• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

It goes a bit beyond just "****ing him off"

Mr Sunshine

Two weeks ago. 2:23 am( Just a specific random time to sound cooler. It was indeed after midnight though! :p ). I'm forced to have a full playthrough of RE 5 not on professional becuase I'm using a new profile. I'm already at the shipdeck descending those annoying seemingly-endless stares. Chris and Sheva are having one of those pointless conversations again until something catches my attention. The dialogue goes like this:

Sheva: harder... harder....
Sheva: huge tank. won't be easy to find Wekser
Chris: dont worry. he will find us once he find out we are here
[.....]
Sheva: You must have done something to really **** him off.
Chris: It goes beyond just "****ing him off"

I suddenly find out that all these years and after completing RE 5 I still dont know why Wesker hates Chris so much! Really? Where does RE 5 stand on historically wise?

I started playing Code Veronica two days ago for the first time hoping to get some answers -after all it was that game that introduced the rivalry between Chris and Wesker- only to find out that there aren't any...(at least on the first half of the game) and i'll tell you why

I'm about to enter the palace. Wesker is waiting for me at the central door. He doesn't say why. He just yells that he hates Chris and that he wants to kill him for no apparent reason. Wtf?

I google wesker's report asap in a desparate effort to understand what's going on. Somewhere, while declaiming the events of RE 1, it reads:

I lost the Tyrant and the plan I devised which cost me my humanity ended in failure. Now anything and anyone who stood in my way would be terminated. It's been that way for a long time and it always will be. At all costs, I had to make S.T.A.R.S pay.

Is that it? It's not enough for screaming "CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSS" like a psycho in RE 5 and on top of that there other S.T.A.R.S members who ruined Wesker's plans in RE 5.. not only Chris. Now, i know that the report is obsolete. So, maybe am I missing something else? Because if i'm not, it seems to me that RE 5's story is a bit unstable... any ideas? Bruno?

PS, The bottom line of this story is: RE 5 (story) sucks, stick to the originals, bring back the zombies, i hate ashley, they don't create horror these days, FUUU CAPCOM!!! Bahahahaha!

Good night

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Wesker hates Chris for all the things in RE1, plus in CVX Chris kills Alexia, forcing Wesker to take Steve's body as a source for the Veronica virus, but it was dead tissue (That could be wrong, but i remember reading something to that effect) then in RE5 Chris is trying to stop Wesker...Also, Umbrella Chronicles talks a lot about it in the Umbrella's End scenario, but I don't remember what all is said...Either way, Wesker see's Chris as a threat to all his plans to come, but is too cocky and self absorbed to admit it...

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
I believe it's pretty obvious why Wesker hates Chris.

You should not forget the fact that Wesker was infinitely arrogant and had a superiority complex. Things which led to his downfall. Had he been more focused on his agenda, he could've killed both Chris and Jill at Spencer's mansion in Europe instead of toying around with them. Just shows that despite the big chunk of superhuman abilities he possesed, his human weaknesses were the ones that got him killed, ironically.

Chris foiled his plans at the Raccoon City mansion, Rockfort Island and finally in Africa with the Uroboros plan. It was probably too late to realize the stupidity of his actions, but Wesker's desperate yell at Chris while dying in the lava was probably just that - the realization he could've solved his problems years ago.

Mr Sunshine

Ok, I can see how there's enough back-up story in the end of RE 5 to justify Wesker's reaction, but still that cutscene outside the palace in CV(where Wesker slaps Claire) seems quite weird to me.. In fact It's more obvious to me why Chris should hate Wesker after RE 1 rather than the opposite.

Because Wesker is the one who sends both Alpha and Bravo team into a death trap, he is the one who betrays them killing both partners and friends of Chris, manipulating Barry e.t.c and yet he is the one that comes to Rockfort island claiming that he despites Chris for what? For unintentionally spoiling his plan(dont' forget: along with other S.T.A.R.S members) because he wanted to survive! That's how a comic book villain would respond not an adult! Oh I'm asking too much from a game -.-

Albert Valentine

Alluring Evil
Ok, I can see how there's enough back-up story in the end of RE 5 to justify Wesker's reaction, but still that cutscene outside the palace in CV(where Wesker slaps Claire) seems quite weird to me.. In fact It's more obvious to me why Chris should hate Wesker after RE 1 rather than the opposite.

Because Wesker is the one who sends both Alpha and Bravo team into a death trap, he is the one who betrays them killing both partners and friends of Chris, manipulating Barry e.t.c and yet he is the one that comes to Rockfort island claiming that he despites Chris for what? For unintentionally spoiling his plan(dont' forget: along with other S.T.A.R.S members) because he wanted to survive! That's how a comic book villain would respond not an adult! Oh I'm asking too much from a game -.-

Ha ha ha ha, not at all my friend.

Formerly, during his activity in S.T.A.R.S., Chris presented a great respect for the team's leader, Albert Wesker, who also considers Chris as his best team member. However, since Chris ruined, or at least delayed the plans of Wesker's at the mansion, a powerful grudge formed between them. Their confrontations thereafter are always intense and violent.

Well, it seems here's a very reasonable explanation. Respect-turned-hate.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

For me, that's the greatest thing about Wesker, you gradually see him change from human to megalomaniac comic book villian...

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.

He wants to make Chris pay, he wants to take away everything he loves. The only thing he loves is winning, and the only thing he hates more than chris is losing. He wanted to kill Clair at the end of CVX, but when Chris told wesker to take him instead, Wesker jumped at the opportunity. He was taking his anger out on Clair because chris was absent at the time. in REDC, he says "Chris's little sister" with extreme resentment and hatred.
In other words he hates Chris and his loved ones with a hate that burns deep into his sould in an all consuming fire.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
... this is just too easy for me...
hurrplz.png

bruno

Chief Researcher
This is all a bit hipotetical, but imagine this:

I guess that, if Chris scenario is cannon in RE1, then Chris was the one who defeated the Tyrant in the culture room. Wesker woke up, expecting to see Chris dead and recover the Tyrant, but he finds the Tyrant appearently dead (No time to double-check, he had to run away from the facility), and worse: he couldn't have access to it's combat data (Sergei blocked Wesker's account and transfered all the info to the UMF-013), though he successfully stole some research data.
The death of the Tyrant, Chris being alive (and knowing he was a traitor to both the RPD and Umbrella), made him fear for his future.
He entered "The 3rd Organization", but they were ****ed because of the loss of the Tyrant and the lack of data. He had to deliver them the G virus so they could trust him.

Then, in Code Veronica, he joined the HFC to attack Rockfort Island and recover the Veronica virus. Who does he see there lurking around? Chris' sister.
(SPOILERS)
However, he takes advantage of her to retrieve Alexia's position. Just after Claire left, he finds Chris. He's ****ed from the Arklay events and tries to kill him, but with no success. Chris destroy's Alexia's body, containing the only known sample of the Veronica virus. However, he's lucky to find Steve's corpse, from which he successfully got a sample. When he was trying to kill Chris and Claire at the end of the game, Chris managed to get Wesker's face badly burnt and got away.
(END OF SPOILERS)

He tries to retrieve the Hunter Delta models and development data from the Caucasus village, but Chris and Jill caused an explosion which destroyed all the hunters and the data.

Then he moved to the Umbrella Facility in Caucasus, but yet again, Chris and Jill showed up. He had to avoid them so everything would go according to his plans. Actually, Chris and Jill helped distracting Sergei.

When Wesker finally manages to find Spencer, after killing him and while planning what to do next... Chris and Jill show up again.

I Think Wesker had motives to hate Chris...

Top Bottom