• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Issue with weapons/inventory when loading into NG+ 4?

Lord Dharma

Wondering if anyone else is running into this issue - just completed my third playthrough, 1st was on standard, 2nd was on hardcore and 3rd was on village of shadows. I’m playing on PS5. When i load my end game save data from the complete 3rd game, my weapons are gone / inventory is reset when i first step foot in the village. Upon reaching the merchant, all my weapons are for sale again, and have been reset to basic upgrades. Mind you, I have infinite ammo unlocked for the S.T.A.K.E., GM79, WCX, and the W870 TAC. However, I still have all my lei and recipes. Not sure, but what if Capcom programmed your weapons to reset after three completed games? Any insight would be much appreciated, I want to do a casual speedrun for playthrough 4 with the same weapons I’ve accumulated.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Wondering if anyone else is running into this issue - just completed my third playthrough, 1st was on standard, 2nd was on hardcore and 3rd was on village of shadows. I’m playing on PS5. When i load my end game save data from the complete 3rd game, my weapons are gone / inventory is reset when i first step foot in the village. Upon reaching the merchant, all my weapons are for sale again, and have been reset to basic upgrades. Mind you, I have infinite ammo unlocked for the S.T.A.K.E., GM79, WCX, and the W870 TAC. However, I still have all my lei and recipes. Not sure, but what if Capcom programmed your weapons to reset after three completed games? Any insight would be much appreciated, I want to do a casual speedrun for playthrough 4 with the same weapons I’ve accumulated.
I'm not sure about PS5, but I play on PS4. I have beaten the game 7 or 8 times (can't remember tbh) and I've always used the same file. I've always had my inventory and money. I know there were a couple times I accidentally loaded the wrong save and had to reload the right one, not saying you did this but I know I have in the past... so I know at least for the PS4, there is no failsafe that stops you on the 4th playthrough. It may be a PS5 glitch or you may have accidentally loaded the wrong file. Not sure what the issue could be.

Top Bottom