• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

id SOFTWARE: 1990s Classic DOOM

1995umk3

Does anybody here play doom?? played it once or heard about it and can't decide if they wan't to play it??

I first played it at my cousins house in the mid 90s or late I don't remember, he had a joystick for the control movements and I tried it on this one level where the walls looked really big.

I was moving around and holding the fire button down on the chainsaw and that was the last time I played it. I also tried the SNES version but that port was really bad.

I tried it again on 2005 once more because I heard about ZDaemon (classic doom online) and played there.

Now I just play offline and only once a week to remember all the maps I beaten in doom 1 as these games makes me dizzy but it's the ONLY I mean ONLY FPS game that I would go through the trouble/hassle to play. VERY worth it.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I've played all the Doom games and for whatever reason I really like them. Usually I like stuff more along the lines of Zelda or RPGs (I play all kinds of things but those are some of my favorite genres.) but I guess Doom just satisfies those times where you don't want to put in any brain work, you just want to put in a game and shoot things. And one of the things I liked about Doom 2016 is, like the originals, it's way more fast paced, not like Doom 3 (which I also liked though). Doom is also the only game to have ever induced sickness in me, but to be fair, I was feeling pretty sick when I booted it up and I knew it was risky going into it lol.

But yea, I love all the Doom games.

1995umk3

I think the ones in the 90s are better... I mean I'm not saying that because I like old stuff. The music in the old ones (1,2) are very good too.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I wouldn't say I have a preference. I like each game for what it is. I still need to play Eternal.

1995umk3

This one track from Bobby Prince (the person behind the doom music) was what made me get into DOOM.

Episode 1 Map 1 Hangar.. it's so original. A real gem in VGM!

Top Bottom