• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Mercenaries 3D Is this game any good.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I was wondering because I might get this game when I get a 3ds but I would like to know if its any good first. Like hows the multiplayer is their any lag if you play it co op.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
Yes, it provides excellent fun and it feels like a console game. I recommend this game to anyone.

CapcomGirl

Yo bine de Kombate Mortal
I'm thinking about getting this game too.The Game Informer gave it a score of 8 out of 10.(Don't worry, an 8 isn't a low score.) And I can't wait to get Revelations!:D

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I like the game; I bought it and OOT 3D and play both pretty much equally. As stated before, it can be difficult to connect online but there generally arent problems with lag. The gameplay and graphics are good and they have little tutorials to start. I would recommend it.

Some Nights

No Shape
The game was really fun as long as you didn't do two things. 1. Expect a full game experience. 2. Buy it used. I say these things because the game is pretty much an expanded version of the Mercenaries mode from Resident Evil 5. There is no story or anything else that may give the feeling of a whole new experience. I brought up the used issue because there is no way to delete your saved data. If you buy a used copy and the person who owned it previously beat the game completely there is no way for you to start from the beginning. This isn't a big deal to some people but if you're someone who likes to do things for themselves it can be irritating. I can't really talk about Multiplayer because I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

Carter478

It's a pretty awesome game. It has a few flaws and i wish the voice acting was better for it when the characters say thanks and c'mon it feels weak. Its a great addictive game though and its just fun playing it and getting head shot after head shot. It used to be hard getting online and i would always get errors but i think they fixed that cause now it works fine. I just need some friends on the 3Ds who can play it with me lol

Lizzy

I love this game! The gameplay is fantastic and the melee attacks and upgrades are brilliant, it provides lots of fun for many hours. The only downside is that there are no leaderboards which would bring in a better competitive element.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I was wondering because I might get this game when I get a 3ds but I would like to know if its any good first. Like hows the multiplayer is their any lag if you play it co op.
It's really good I think. Wish there was a better character selection, like more. I'm still hoping to get Bird Mask Jill one day...

Otherwise it plays super nice. The controls are perfect, just like RER. Having a 3DS seems so worth it with RER and Mercs3D.

I've played multiplayer and it can run pretty smooth. I haven't done a run in a good while though.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I play REM usually when I'm on trips. On average, it takes me half an hour per round.
The multiplayer is good, however it takes a long time to connectto the internet and keeps getting errors on my 3DS. Once it's online, its alright.
I overall love the game and recommend it to anyone.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I'd say its decent, but I think it should be a downloadable game since you cant delete your save file.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I don't think there is a need for save files, due to the ability to choose the levels you require and the characters/weapons/power ups.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
One other thing. After playing RE: Revelations, the controls on the Mercenaries seem much harder.
Yeah I agree. RER just plays more smooth I think. And after playing RE6, RER and Mercs3D are harder to go back to.

But anyway, the reason I've come into this thread is because I was playing Mercs3D online earlier, which I haven't done in a longgg time. Maybe almost a year. I did some really kickass runs with random people, then played with a buddy of mine.

I was BSAA Jill, I've really started to like using her in that game. Before I would use Krauser typically, and sometimes HUNK, but it's pretty much just Jill right now. I like her machine gun and shotgun combo actually. Even though I usually prefer a pistol. Then she's got a knife, and the electricity perk makes her melee's really effective too.

My highest score was a 400K run on the level with the magma. I also got 200K and 300K scores on other levels like The Mines, Public Assembly, and the Village.

Very fun! Combos over 100! A bit laggy at times, and it's really hard to get a game started sometimes. I have to go in and out of the Session, usually at least a dozen times before I can get the run started. Either it just drops, or the person quits, or something. But yeah, the gameplay is really nice.

And they get pretty obnoxious with how many sub-bosses they throw at you. I was like, "How many more claw guys and Giant Dr. Salvadors are they gonna throw at us?!" Very challenging.

It's also interesting seeing how some people mix up their characters with different weapon sets, and which perks they use. I'm totally default though. The default controls are nice in Mercs3D.

Okay, now while not such a big deal, as Mercs isn't story based game, just pure action packed fun that you'd expect from a Mercs run in RE4 or RE5, or Mercs Reunion, but I don't know what's going on with the voices in the game. Now I finally figured out how to do the voice commands, You have to hold X and you can press the D-pad in one of four direction to say something different. "Wait", "Thanks", "Go!" and something else I can't remember at the moment. Then each character's unique taunt you get by pressing X on it's own.

Most of the voices sound close enough I guess. I can't tell if they just got some random people to voice the characters or what. Chris sounds awful, same with HUNK. Claire actually sounds pretty good, though I'm not sure if it's Allyson Court. Wesker sounds basically like DC Douglas too, and Krauser sounds like Jack, especially in his taunt. Not sure what the deal is, but yeah, not a big one obviously. And they got the voices perfect with RER anyway.:)

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah I agree. RER just plays more smooth I think. And after playing RE6, RER and Mercs3D are harder to go back to.

I was BSAA Jill, the electricity perk makes her melee's really effective too.

.:)

I've seen people zapping electricity but dont know how to get that particular perk?

black 93

its ok, found it pretty ****ty on capcoms part to charge full price for a minigame and the one save system was the worst desicion ever. Thank god they havent done that since. Personally id rather play RE 5 or 4s mercenaries on the big screen anyday

Top Bottom