• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) In your view, is A Scenario or B Scenario the Main Character?

Do you think A Scenario or B Scenario is the Main Character Scenario?

• A Scenario has the Main Character

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • B Scenario has the Main Character

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are equally the Main Character

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

Resident Evil 2 has A Scenario & B Scenario. Each with it's highlights & significance. Which do you believe seems like it's the main character scenario?

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
They're both the main character to me,
they just go thru slightly different things. Doesn't make one more important than the other.
Even if I personally like Claire's story a bit more and feel that she is more connected to what's going on around her thru Sherry.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
It is hard to answer this question due to the nature of the way they include the Second Run being added on.

Of course, both characters are the main characters no matter what and it is hard to decide who's version of A and B scenarios are canon in this version. However, it seems like the B scenario in this game is more tacked on than in the originals. I have completed Leon A and Claire B thus far and I have to say they didn't really feel that different aside from obviously Claire going through the Chief storyline and Leon going through the Ben storyline which happens in their respective scenarios no matter what.

I have more to say on this, but I have forgotten how to create spoiler tags, so I will just leave it at that for now. haha

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
It is hard to answer this question due to the nature of the way they include the Second Run being added on.

Of course, both characters are the main characters no matter what and it is hard to decide who's version of A and B scenarios are canon in this version. However, it seems like the B scenario in this game is more tacked on than in the originals. I have completed Leon A and Claire B thus far and I have to say they didn't really feel that different aside from obviously Claire going through the Chief storyline and Leon going through the Ben storyline which happens in their respective scenarios no matter what.

I have more to say on this, but I have forgotten how to create spoiler tags, so I will just leave it at that for now. haha
[S p o i l e r] [/ S p o i l e r] without the spaces. Or you can click the drop down button on your format menu above your draft post, next to the alignment option, and it's in there.

And to add on to what you were saying, I agree a bit about the B scenario seeming more "add on" in the remake.
And I don't know how I feel about there being almost no distinction between the scenarios. In the original A fought Birkin and B fought Mr. X no matter the character but here they each have their own boss that doesn't change. The only difference in A and B now is where you enter the station and the order in which you do things but you still have the same puzzles and ****.:confused:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Magnolia - That is the exact point I wanted to make with my Spoiler Tags. They did a way better version of changing up the scenarios in the original, and maybe we've been spoiled by that, but it really is just the same thing in both scenarios aside from a little change up here and there.

And thanks for the explanation of the tags. I haven't been on a forum in years. haha

Murrdogg93

The only argument I can see about the scenario dynamic, aside from both being equally important, is looking at it from the player perspective.

The A scenario character gets to the Gas Station first. They start off with 10 bullets. They also get to the Police Station first, before it gets even worse. You also get a large amount of story from this, by the end, as the player, which makes it feel like the main character archetype.

The B scenario character gets a more rough start up, considering they have only 5 bullets to start with & Tyrant shows up much sooner. From the player perspective, you already know the main points of what's happening due to what you see in the A scenario. But the B character is key to the true ending.

In conclusion, the A scenario sort of has a main character vibe. The B scenario has sort of an unsung hero vibe.

Last edited:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
In conclusion, the A scenario sort of has a main character vibe. The B scenario has sort of an unsung hero vibe.
This is why I prefer Claire as A and Leon as B. For starters, the gas station part just feels more natural to me if Claire goes there first. Secondly, the fence scene is better with Leon on the outside, having Leon deal with the incoming zombies and telling Claire that they're both gonna make it. Lastly, Sherry as a character feels like she is more important to the main story than Ada. Ada feels more like a side character in a side story.

The only thing which I prefer with Leon A is that I feel Leon should be the one meeting Marvin and getting saved by him. Marvin saving Claire just feels out of place.

Murrdogg93

This is why I prefer Claire as A and Leon as B. For starters, the gas station part just feels more natural to me if Claire goes there first. Secondly, the fence scene is better with Leon on the outside, having Leon deal with the incoming zombies and telling Claire that they're both gonna make it. Lastly, Sherry as a character feels like she is more important to the main story than Ada. Ada feels more like a side character in a side story.

The only thing which I prefer with Leon A is that I feel Leon should be the one meeting Marvin and getting saved by him. Marvin saving Claire just feels out of place.
Also with Claire A & Leon B, you have Claire inside the zombie infested area & Leon on the outside, meeting her at the door, just like the original, which happened regardless of scenario back then.

Top Bottom