• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Umbrella Corps I love the PvP aspect of RE

I really think this is a underrated aspect of the newer Resident Evil games. I get that it's super edgy to dislike the new games compared to the old ones. But I always loved to fight against other players in RE games even back on Resident Evil Outbreak it was a blast doing some Team Deathmatch.

It's just an extra thing, and with the release of this I hope it's going to be more well made than any other PvP mode in Resident Evil. Anyone else agree?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
i dont im afraid.
it didnt work in re5, re6 didnt make it work much better and ORC still has a fair share of balance issues.
perhaps umbrella corps (a game solely based on pvp) will get it right.

In RE5 it worked great! and there is a big community still playing it on PS3. RE6 also has a fanbase even tho I liked it less.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
It was great in RE5, and yes the fanbase still exists. Raid mode is a huge downgrade in both quality design. I don't feel the adrenaline rush or any intense moments with the incredibly liner experience with Raid mode. I doesn't off much to me, where RE5 does, RE6 was rather, disappointing. But each to their own I guess.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Playing the Predator mode of RE6 is where a great deal of my time was spent with that game. And I played the Hell out of all of it! I can't wait to play it on my PS4.

My big thing with Umbrella Corps is it's release date. I was really hoping 'early 2016' meant within the first couple months. As things stand now, it's coming in May, likely after Uncharted 4. This means I won't get to it until many, many months down the line (maybe even next year), because Uncharted multplayer is my favorite multiplayer going. Hell, just between the two U4 betas, I already have well over 100 hours in it, and that was only a fraction of what's being included in the retail game.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Playing the Predator mode of RE6 is where a great deal of my time was spent with that game. And I played the Hell out of all of it! I can't wait to play it on my PS4.

My big thing with Umbrella Corps is it's release date. I was really hoping 'early 2016' meant within the first couple months. As things stand now, it's coming in May, likely after Uncharted 4. This means I won't get to it until many, many months down the line (maybe even next year), because Uncharted multplayer is my favorite multiplayer going. Hell, just between the two U4 betas, I already have well over 100 hours in it, and that was only a fraction of what's being included in the retail game.

Well then, we'll need to play some Uncharted 2. I was hooked!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I meant to say that we need to play Uncharted 4 lmao! I'm pretty decent at Uncharted 4. I was mediocre at best in Uncharted 3... but I was REALLY good at Uncharted 2. I got a fair bit of hate mail in my inboxes and people calling me a ****ing nerd and that I must be playing the game 24/7. Which I wasn't, but I played a lot.

A really thrilling and fun thing to do is in the "elimination" game type, what at your base or go hide until all your teammates are dead. Then go out and go all Rambo on their asses. I've actually taken out the entirety of the other team on my own on multiple occasions. So many dumbasses will split up and even follow you into an ambush. For example dropping down a ledge as they chase you and you grab them off. Shotgun whore (this is a must), pistole slut (another must), lot's of melee, and a trusty Desert Eagle will get the job done. Of course a lot of stealth and luring. Grenades are might useful when you kite the idiots into a tight corridor and hide behind cover.

God I love that game. It has the most diversity in terms of choices in multiplayer. The levels allowed for much more mobility. Though Uncharted 4's grappling hook is really fun!

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I'm pretty excited for this game seeing as it looks like fun and has good graphics. Definitely looks more developed than Operation Raccoon City. Plus D.C. Douglas is making a little return for this game which hopefully means that a very special villain will be appearing as well.

Not to mention this will probably be one of only a very few games that I will actually buy and play on my PS4. Uncharted 4 will most certainly come first, however.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm pretty excited for this game seeing as it looks like fun and has good graphics. Definitely looks more developed than Operation Raccoon City. Plus D.C. Douglas is making a little return for this game which hopefully means that a very special villain will be appearing as well.

Not to mention this will probably be one of only a very few games that I will actually buy and play on my PS4. Uncharted 4 will most certainly come first, however.

D.C. Douglas already confirmed that he is doing voices for the player character. Though he did say he will also be doing some thing "Wesker" related as well. We don't know in what capacity, but I believe Capcom stated somewhere that the game takes place in simulations. So it wouldn't be hard to include him in some shape or form.

I can't wait for Uncharted 4!!!!!

Top Bottom