• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Is it just me, or does the "Resident Evil 6 Demo" for the PS3 need to "Lighten" up?

Creeper5150

I downloaded the RE6 demo for the Playstation 3 & played through "Leon's" chapter. I couldn't help to notice that I couldn't see much of what was in front of me, do to the fact that it was way too DARK. I went to the option menu & changed the in-game brightness from the default 20 to the max 40. Still, way too dark & I own a high end Samsung HDTV. I download the same demo on XboX Live & the game looks perfect in brightness & contrast. My question is: Should I purchase this game on Xbox 360, or should not judge the title based on their demo? Personally, I'd rather buy RE6 for the PS3. Because I'm used to the series being on the Playstation for almost two decades. But...... the Nintendo Gamecube did teach me to be a little more "open" minded. So we'll just see on October 2nd.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i am not a ps3 user, but a xbox 360 user. (and i've not downloaded this demo, as i am not intrested in getting the game). what i am offering is a general information or something of the sort, that being, that a demo is not a final product.

TheUnliving

I'd definitely agree with that, been tweaking the brightness on the TV but it makes little difference. Buying it on the 360 anyway so shouldn't matter!

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I agree with you I had to do the same thing.. also how do you use your herbs ??? In the dragons dogma demo you mixed them then they were available to use?? I dont get the menu when you mix the herbs or how to use them now??

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I downloaded the RE6 demo for the Playstation 3 & played through "Leon's" chapter. I couldn't help to notice that I couldn't see much of what was in front of me, do to the fact that it was way too DARK. I went to the option menu & changed the in-game brightness from the default 20 to the max 40. Still, way too dark & I own a high end Samsung HDTV. I download the same demo on XboX Live & the game looks perfect in brightness & contrast. My question is: Should I purchase this game on Xbox 360, or should not judge the title based on their demo? Personally, I'd rather buy RE6 for the PS3. Because I'm used to the series being on the Playstation for almost two decades. But...... the Nintendo Gamecube did teach me to be a little more "open" minded. So we'll just see on October 2nd.
-had your same problem, stick with Ps3 though! xbox 360 will be on a scratch prone two disc dvd and ps3 will not and stay true to resident evils history with showing love for the Ps3 version. I am sure it will be better in the final version

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
My brother had the same darkness complaints, whereas I had no problem after adjusting the in-game brightness. I guess if ever an RE game were to be a case of 'different strokes for different folks,' RE6 would seem destined to be it!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Dude... Have you played some other games? amnesia? silent hill origins? there are games alot darker than RE6., so I didnt mind it.

Top Bottom