• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Sherry immortal?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
... And I don't mean "immortal" as in "can't possibly die", because she clearly doesn't have an advantage over other characters in RE6 when it comes to surviving grave injuries or one-hit-kills. But one thing she says when entering the dying state is "I can't regenerate fast enough".

So... what if she always had time to regenerate? What if she just spent her entire life away from one-hit-kill-threats? Would she ever get sick at all? Even if she got into another accident like that helicopter crash at the beginning of her campaign, if the wound wasn't immediately fatal, she could just recover from it, like she did after Jake pulled out the shard.

What about old age? Well, there is no such thing as "dying of old age", because old people don't die from being old, they die from diseases and afflictions that their bodies have grown too weak to fight off. So if age is nothing but the continuous deterioration of one's body, and Sherry's keeps regenerating itself all the time, she may not even continue to age normally after reaching adulthood / physical maturity. RE6 hints at this in an unlockable file that says one of Jake's fellow mercenaries mistook her for a teenager.

Unless the influence of the G-virus in her body gets weaker over time, a very careful Sherry could, in theory, live forever.
What do you think?

D

Deleted member 21244

Maybe is like the Wolverine, she can live longer but not forever, maybe she age slowly but she age nonetheless, the healing factor slow the aging process maybe, but she isn't immortal in my opinion

This healing factor is not as near as that Wolverine or Wesker or any tyrant from the series ... Wesker can heal every injury, even a shot to the head in mear second, he can even stand a rocket in the face, Sherry on the other hand could barely regenerate from that helicopter wound, if Jake didn't pull the metal out of her stomach she would have bleed to death

Last edited by a moderator:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sure that helicopter accident could have killed her, that's why I said she would need to avoid life-threatening injuries in any case, but that the virus could still give her an edge over others when it comes to longevity as long as she doesn't get herself one-hit-killed.

Anyway, I just discovered a flaw in my theory: Spencer and Alex Wesker. They had been researching a mortality cure for decades, so if the G-virus was somehow able to provide that on a long-term basis, surely they would have thought of it. Yet one of them looked almost ancient at the time he died, and the other caught some fatal illness that prompted her to transfer her mind into a younger body when she wasn't even that old.

This means one of two things: Either Spencer and Alex didn't know about the effect the G-virus had on Sherry (which is entirely possible, they probably don't have any government agents on speed dial), or that effect isn't really as grand as I thought it could be. Still makes me wonder, though, how far Sherry's enhanced healing factor goes, and why no one seems to think of using those regenerating viruses to stop illnesses and/or ageing.

Mr.R

Well, one of RE6's files says that the G-virus is responsible for Sherry's youthful appearance, so in-canon she might indeed age slowly. The problem is the subject isn't very explored in RE6 apart from the helicopter scene, but she does recover immediatly after Jake pulls the wreck.

But all of this, regarding healing factors in RE is...the game part. Normally, we shouldn't count what happens inside a gameplay as de-facto canon. A lot of people survive shots in the RE Universe, not only Wesker. Jill can survive a shot from a rocket launcher. Leon, Ada, Chris, Sheva, Jill and Josh can survive shots from a minigun (whithou any proper body armor...which would be useless against a minigun, but okay) and so on. Normally, what counts is what happens in cutscenes. We don't know if Wesker can regenerate from a shot in the head, because he is only shot once in a cutscene, in the body. Krauser is never shot at all in cutscenes.

Sherry has the inverse problem. By cutscene and canon admission, Sherry would need to have regenerating health through the game, that she doesn't, which causes some a little problem (although the answer for it is probably to balance the game, since Sherry would have something the other characters don't have, negating part of the gameplay, which is hunting herbs and all).

As for why there was no research on it, canon-wise...maybe because it's too hard. As far as we know, the government don't have any proper sample of the G-Virus. It has traces (adapted traces, no less) of it in Sherry's body, but that's it. Actually, no sample of the G-Virus survived the Raccoon City incident, with the exception of the one Hunk was carrying, since in Umbrella Chronicles we discover that Ada offers Wesker tissue samples from William, and not G. Even though Umbrella might had possessed the G-Virus, maybe there wasn't a scientist as brilliant as William, that could solve the question on how to work with it, at least not while Spencer was alive.

D

Deleted member 21244

Well, one of RE6's files says that the G-virus is responsible for Sherry's youthful appearance, so in-canon she might indeed age slowly. The problem is the subject isn't very explored in RE6 apart from the helicopter scene, but she does recover immediatly after Jake pulls the wreck.

But all of this, regarding healing factors in RE is...the game part. Normally, we shouldn't count what happens inside a gameplay as de-facto canon. A lot of people survive shots in the RE Universe, not only Wesker. Jill can survive a shot from a rocket launcher. Leon, Ada, Chris, Sheva, Jill and Josh can survive shots from a minigun (whithou any proper body armor...which would be useless against a minigun, but okay) and so on. Normally, what counts is what happens in cutscenes. We don't know if Wesker can regenerate from a shot in the head, because he is only shot once in a cutscene, in the body. Krauser is never shot at all in cutscenes.

