• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I would like your opinion on a chapter in my novel.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I've written this chapter, and I know that you don't know anything about these characters, but I would just like to make sure it flows right. I don't want it to sound like a child wrote, and it seems kind of choppy, so here it goes.
P.S. Here's a list of characters alive at this point.
Jeff - The main protagonist. Has good judgment, and has had a lot of life time experiences.
Kathy - The "Second" Star of the show. She is seemingly very tough and mean at first, but once you get through to her, she is very loyal and caring.
Chris - Can be naive at times, and is only 22.
Tom - "The Wise Old Owl"
Laura - Chris's younger sister.
Mellissa - A nine year old girl who has just lost both of her parents.
Lieutenant Wills - The head adviser of the island.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They approached San Nicolas just as the sun was setting, and it was beautiful. As they got closer, people – not zombies – came into focus. Dozens of people stopped, and looked at their boat.

As they landed, two military men with AK47s approached them.

“State yours, and your group’s name.” The guy on the left said.

Jeff told them their names, and the man on the right hand cuffed them all.

“What’s going on?” Jeff asked as the two men started walking them to a building.

The two men said nothing, and pushed them forward.

“What’s going on?” Mellissa asked fearfully

“Hey, I’m military too.” Kathy told them. “I was in the Offutt Air force base in Nebraska.”

“Nothing personal.” One of the guy’s said. “It’s just standard procedure.”

The two men put each of them in a different room in, what seemed to be, a hospital.

After each of them sitting there for a while, not knowing what was going on, a field medic, and another military man with a green beret came to talk to Mellissa.

“Hello.” The man with the green beret said kindly. “I’m Lieutenant Wills. But you can just call me Will okay?”

“Where’s everyone else?” She asked in a fearful voice.

“They’re in a different room.” He replied. “We’re going to go talk to them, after we get done with you.”

She saw the medic grab a needle out of one of the drawer’s.

“We need to make sure you’re not infected.” Will said.

“Wh-What are you go-going to d-do?” Mellissa asked.

“We have to draw blood, and check it.”

She now realized that she was restrained to the bed. She took a deep breath and said, “Okay.”

As the medic got the syringe ready, Lieutenant Wills started telling Mellissa a story.

"You know, after my mom died, my dad would have to take me to the doctor's. I never liked too go, in fact, I hated it. Anyway, whenever I had to get blood drawn, he would always tell me a story while it was happening. When he did, I always forgot about the pain. Then when he was finished, I would always wonder when they were going to do it."

Mellissa laughed. Wills then pointed to her arm.

"Hey, you already did it!" Mellissa exclaimed.

"Works every time." He said. "Anyway, you did good, Miss . . .?"

“I’m Mellissa.” She said a little less scared now.

The medic put the blood on a thin piece of plastic, and put it under a microscope.

“It’s clean, sir.” The medic said.

Wills nodded, and said. “Okay Mellissa. Shall we get you out of this bed?”

“Yes please.” Mellissa replied.

He un-hooked her leather restraints, and said, “Okay. Stay here, and I’ll go talk to your parents.”

Mellissa started to cry, and said “Th-they aren’t my parents.”

“I’m sorry.” He replied as he put his hand on her shoulder. “I’m sorry.”

He left, too talk to the others.

Wills and his medic walked through the door, and Kathy was fighting to try to get off the bed.

“Hey, hey, hey, calm down.” Will told her.

“Get me out of this God forsaken bed!” She yelled back.

“We will. But we have to make sure you’re not infected first.”

Kathy stopped trying to get off the bed, and said, “I’m not bit.”

“Well we have to check.”

“What’re you gonna do? Strip search me?”

“No, no, no, just a blood test."

She looked at him for a moment, and then said, “Make it quick."

As he got the needle in her arm, he asked, “So my men tell me that you’re military?”

She nodded. “Air force. Nebraska.”

“I'd like here what that was like. I have to get the others, and then we'll all sit down, and I'll tell you what's going on. Would you like me to send Mellissa in here?"

Kathy nodded.

Wills unhooked her restraints, brought Mellissa back to Kathy, and went to speak to the others.

“Hello Jeff.” Wills said as he walked through the door.

“Where am I? And where’s everyone else?” Jeff replied.

“Safe. I’m Lieutenant Wills.”

Jeff looked at him and said, “I’m Jeff.”

“Nice to meet you. Now, we have to make sure you’re not infected before we go through anything else. Is it okay if we give you a blood test real quick?"

"Blood test." Jeff answered quickly.

Lieutenant WIlls gave the rest of them blood tests, and set them up in one big room.

Top Bottom