• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Julia Voth/Jill Valentine Future Projects.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
I know this isn't RE6 related but you know, this is the only part of the forum that is still alive haha

This is an interview they did to Julia Voth and the director of the short S.E.R.A. about S.E.R.A. (lol)
They are talking about JILL VALENTINE and stuff so I thought you may want to read it.
This makes me hope someday she will be the official Jill Valentine for movies. GOD PLEASE

Oh and yeah, the director changed her characters name to Jill (f-yeah)

Resident Evil Database had the honor to interview the director Ben Howdeshell and the actress Julia Voth about the short-length production "Project: S.E.R.A.", launched at the beginning of 2012. Inspired by Resident Evil, the movie was a great success among the fans of the franchise and had the support of the superstar Milla Jovovich, who plays Alice in the movies.

What is the main concept behind Project: S.E.R.A.? What does "S.E.R.A." stand for?
Ben Howdeshell: S.E.R.A stands for The Simpson Eames Regeneration Agenda. There is a long backstory, but the short version is that the US Government, in an attempt to keep more active duty soldiers on the field, developed a drug called SERA_131 that acts as a healing accelerant. But they pushed it too far, creating disasterous side effects.

Julia, how did you get the opportunity to work on Project: S.E.R.A.? Were you invited by Ben, or did you have to make an audition or something?
Julia Voth: Ben and I have worked together a few times before this, I was originally contacted by him when he was casting for “Alone” (a very cool twist on the end-of-the-world everyone’s infected with a deadly virus story). He was auditioning a bunch of girls looking for one with the ‘Jill Valentine’ vibe. And if I have my story straight, I believe it was his wife Renee who looked me up and suggested he use the actual actor. We had a meeting and I loved the project and that’s where it all started.

Ben, are you a fan of the Resident Evil games? What about the movies starring Milla Jovovich, what do you think about them?
Ben Howdeshell: I'm a huge fan of the games. I've spent entire afternoons watching the cinematics and working my way through each of the stories. I also love the Resident Evil Films. The first set I ever visited was Resident Evil: Apocalypse, my first job in post production was on Resident Evil: Extinction and the first 3D film I did was Resident Evil: Afterlife.

Julia was the model face for the character Jill Valentine from the Resident Evil games. The main character from Project: S.E.R.A. is called Jill too. Is there a connection?
Ben Howdeshell: I'm a huge fan of Julia. She is an amazing actress and is able to commit to a moment so fully that everyone gets drawn in. There is a scene where she is sitting in a chair crying. The makeup artists, costume designer and Julia's mother were huddled around the playback monitors crying as they watched her do the scene. She has a way of connecting with the camera that is a true talent. Her full name in Project: S.E.R.A. is Gillian Eames, but I didn't like the way the "Gill" looked as a nickname so I kept it Jill.

Once again, Julia, you are playing a "Jill" character. How does Resident Evil's Jill relates to Project: S.E.R.A.'s Jill? Have one inspired the other?
Julia Voth: Jill Valentine is such an icon in the video game and movie worlds alike that there’s no way she didn’t inspire this Jill, and after all the original Jill was based on me. But the great thing about ‘Project S.E.R.A’ is that we were able to take that and run with it and create an entirely new story revolving around the themes and concepts of deadly viruses and zombies, all that stuff people love. And from there open it up into something completely new.

What kind of training or research did you have to make to be Jill on Project: S.E.R.A.? Any military training, or any research on the Resident Evil world?
Julia Voth: I’ve had fight training before for an action film I did called ‘Bitch Slap’, I also go to the shooting range in downtown LA whenever I can. But for this film I wanted it to be as real and natural as possible, Jill has been trained and molded since she was a young girl to do everything and more a soldier can do, and more. So I worked with a military trained weapons expert on proper techniques like entering and exiting a room, clearing a space etc. He was really happy with that we did so I hope it shows in the film.

Your work on the Resident Evil series was especially being the face of Jill Valentine for many years. This time you had to do all sorts of stuff: kill zombies and fight soldiers, so this time you could be Jill entirely. How was the experience?
Julia Voth: I remember sitting in that wooden chair in the middle of the warehouse and thinking to myself what a full circle moment it was, I felt truly blessed to be there. I was a 15 years old model in Japan when I did the job that lead to years of being associated to RE, and to be able to evolve and work at my career from that to what I’m able to do now I think is a great accomplishment. Jill has always held a warm place in my heart, not only for the fact its just plain cool being a character in a video game like this, but knowing it gave so many people hours of entertainment (and a few scares ;-)). So to finally bring her to life in my own way was so great, just the most amazing feeling.

Are you planning to create a sequel, Ben? In case you are, will Jill (Julia Voth) revenge the death of her father and perhaps we will be able to know more about her past?
Ben Howdeshell: I am planning on creating more of the story... I don't want to give anything away, but I can tell you that there will be a lot more action to come.

We have seen pictures of you two with Milla Jovovich. Did she watch Project: S.E.R.A.?
Ben Howdeshell: Yes, Milla and her husband Paul W.S. Anderson came to a screening I had for family, friends and crew. They both have been extremely supportive of me in my career and I was honored that they came to the screening.

What did Milla say about "your Jill", Julia?
Julia Voth: She loved it! She said I was hot n’ deadly and a total badass. I told her coming from the original hot n’ deadly that’s greatest compliment. Her and Paul were both very impressed and supportive of the whole thing. Milla has really helped pave the way for women in action films, she’s gorgeous and so good at what she does. She makes it look easy which I can tell you is anything but. We have a similar background; we both came from modeling so I’m definitely very inspired by her.

Do you think Project: S.E.R.A. could somehow open doors for more Resident Evil spin-off content or even an invitation for you to play a role in the movies franchise someday?
Julia Voth: Its already opened doors for all of us, people noticed it because everyone involved put 150% in and it shows. I would love for it to turn into its own movie/series, it would be a wild trip to explore her more and create more of my version of Jill on screen. But you know, to be in a franchise that’s been part of my life for a long time would really be a dream come true, either way I think we have something really special here and something amazing will happen to it, I just know it.

projectsera_juliavoth.jpg

BONUS+
Julia’s latest installment to the award winning action-thriller series, Project SERA, is set to Premiere on IGN’s Youtube channel, ‘START‘, on January 13, 2013.

HERE'S THE SHORT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
If they gave Jill back her Julia Voth face, I might actually like her again, right now I don't care if she never shows up in RE again with that ripped off Lara Croft face.

Eddges

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company
If they gave Jill back her Julia Voth face, I might actually like her again, right now I don't care if she never shows up in RE again with that ripped off Lara Croft face.
I know right? but maybe is because of the ****tier graphics of the 3DS you know... Because today I saw she went to the Resident Evil Retribution premier aswell to the Resident Evil 6 premier so I don't think they're contract is dead at all.

Top Bottom