• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil (2002) / HD Remaster (2015) Jill Campaign Can Break The Game

Murrdogg93

Recently, I replayed remake for about the 20th time. I was playing as Jill & chose to give Barry his gun. He decided to not shoot very often, which led to Lisa knocking him off, to his death.

I didn't think it would affect anything since I picked the good ending option. Also I had this happen with Chris & Wesker, where Wesker fell to his supposed death & was fine after that when confronting him in the lab.

Now as Jill, the Wesker confrontation scene played out as if I chose the bad ending. But because I chose the good ending, it didn't spawn Wesker's key to be able to leave. It also wouldn't let me free Chris. I was completely locked away from progression.

So just a warning, if you're playing as Jill, and you give Barry his gun, and he dies, you need to reload your save or it is actually impossible to finish the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

Recently, I replayed remake for about the 20th time. I was playing as Jill & chose to give Barry his gun. He decided to not shoot very often, which led to Lisa knocking him off, to his death.

I didn't think it would affect anything since I picked the good ending option. Also I had this happen with Chris & Wesker, where Wesker fell to his supposed death & was fine after that when confronting him in the lab.

Now as Jill, the Wesker confrontation scene played out as if I chose the bad ending. But because I chose the good ending, it didn't spawn Wesker's key to be able to leave. It also wouldn't let me free Chris. I was completely locked away from progression.

So just a warning, if you're playing as Jill, and you give Barry his gun, and he dies, you need to reload your save or it is actually impossible to finish the game.
There is no Wesker key, you have to open the door from the computer in the laboratory after you beat the tyrant

I let Barry die sometime but i still finished the game, you can also save Chris

Also Weskee can't die since he had to be in the endgame part, that why when he fall at the hand of lisa Trevor he is still alive, he survived, he had to...

Barry instead die if he fall and it deliver another ending, you were probably stuck in Wesker room because you have to open the door via the computer and you didn't, wesker didn't drop any key in the remake, you must open the door from the computer

Last edited by a moderator:

Murrdogg93

There is no Wesker key, you have to open the door from the computer in the laboratory after you beat the tyrant

I let Barry die sometime but i still finished the game, you can also save Chris

Also Weskee can't die since he had to be in the endgame part, that why when he fall at the hand of lisa Trevor he is still alive, he survived, he had to...

Barry instead die if he fall and it deliver another ending, you were probably stuck in Wesker room because you have to open the door via the computer and you didn't, wesker didn't drop any key in the remake, you must open the door from the computer
First thing I did was try the computer. It wouldn't unlock anything because there wasn't any self destruct sequence happening. That only happens if Barry lives. If Barry dies by keeping his gun, Wesker is supposed to have an emergency key of some sort on his body to leave without the lab being destroyed. But that didn't work.

https://www.evilresource.com/resident-evil-remake/items#!master-key

Master Key is supposed to spawn in the bad ending sequence, where Barry dies in a cutscene. But because I didn't choose that sequence, the game didn't spawn it.

Barry didn't die in a cutscene. He died in gameplay while I was pushing the stones after I already chose the good ending route. But because he died, the Wesker cutscene played out as if Barry died. Then, I defeated Tyrant in the lab. I went to the computer, and it wouldn't activate anything because there wasn't any emergency going on.

The game's programming couldn't figure out what to do since I chose the good ending, but Barry died in gameplay, so no self destruct emergency sequence could occur, but the bad ending finale couldn't trigger either because I didn't choose it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

First thing I did was try the computer. It wouldn't unlock anything because there wasn't any self destruct sequence happening. That only happens if Barry lives. If Barry dies by keeping his gun, Wesker is supposed to have an emergency key of some sort on his body to leave without the lab being destroyed. But that didn't work.

https://www.evilresource.com/resident-evil-remake/items#!master-key

Master Key is supposed to spawn in the bad ending sequence, where Barry dies in a cutscene. But because I didn't choose that sequence, the game didn't spawn it.

