• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Jill's back!

Jill_is_my_Valentine

resident-evil-3-jill-1575989786055.jpg

Jill's back!

With her short hair and blue color scheme!

I'm very excited for the remake, whose with me?

D

Deleted member 21244

resident-evil-3-jill-1575989786055.jpg

Jill's back!

With her short hair and blue color scheme!

I'm very excited for the remake, whose with me?
Definitely whit you, since Jill is one of my favorite chacter in the series and I still think that she didn't get the game she deserves since re 3 nemesis came out, so I'm really happy to see her again In 3 remake and I hope to see her again maybe in re 8

D

Deleted member 21244

It's been ages since we saw Jill. I'm glad RE3make brings her back. Although, I still want to see her post-RE5. :cry:
Yeah I want to see her after re 5, since re 5 for me didn't give her the respect she deserve

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Yeah I want to see her after re 5, since re 5 for me didn't give her the respect she deserve
Yeah, don't remind me of that. It still pains me how Jill didn't actively participated in taking down Wesker. Allowing only Sheva and Chris to do that was a big injustice to Jill if you consider that Wesker made her life a living hell for 3 years: being Wesker's slave while being aware of it the whole time, basically being trapped in your own body which is truly a nightmare. I hope that RE3make will do her justice and games that will star her as main protag.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yeah, don't remind me of that. It still pains me how Jill didn't actively participated in taking down Wesker. Allowing only Sheva and Chris to do that was a big injustice to Jill if you consider that Wesker made her life a living hell for 3 years: being Wesker's slave while being aware of it the whole time, basically being trapped in your own body which is truly a nightmare. I hope that RE3make will do her justice and games that will star her as main protag.
Yeah... I would have actually preferred to have Jill as Chris partner in resident evil 5 instead of sheva, it should have been Chris and Jill main game just like resident evil 1

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I fully believe based on the early trailers for RE5 was that the original version of RE5 was where Chris went on a one man mission into Kijuju to save Jill leading to a climatic one on one duel with Wesker while Jill provided support during the final fight in the volcano.
Chris' infamous bolder punching would have been much more believable if he was doing it to save Jill instead of Sheva.
Plus it could have made for a much cooler fight between Chris and Wesker rather than Chris getting his ass handed to him every single time.
I mean every time I watch RE Vendetta and see the Chris vs Arias fights, I just think "This coulda been Chris vs Wesker in RE5".

Sadly RE5 is a victim of SJW outrage way before it became the serious plague it is today and it hurt the overall game very badly by scaring Capcom into changing the game out of fear of being labeled racists.

Unfortunately I think Jill's place in the ongoing RE Canon is pretty much done, her arc along with Chris' ended with the death of Wesker, I mean Capcom was even planning on killing Chris off in RE6 before deciding against it showing they don't really know what to do with him at this point.

I doubt they'll know what to do with a 42+ year old Jill Valentine.

D

Deleted member 21244

I fully believe based on the early trailers for RE5 was that the original version of RE5 was where Chris went on a one man mission into Kijuju to save Jill leading to a climatic one on one duel with Wesker while Jill provided support during the final fight in the volcano.
Chris' infamous bolder punching would have been much more believable if he was doing it to save Jill instead of Sheva.
Plus it could have made for a much cooler fight between Chris and Wesker rather than Chris getting his ass handed to him every single time.
I mean every time I watch RE Vendetta and see the Chris vs Arias fights, I just think "This coulda been Chris vs Wesker in RE5".

Sadly RE5 is a victim of SJW outrage way before it became the serious plague it is today and it hurt the overall game very badly by scaring Capcom into changing the game out of fear of being labeled racists.

Unfortunately I think Jill's place in the ongoing RE Canon is pretty much done, her arc along with Chris' ended with the death of Wesker, I mean Capcom was even planning on killing Chris off in RE6 before deciding against it showing they don't really know what to do with him at this point.

According to resident evil 5 artbook resident evil 5 was originally completely different and Jill had a more prominent role

here you can read how resident evil 5 was originally going to be if you are interest
https://www.relyonhorror.com/in-depth/resident-evil-5-beta-4-5-information-lost-scrapped-concepts/

Jill_is_my_Valentine

I think Sheva is a cool addition that they did nothing with. And I honestly doubt they implemented full co-op and the partner mechanics late in the game. It was probably always there: just held back so we didn’t know.

The reason the baton didn’t get past from Sheeva to Jill is most likely because they didn’t want to have whoever was playing Sheva swap to a new character for the final mission. It wouldn’t have been mechanically different, but story wise they probably wanted to keep Sheva for the final encounter.

I don’t think Chris punching through a Boulder makes sense in any context other than the Resident Evil series has always kind of been a B-movie horror deal.