Sherry has the inverse problem. By cutscene and canon admission, Sherry would need to have regenerating health through the game, that she doesn't, which causes some a little problem (although the answer for it is probably to balance the game, since Sherry would have something the other characters don't have, negating part of the gameplay, which is hunting herbs and all).

As for why there was no research on it, canon-wise...maybe because it's too hard. As far as we know, the government don't have any proper sample of the G-Virus. It has traces (adapted traces, no less) of it in Sherry's body, but that's it. Actually, no sample of the G-Virus survived the Raccoon City incident, with the exception of the one Hunk was carrying, since in Umbrella Chronicles we discover that Ada offers Wesker tissue samples from William, and not G. Even though Umbrella might had possessed the G-Virus, maybe there wasn't a scientist as brilliant as William, that could solve the question on how to work with it, at least not while Spencer was alive.
Wesker was shot in the head by Chris several time during the cutscene on the bomber, yet he survived despite beign injected whit the serum PG67A/W who made hin weaker, he regenerate in mear second... He also receive several burn to the face in code veronica but his face recovered soon after... He even returned from the dead after he was killed by the tyrant, regenerating the wound made by the tyrant, so he is pretty immortal, he as an high level healing factor, this was confirmed in some file, wesker had the unlucky circumstance to be injected whit the serum 2 time, than he injected himself whit the uroboros virus who is weak to fire, than fall into the lava and shoot by two rpg, all this lead to his death , unless nothing could have probably killed him

I think Sherry dosent have an high healing factor as that of wesker... Maybe she can live longer than a normal human being because the virus slow her aging process, but the g virus in her body don't grant her any other ability, she doesn't have super strength or else, only some low healing factor... She was also made unconscious pretty easy by the ustanak in cutscene and she fainted, meaning her healing factor isn't that high, unless she would have recovered faster whitout passing out

Mr.R

Wesker was shot in the head by Chris several time during the cutscene on the bomber, yet he survived despite beign injected whit the serum PG67A/W who made hin weaker, he regenerate in mear second... He also receive several burn to the face in code veronica but his face recovered soon after... He even returned from the dead after he was killed by the tyrant, regenerating the wound made by the tyrant, so he is pretty immortal, he as an high level healing factor, this was confirmed in some file, wesker had the unlucky circumstance to be injected whit the serum 2 time, than he injected himself whit the uroboros virus who is weak to fire, than fall into the lava and shoot by two rpg, all this lead to his death , unless nothing could have probably killed him

I think Sherry dosent have an high healing factor as that of wesker... Maybe she can live longer than a normal human being because the virus slow her aging process, but the g virus in her body don't grant her any other ability, she doesn't have super strength or else, only some low healing factor... She was also made unconscious pretty easy by the ustanak in cutscene and she fainted, meaning her healing factor isn't that high, unless she would have recovered faster whitout passing out

Shot in the head several times? Watch the bomber scene again. Chris shoots him in the hand and Sheva stabs him in the arm. As for Sheva last shot, the qte one, it was unclear were it hits, because the camera was focusing on Sheva, we only knows it was painful enough to make him let go of her leg. I know you like Wesker, but there's no need to upscale his feats.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

Shot in the head several times? Watch the bomber scene again. Chris shoots him in the hand and Sheva stabs him in the arm. As for Sheva last shot, the qte one, it was unclear were it hits, because the camera was focusing on Sheva, we only knows it was painful enough to make him let go of her leg. I know you like Wesker, but there's no need to upscale his feats.
but he returned from the dead, he regenerate pretty easy, also i only noticed now after 11 years that Chris shoot him in the hand to make him lost the samurai edge, i thought he was shot in the head my bad, sorry...
Well I'm not trying to upscale him but the dude can move so fast he seem to teleport and kill two t 103 easy something not even the most powerful tyrant can do XD his gameplay actually matter in re 5, since everything he did during gameplay was also done during cutscene
So he can actually regenerate from every shot

I think every re boss gameplay matter since we can only see boss ability during gameplay, take nemesis, birkin and mr x, never show any ability during cutscene but we know they need all the bullet from our arsenal to Go down

Also if chris and Sheva needed a serum to stop him means that no weapon in their arsenal was actually able to destroy him for good, since Chris didn't need a serum for the other boss he fought in the series means that wesker had a high regenerative capability and can't go down easy

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Luckily for Chris and Sheva, Wesker was in the middle of an active volcano as he was blown apart. I hope his regenerative abilities can't handle that! haha.

But yeah - Sherry is indeed superhuman just as Jake is. But I am glad it is not TOO over the top (Think Alice from the RE movies). Sherry will probably age slower and survive much longer. But I don't think infinity is realistic? Who knows. Let's call Capcom!

Top Bottom