always tends to have very obvious villains and heroes so I don't think Rebecca will be made a villain but I do love the idea!

Thank you very much! If only I worked for Capcom... I will try to write a fan fic out when I get some free time. I do enjoy writing and usually like to team up with someone else if anyone else would like to join me. :D

Here's something else I forgot to mention... This could just be because Capcom didn't know RE0 was going to exist before RE1, but they still did this in REmake even after the beta version of RE0. After RE0 ended Rebecca knows how to fight the monsters very well and looks like she's ready to face whatever is in the Spencer Estate. Why does she act like she's never dealt with one before in REmake? It's only when she's around Chris though, because she seems to get by just fine when he's not around. Just saying... It just doesn't add up! Haha

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ever wondered why they never mention much about her background even though she is a main character?
Well they did kind of mention some little things, mostly to do with how young she is and how she was really smart in school. Just the way she acts/talks shows how young and inexperienced she is. They never really say much about most of the characters though. Just tidbits that make them stand out.

Ever wondered why Wesker shot her in the chest when he knows all of the S.T.A.R.S members are wearing bullet proof vests when he could of just shot her in the head? Kind of stupid no? Maybe not...
I did and this scene just popped into my head.
Horrible shot, Wesker!

Why is her picture in Wesker's desk in RE2?
Chris and Forest think they're a couple of funny guys. :D

"↑ In the original Resident Evil, Rebecca comments that was odd for the helicopter to break down, as she serviced it shortly before the mission." - Source http://residentevil.wikia.com/Rebecca_Chambers Why would she even mention such an odd thing?
Maybe I don't quite understand where you're going with this one. I'm sure it's part of regulation to test fly helicopters before you go using them for a major mission.
In RE0 Wesker never wants to kill her, he just watches her on the security camera. Why is this? Also in RE1 why isn't she just with Chris the whole time? Why does she keep disappearing?
S.T.A.R.S. were being used as Wesker's "little guinea pigs" to see how they fare against the monsters. He never kills Chris, Jill, or Barry either.
Doesn't Chris always suggest to split up?

And finally, isn't she the only STARS member that didn't fill out a report after the Mansion incident? I know she's not seen with Chief Irons in that picture and is the only living STARS member who disappears after the events of RE1... Barry is seen in RE3, but she is never heard from again in any documentation...

She ran away with Billy!

Not to put a wet blanket on anything- by all means it is a pretty interesting idea and would probably make for a good ol' fanfic!

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
My friend told me I might be in too deep on this one haha... I just really enjoy the idea. I love dumb and dumber by the way, kudos to you! LOL Hilarious video!

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
As much as it seems like a good idea, i really doubt that Rebecca will ever be a villian in RE6.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Interesting theories... but I hope not. I love Rebecca; I can't imagine her being a villian :(.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Anything to get her back into the series at this point... (Aside from them turning her into a man or something) would make me happy! Haha. I also think RE is in NEED of a serious twist that isn't laughable and this would be perfect imo.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Im still keeping my fingers crossed for her possible Damnation appearence. Here is my idea of what she might be doing in Damnation - Medic in the warzone, treating civilian and military injuries. Leon gets injured and blacks out, he wakes up laying on a bed with Rebecca looking over him and the story goes on from there.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Im still keeping my fingers crossed for her possible Damnation appearence. Here is my idea of what she might be doing in Damnation - Medic in the warzone, treating civilian and military injuries. Leon gets injured and blacks out, he wakes up laying on a bed with Rebecca looking over him and the story goes on from there.

Sounds like a good theory... I have a few about how it could turn out. Billy could be the mystery character in Damnation (in fact I'm 99% sure it is) and he could be looking for her... Or vice versa. She may of been kidnapped by umbrella or something as well. Whichever it is I hope she's in it!

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Sounds like a good theory... I have a few about how it could turn out. Billy could be the mystery character in Damnation (in fact I'm 99% sure it is) and he could be looking for her... Or vice versa. She may of been kidnapped by umbrella or something as well. Whichever it is I hope she's in it!

Sounds good, she might have gone to europe with the others. Who knows.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Thank you very much! If only I worked for Capcom... I will try to write a fan fic out when I get some free time. I do enjoy writing and usually like to team up with someone else if anyone else would like to join me. :D
I'd join you if you were open to it...I've co wrote one fan fic on here before and it was a blast...If you're ever interested just message me on my profile...If you aren't, no big deal... ;)

Top Bottom