Also, speaking as a SJW, it would have been kind of problematic to see too white people shooting up an African country. BUT in this case the context isn’t war or anything like that. The context is trying to stop an infection. Not really problematic when you look at the context. Sure, there would have been some knee jerk reactions, but ultimately probably not big deal. Honestly though, Resident Evil probably could use more minority characters. RE6 already forced in new, disposable characters so they could actually put some effort into something new if they wanted.

Also: Jill is roughly the same age as Chris, and he’s still kicking around fighting zombies. She’s probably doing the same. Maybe they should have Chris and Jill team up under New Umbrella and fight some new threat. Or finally give us the Leon and Christ or Claire and Jill team up. They could also give us new characters, but they’d have to be good to draw much attention

N7Valentine

I don't think Jill's age is a huge problem. If they have problem with her appearance being older, they can keep young her because Wesker did experiments on her?

I don't think they're done with Jill because Revelations 2 give us an Email from her to Barry which confirms that she's still alive and will be kicking ass once she can leave the lab. Chris is easier to utilize because they play with him the "Typical Action Hero" card, hence they use him often but how can they bring Jill back without acknowledging her story from RE5? I mean they completely ditched Chris' whole trauma story from RE6 and pretended like it never happened. With Jill they cannot do that.

I don't hate Sheva but it shouldn't be her who was taking down Wesker with Chris since she never had a beef with him going on, unlike Jill. That's probably the biggest bull**** I've ever seen in video gaming. That's why I think RE5 played Jill dirty

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Also: Jill is roughly the same age as Chris, and he’s still kicking around fighting zombies. She’s probably doing the same. Maybe they should have Chris and Jill team up under New Umbrella and fight some new threat. Or finally give us the Leon and Christ or Claire and Jill team up. They could also give us new characters, but they’d have to be good to draw much attention
Jill and Leon Tag Team is all I've wanted out of Resident Evil since RE4, and I still haven't gotten it T-T

xMobilemux

I maintain that the one unfinished Story Arc from the original Resident Evil timeline is Ada Wong.

We still know f**k all about Ada, where she comes from, what her ultimate goal is, whether Ada Wong is her real name and her relationship with Leon, I wanna see that storyline wrapped up before Capcom gets deep into the new post-RE7 timeline more than I wanna see a 42+ year old PTSD stricken Jill Valentine return for a meaningless story.

Plus Jill Valentine has often been cited as "The Goddess of RE" so bringing her back as a withered 42+ year old would hurt her popularity, it's different with Chris as men look cooler, gruffer and more badass with age while women unfortunately aren't so lucky, especially when it comes to the lovely ladies of Resident Evil who are well known for their beauty and sexiness.

Capcom seems to be afraid of showing age on leading ladies as well since Lady from DMC5 caused some confusion among fans regarding her age.

Jill_is_my_Valentine

I don't think Jill's age is a huge problem. If they have problem with her appearance being older, they can keep her because Wesker did experiments on her?

I don't think they're done with Jill because Revelations 2 give us an Email from her to Barry which confirms that she's still alive and will be kicking ass once she can leave the lab. Chris is easier to utilize because they play with him the "Typical Action Hero" card, hence they use him often but how can they bring Jill back without acknowledging her story from RE5? I mean they completely ditched Chris' whole trauma story from RE6 and pretend like it never happened. With Jill they cannot do that.

I don't hate Sheva but it shouldn't be her who was taking down Wesker with Chris since she never had a beef with him going on, unlike Jill. That's probably the biggest bull**** in history I've ever seen in history. That's why I think RE5 played Jill dirty

Exactly that. But there’s a really good story there with Jill dealing with that trauma. Sounds perfect for a horror game. I’d play the hell out of it

N7Valentine

I maintain that the one unfinished Story Arc from the original Resident Evil timeline is Ada Wong.

We still know f**k all about Ada, where she comes from, what her ultimate goal is, whether Ada Wong is her real name and her relationship with Leon, I wanna see that storyline wrapped up before Capcom gets deep into the new post-RE7 timeline more than I wanna see a 42+ year old PTSD stricken Jill Valentine return for a meaningless story.

Plus Jill Valentine has often been cited as "The Goddess of RE" so bringing her back as a withered 42+ year old would hurt her popularity, it's different with Chris as men look cooler, gruffer and more badass with age while women unfortunately aren't so lucky, especially when it comes to the lovely ladies of Resident Evil who are well known for their beauty and sexiness.

Capcom seems to be afraid of showing age on leading ladies as well since Lady from DMC5 caused some confusion among fans regarding her age.
Ada Wong is another character I'd like to explore. I just think they want to keep her mysterious because that's part of her charm.

Jill's generally an icon in video gaming. People immediately recognize her just as Leon. Surprisingly it's Chris, a dude, who's more known for his looks (being muscular af and people wanting him to be gay lol) than Jill .
I think Jill's popularity doesn't come strictly from her looks but how she is a kickass fighter in a horror franchise and not a damsel. I'd put her on the same level as Ellen Ripley/Sarah Connor and even Lara Croft.
Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton weren't exactly young either when they reprised their respective roles in movies, so I don't think age is such a big issue, well maybe except in Japan, where they view any woman past her 30's as a granny.

