• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Wesker were a good guy...

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Imagine if the twist to the story at the end of RE1 happened differently and Wesker was never revealed to be a bad guy. Do you think the Resident Evil series as we know it today would be significantly different? If you like Wesker, do you think you'd still like him just as much as you do now? More? Less?

I kind of wish he was a good guy. I've always wanted to play as him in a classic-style Resident Evil game, with him as the main character.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think the story would be similar, with the exception of the villain of RE5 being another person (or even Exella), and maybe Jill wouldn't have been experimented on.
Besides that, pretty much everything would be similar. Notice that Wesker usually acts behind the shadows and you only see him for short ammounts of time, or even in bonus scenarios.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I think the series would play out a lot differently if they had made Wesker a good guy. Whether or not they would have kept Wesker alive is even another question. But the series would most certainly have another individual as the leading villain- maybe even a different villain for every game afterwards.

I believe Wesker would still be a very introverted character; someone who would keep his thoughts and emotions to himself. He'd most certainly still act like the snarky, sophisticated woman that he believes he is, along with having his superiority complex. Basically he would act just like he does in RE5's mercenaries... and I would love every second of it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It depends...Is Wesker good with NO replacement whatsoever...If so, then it would be drastically different...Who was there to spur on Birkin...Who was their to pretty much bring Umbrella to its knees...

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Funny this is that capcom had no intention of making any more games after the first one. Thats why RE1 has four (or five? cant remember now) endings, becouse at the time they dident think anymore games would be made.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Funny this is that capcom had no intention of making any more games after the first one. Thats why RE1 has four (or five? cant remember now) endings, becouse at the time they dident think anymore games would be made.
Is it because it was a low budget game...They didn't have high hopes for it going over well?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Yeah, you could be correct. I wish Directors cut had longer endings, showing them returning and landing on the rpd.
What exactly is different about the directors cut? I've played both original and REmake, but no DC...All I've heard is that the music is slightly different...

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
What exactly is different about the directors cut? I've played both original and REmake, but no DC...All I've heard is that the music is slightly different...

Apparently, the changes made are:

• New Costumes - The default outfits for Chris and Jill (as well as Rebecca) are different in Arranged Mode. The player can also change to their character's original outfit by going to the dressing room within the mansion's first floor.
  • New Camera Angles - Several areas and a few cutscenes are now viewed from different angles.
  • Different Item and Enemy Placement - Many of the key items in the game were relocated and placed in different areas. Many of the enemies were also relocated, with some areas featuring more enemies than they did in the original.
  • New Handgun - The original Beretta 92F is replaced with a Beretta 92F Inox with wood grips and is referred to as the Custom Beretta. The Inox has a faster firing rate and the ability to randomly kill certain enemies with one shot.
  • New Enemies - A zombie version of Forest Speyer appears as an enemy in the mansion's terrace instead of the usual pack of crows. In addition, there are also "Hyper Zombies".
A Beginner Mode is also included within the game in which the player's life and weapons' firepower are increased and the quantities of ammunition and ink ribbons are doubled. The auto-aiming feature that was missing in the English-language version of the original was also restored, allowing the player to lock onto targets with the press of a button. The game was packaged with a Resident Evil 2 demo (which also contained non-playable demos of Breath of Fire III and RockMan DASH in the Japanese version).

http://residentevil.wikia.com/Resident_Evil:_Director's_Cut

PunkMaister

It would be interesting to see how it all plays out if the good guys turn out to be the villains and viceversa like in Star Trek A mirror darkly.

Top Bottom