• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Inventory

mert20004

For me;

Re4 > Rerev2 > Recv > Re6 > Re2 = Re3 > Remake > Re1 > Re7 > Re5 = Re2 2019 > Re0 > Rerev

The only inventory system ı dont like is rerev's.

It's a more survival horror oriented game than 4 / 5 / 6 and yet there's barely any management other than lame ammo bags and weapon limiting.

Even re5 and re6 have more inventory management than rerev's.

Plus no herb combining or 1st aid sprays; ı dont like rerev's healing system either.

The design looks so boring too.

This might be unpopular but ı like re6's inventory system.

I'm aware there's barely management in the game but this feels more like a good thing rather than a bad thing since the game is extremely action oriented and focuses most on action / combat compared to every other previous mainline entry so unlike rerev's case; re6 being very streamlined in this aspect helps.

The special huds for characters and being able to modify it in options menu is also nice.

Weapons also have their own slot and grenades / 1st aid spray can be equipped in a separate way.

I also like the ability to carry all weapons all the time though weapon shortcuts / being able to remove some weapons from inventory would help.

Thankfully rerev2 improves in this aspect from re5 / rerev / re6.

Re4's attache case system is definitely the best, it's classic even though the inventory system is streamlined compared to pre-re4 mainline entries' inventory systems.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I personally liked RE5s inventory system overall which is funny because I thought RE5 was pretty ok, it's definitely not my favorite. The reason I liked it was because, aside from being pretty simple, I feel like it had the best functionality (in my experience of the franchise). I liked how I could go into my inventory and reload all my weapons and mix my herbs in like 2 seconds flat (I'm not exaggerating btw). I had that down to a science and I loved it, especially as the action continued around me.

Second to the RE5 inventory system, I liked the REmake2 inventory. It was very neat, and unlike RE4, weapons and items have a predictable size as far as how much space they take up in your inventory. I suppose by default this includes R3make, but I didn't like the fact that some of your inventory space is bull if you're not a god gamer that can beat Inferno mode without any of the bonus items.

After that, I like the classic ones - everything up to Code Veronica. I honestly couldn't tell you why, they just have a familiar charm to them I guess.

Lower down would be the RE6 inventory system. It wasn't as user friendly in my opinion.

And probably lastly would be RE4's. Not that is was bad, but it just felt out of place in the franchise to me and I hated having to buy a bigger case repeatedly. And it would aggrivate me because I spend forever just organizing it so that it looked JUST right lol.

I will say that I didn't hate any of these and to be honest it never occurred to me to rank inventory systems so this was a cool thread. But yeah, if I had to choose an inventory system, I would pick RE5.

mert20004

I have my own reasons about not being a big fan of re0, re5, re7 and re2 2019's inventory systems.

For re0; it's due to hookshot. Despite being a key item; it takes 2 spaces at inventory and it's required multiple times. I dont mind the removal of item boxes, ı found this a nice change of pace but hookshot gets on my nerves.

For re5; it's the quick reload trick. I dont think it belongs to action horror entries. I mean it makes reload upgrades pointless ( Other than unlocking infinite ammo. ) since you're allowed to combine ammo with the weapon from inventory. Not to mention; the game seems to be designed more around online rather than single player and this includes inventory system. And the design looks boring compared to re4's and re6's inventory systems. You also cant combine a g+g mix with another green herb for some reason. I'll give it more benefit though; you can exchange items with partner while in re6; this is only allowed in split screen. ( Meanwhile; this is completely impossible in rerev though partners gave you items at specific points which is rare. )

Re7 is a mixed bag. I like how ethan's watch is shown when you go to inventory and the inventory looks nice, more so than re2 2019's lame looking inventory system. But it still looks boring compared to most of the pre-re4 mainline entries' inventory systems as well as re4 and re6's inventory systems. Though there's no red ( and blue herbs since this game feels like a classic re game in structure and pre-re4 mainline entries have poisonous monsters along with blue herbs. ) herbs and instead there are bottles which arent that interesting. Plus ı dislike the steroids item; it's stupid, especially in not a hero episode.

As for re2 2019; it's very low on my list cause of how lame it looks; especially when compared to re2's inventory system.

Regardless; ı enjoyed all of them with the exception of rerev's. That game's inventory system is so, so lazy.

Wesker90

Any that doesn't involve me having to make room by stuffing items in and out while running backwards and forwards when I need something it seriously becomes a chore.

RE4 made it the easiest for me.

Top Bottom