Like I said, if Capcom's afraid to bring Jill back due to her age, they can always use an excuse for keeping her youthful appearance, which is a common practice in Japan (see Parasite Eve's Aya Brea).

Exactly that. But there’s a really good story there with Jill dealing with that trauma. Sounds perfect for a horror game. I’d play the hell out of it
Way more than with Chris in 6. I mean, how am I supposed to care for Chris loosing another team for the milionth time? Jill being used against her will, enduring the horror of being trapped in her own body sounds way more interesting as concept than mourning the death of some one-shot teammates lol Besides, that way they can bring us Wesker back via flashbacks

Jill and Leon Tag Team is all I've wanted out of Resident Evil since RE4, and I still haven't gotten it T-T
It'd be nice. Leon and Jill team up is something I'd like to see as well. We've seen Jill mostly with Chris but it's to for Jill to interact/cooperate with other characters like Leon or Claire

xMobilemux

Ada Wong is another character I'd like to explore. I just think they want to keep her mysterious because that's part of her charm.

Jill's generally an icon in video gaming. People immediately recognize her just as Leon. Surprisingly it's Chris, a dude, who's more known for his looks (being muscular af and people wanting him to be gay lol) than Jill .
I think Jill's popularity doesn't come strictly from her looks but how she is a kickass fighter in a horror franchise and not a damsel. I'd put her on the same level as Ellen Ripley/Sarah Connor and even Lara Croft.
Sigourney Weaver and Linda Hamilton weren't exactly young either when they reprised their respective roles in movies, so I don't think age is such a big issue, well maybe except in Japan, where they view any woman past her 30's as a granny.

Like I said, if Capcom's afraid to bring Jill back due to her age, they can always use an excuse for keeping her youthful appearance, which is a common practice in Japan (see Parasite Eve's Aya Brea).
Jill is only recognizable due to her outfits and Julia Voth face, both of which are gone in favor of a generic outfit and basic face.

In fact, now that I think about it, she is getting the EXACT same treatment Chris got in RE7.

A basic face and generic outfit compared to past iterations:
latest

Jill_Valentine_Resident_Evil_3_Remake_default_outfit.png
jill_valentine___resident_evil_hd_render_by_yukizm-d9tz1s1.png

Put Chris in his helmet next to every other Blue Umbrella soldier and good luck spotting him in a group.

Show new Lara Croft and new Jill Valentine to non gamers and they'll think she's the same person.

Last edited:

Jill_is_my_Valentine

I am excited to see Jill back and I think the new actress looks like a modern Jill. I get the complaints about the generic outfit, but it makes more sense than her original costumer so that is a PLUS for me!

yeah for sure, it fits the realistic tone very well.

Jill is only recognizable due to her outfits and Julia Voth face, both of which are gone in favor of a generic outfit and basic face.

In fact, now that I think about it, she is getting the EXACT same treatment Chris got in RE7.

A basic face and generic outfit compared to past iterations:
latest

Jill_Valentine_Resident_Evil_3_Remake_default_outfit.png
jill_valentine___resident_evil_hd_render_by_yukizm-d9tz1s1.png

Put Chris in his helmet next to every other Blue Umbrella soldier and good luck spotting him in a group.

Show new Lara Croft and new Jill Valentine to non gamers and they'll think she's the same person.

I see what your saying, but I think it’s done to match to new actors filling the role. They want to get the most out of that mo-cap. I don’t think Lara and Jill look similar beyond brown hair and blue color scheme. The new Lara has gotten a modern updating of her old look, long hair, and the like. They’ve even given her a bomber jacket in a few outfits as a nod to older outfits. Besides, modern Lara has signature weapons to accompany her now. Granted, I still miss her duel wielding pistols. But that’s a debate for another day.

Jill has a different face, outfit, demeanor, weapon set, and hell even a different shade of blue. Here’s modern Lara for reference.

WCCFshadowofthetombraider15-740x429.jpg

N7Valentine

I understand the complaints about Jill's look but honestly, face-wise she looks like a modernized version of in-game RE3 Jill. As a Jill fan, I immediately loved her new face, sure she ain't no Julia Voth but it was obvious that Capcom wouldn't reuse her likeness. Her outfit does indeed remind me of Lara but it makes more sense this time since Capcom aims for realism. A tube top and miniskirt, although quite iconic, simply don't fit the tone.

Jill's worst incarnations were Revelations and Operation Raccoon City. Anyway, Chris had, in my humble opinion, the worst make over.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
People had complaints about every character makeover... except maybe Leon and Ada. But the ones about Chris are pretty accurate. lol

Top Bottom