• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Is this game any good?

SpazHazard

Eatin' Octoroks since '94.
Premium
I have a $#@!load of money I can spend at the moment, and I'm thinking of buying this. But is it worth the money?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
No one can tell you that; it was worth it for me but not for everyone - that's really a personal choice. In my opinion, you should watch some game-play, not enough to spoil things for you but enough to get the feel of the game, and make your own deductions from that. Worst case scenario, you head to a GameStop and trade it in/sell it.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
In my opinion you should get it.... but just know....This is ACTION...And I dont mean RE5 action... I mean medal of honor/Battlefeild/CoD action....

zombinater007

It all depends on what you think. I mean in my opinion i liked it and thought that the game was underrated but I would say unless you have played alot of resident evil games then you would like this game

SpazHazard

Eatin' Octoroks since '94.
Premium
Well, I took you guys advice and watched some gameplay footage... how the hell is that considered Resident Evil?! A pile of Hunter poop is more like Resident Evil then that game!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well, I took you guys advice and watched some gameplay footage... how the hell is that considered Resident Evil?! A pile of Hunter poop is more like Resident Evil then that game!
Does that mean your gonna get it?

Also do you have XBL?

Moh'd tahavic

I think you will enjoy playing versus matches

with resident evil 6 coming out i guess you might not have time to play it and the most of the fans also will be busy with RE6

so the online gonna be empty for a while or forever ..

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
I think its an amazing game, but Online Versus can be too much, as in 'people who use anyway possible to win' ie. N00b Tubes, Neutralize, and Run. Other than that its a great Co-Op title to have.

zombinater007

and the DLC co-op missions where you play as Spec-Ops are fun too. Its like Umbrella's campaign but your shooting Umbrella forces and its a good challenge. Died like 6 times fighting nemesis since the bots like to stand around in areas that you arent supposed to lure the nemesis to

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
I'm thinking of getting this game myself, mostly because of fact you play on Umbrellas side. I'm willing to spend $20 bucks on it now, I didn't want to pay full price when it first came out.

Kratoz7

I didn't have a horrible time playing the 4 player Co Op but just 20 minutes into single player just killed it for me

BeardedBushMan

I've always wanted to try this out, but have heard so many mixed reviews and opinions on it (mostly negative). Meh, maybe one day I'll pick it up and just hope for online activity still!

HappyLeech

Queen of the tl;dr
I enjoyed it...but I made the mistake of buying it right when it came out XC If you can get it for $20, then that's probably what the game is worth. But yeah, if anything I really liked the characters, even if I view it as a weird alt universe version of RE2/3 haha.
I think it's okay to play alone, but it's much better if you can play it with other people...it can get hellish without someone else to play with >.>
(And I haven't really tested the online modes out. I tried, but I got stuck into a round that was about to finish with no directions so I exited and played something else XD)

It's pretty ok. For a really big Resident Evil fan that has the ability to look past alot of the flaws in a game it's really not that bad. Imo it was alot of lost potensial in this game. But it's still worth getting now when it's really cheap. People still play and it's really great with friends.

Top Bottom