Barry didn't die in a cutscene. He died in gameplay while I was pushing the stones after I already chose the good ending route. But because he died, the Wesker cutscene played out as if Barry died. Then, I defeated Tyrant in the lab. I went to the computer, and it wouldn't activate anything because there wasn't any emergency going on.

The game's programming couldn't figure out what to do since I chose the good ending, but Barry died in gameplay, so no self destruct emergency sequence could occur, but the bad ending finale couldn't trigger either because I didn't choose it.
Strange, this never happened to me, Barry can die in gameplay i guess

Murrdogg93

Strange, this never happened to me, Barry can die in gameplay i guess
Yes he can. Because he can also die on the helipad to Tyrant if you don't shoot Tyrant enough, which changes the ending you get.

There are 6 endings you can get each for Chris & Jill.

1. Save Chris/Jill & Rebecca/Barry survive to the end.
2. Save Chris/Jill, but Rebecca/Barry die at the helipad in the end.
3. Rebecca/Barry survives, but don't save Chris/Jill.
4. Don't save Chris/Jill, and Rebecca/Barry die on the helipad.
5. Rebecca/Barry die, but save Chris/Jill.
6. Rebecca/Barry die, and you don't save Chris/Jill.

Endings 1 through 4 destroy the Mansion. Endings 5 and 6 don't destroy the Mansion & Tyrant lives.

The game allowing the partner to take damage & die during Lisa's crypt is what leads to this error. It's an oversight that Shinji Mikami & his team probably didn't think about since Barry probably shot a lot at Lisa to avoid death in play testing. But their programming does lead to a genuine game breaking design flaw. I haven't played the game since.

Last edited:

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I don't remember this happening in any of my remake play throughs either. I might have to try to recreate these results. I need to beat the game as Chris first though so I can get the trophies on his half of the game.

D

Deleted member 21244

Yes he can. Because he can also die on the helipad to Tyrant if you don't shoot Tyrant enough, which changes the ending you get.

There are 6 endings you can get each for Chris & Jill.

1. Save Chris/Jill & Rebecca/Barry survive to the end.
2. Save Chris/Jill, but Rebecca/Barry die at the helipad in the end.
3. Rebecca/Barry survives, but don't save Chris/Jill.
4. Don't save Chris/Jill, and Rebecca/Barry die on the helipad.
5. Rebecca/Barry die, but save Chris/Jill.
6. Rebecca/Barry die, and you don't save Chris/Jill.

Endings 1 through 4 destroy the Mansion. Endings 5 and 6 don't destroy the Mansion & Tyrant lives.

The game allowing the partner to take damage & die during Lisa's crypt is what leads to this error. It's an oversight that Shinji Mikami & his team probably didn't think about since Barry probably shot a lot at Lisa to avoid death in play testing. But their programming does lead to a genuine game breaking design flaw. I haven't played the game since.
Barry can die during lisa fight if she knock him out during the battle, it's not an error can happen
Barry die if you choose to not give him the gun, or if you give him the gun but lisa knock him out during the batte, he can also die at the hands of the tyrant

Its not a flaw

But it's strange that you can't progress
So wesker didn't leave any master key and you can't unlock the lab door via computer
Strange

Try to go to the computer again the one at the end of the room

Murrdogg93

Barry can die during lisa fight if she knock him out during the battle, it's not an error can happen
Barry die if you choose to not give him the gun, or if you give him the gun but lisa knock him out during the batte, he can also die at the hands of the tyrant

Its not a flaw

But it's strange that you can't progress
So wesker didn't leave any master key and you can't unlock the lab door via computer
Strange

Try to go to the computer again the one at the end of the room
Ok, now the Master Key shows up very noticeably. Before it didn't have any shiny glint of any kind. Before there was no master key there.

Last edited:

1995umk3

I tried saving Chris on my previous playthrough days ago and it wouldn't let me open the door. After reading things here I learned something about the game.

I was too much of a wuss to help Barry... I thought he was gonna handle it so I wen't up the ladder and waited. The ending I got was bad and I didn't fight Tyrant a second time.

My second run will be better now that I read stuff here.

Top Bottom