• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Aim I like this game!

potato

I know this game is one of the most unpopular games back then. Lack of story, characters unrelated to the franchise, no Jill or Wesker, but I have to say this is one of the better games out there.

This game is more like arcade, sure it's short, but you can play it over & over again without taking much time.

Before RE4 came out, I always wished there was a mode you can actually aim, and Capcom gave us tank control plus 1st person lightgun shooting. Back then it really gave me the feeling of i'm in control of the character. The Guncon 2 layout was also pretty neatly designed that using the thumb to control the movement and switching to First person to shoot, though the reaction time is actually longer this way aiming with a light gun while still able to control movement is great.

I know we had Gun Survivor 1 & 2 before but i played 2, it's very hard and is more of a Shooting game than a survivor game.

This game deserves a re-release together with Dino Stalker on PSN or Xbox Live!

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well 4-5 hours aint bad. I have played alot shorter so when someone says short I think around 2 hours.

Light_One5

How nostalgic, I loved the way the hunters were in this game. The two by the swimming pool always use to p' me off.

AgentZero

How nostalgic, I loved the way the hunters were in this game. The two by the swimming pool always use to p' me off.
Hunters scare the crap out of me... Its the single reason I'm NEARLY done with RECVX for the second time.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
DA was pretty cool. Morpheus stole the show for me. He reminds me of David Bowie a bit...

And for god's sake, what was wrong with Bruce's neck??? He needs to see a chiropractor. Backcracker.

The movement actually is ALOT like RE6. Kinda funny how that works out.

TJay

Premium
I really don't think this game gets anywhere near the admiration it deserves. Sure, it doesn't really tie in with the main story but I still think it's a fantastic installment. I was really pleased to see elements of this game being transferred over to the main series.

Morpheus reminded me of David Bowie too, especially his Labyrinth character :).

I really wouldn't ,mind a follow up to this or for Bruce or Fong Ling to reappear in the main series.

AgentZero

Is it survival horror? (As in its gonna take more than one time to beat the game on your first try? And you actually have to plan out what zombies need to be killed and how to use your ammo?)

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Definitely the best game in the series that isn't part of the main cannon...And Morpheus may be like David Bowie,but Bruce was lik Matthew McConehey (sp)

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Is it survival horror? (As in its gonna take more than one time to beat the game on your first try? And you actually have to plan out what zombies need to be killed and how to use your ammo?)
Yes, yes it is.

RE6 has horror, but it also has a great blend of action and story and everything that makes RE so great. Except no Files in the game, just ones that you unlock to read in an Extra thing off of the main menu screen.

Anybody else think the text is way too small? I thought that with UC, then RE5, and it's like they keep making it smaller. WTF. I don't wanna have to break out my magnifying glass just to read tips and info on loading screens.

MissDomino

Premium
After having Dead Aim for months, I finally got around to trying it today (setting up the ps2 and gcon2 is a pain). Not what I expected at all.
This game is brilliant. I've never played anything like it. Aiming with the gcon2 and still exploring rooms etc. It kind of ties in the old style RE games with the new style.

I gotta say the gcon2 is so much more accurate than the PS move and especially Wii remote. It's a pleasure to play this game with no annoying crosshairs.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
After having Dead Aim for months, I finally got around to trying it today (setting up the ps2 and gcon2 is a pain). Not what I expected at all.
This game is brilliant. I've never played anything like it. Aiming with the gcon2 and still exploring rooms etc. It kind of ties in the old style RE games with the new style.

I gotta say the gcon2 is so much more accurate than the PS move and especially Wii remote. It's a pleasure to play this game with no annoying crosshairs.
It's definately a fun experience. The Pluto boss fight was one of my favourites.

And I've actually never played DA with the guncon...always use a controller lol. I think Morpheus stole the show though. Bruce with his odd neck needs to see a chiropractor and Fongling and her broken english was just intolerable at times.

I can vouch for the gcon2 being more accurate than the wiimote though, I've had to play through UC and DSC with that thing, and it about as innaccurate as it gets, but it works anyway.

MissDomino

Premium
True.
On the wii it's understandable. Wii's are pretty cheap and the remote comes with the system. Sadly the PS move is only slightly better. I still have to aim at the camera to hit the centre of the screen because the calibration resets after 5 seconds :(

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I played through DA again recently, it's been awhile.

I still very much enjoy the game. Again, Morpheus steals the show. Bruce and Fong Ling are an obvious Leon/Ada ripoff, but that's ok.

I do think it's kind of funny how incompetent Umbrella Paris is. I mean, Morpheus and Claire eached managed to get in and steal or infiltrate their facility. Morpheus stealing the virus' he needed for his terrorist plot, and Claire, owning all of them. Heck, they even sent a chopper after her and shot up their building in trying to stop a little 19 year old girl. Good job Paris guys.

Oh, and I also really like the way Umbrella blames Morpheus for the T-virus leak at the Mansion. I wonder how they swung that one?

Outbreakgirl

Treasure Hunter since 2009
Wow, it has been a long time since i've heard someone actually liked this game. I remembered playing a bit of it and didn't like it one bit. I don't think i've ever finished it...

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I'm not familiar with Dead Aim but I was just looking at some vids of it on youtube and it really seems they got their inspiration for Revelations from this game. I mean it's set on a ship and has the 1st person camera when you aim, which the 3DS version of Revelations had the option of. Looks like a decent game from what I've seen anyway.

Haseeb_B.S.A.A

I have not played this game yet but I think it was the best OFF SPIN Resident evil game out there, the graphics are just better than old ones and the story isn't bad (read in review) . Bruce Mcgivern and ling are also cool! I like the way this game rolls!

maxresdefault.jpg

Pau Diaz

Explorer of facts
Dead Aim does have its admirable qualities, such as the environments and weapon modeling, but the monster designs haven't changed much and very little new is added. Also, the music isn't as good as previous installments. Pluto and Tyrant are very waxwork creatures that should have been molded with a little more care and imagination. The dialogue is also wanting and a little too cliched. I still keep it as a memento, but I have no plans to play it again. My future kids might like it, but I played it twice and was fed up by the shallow story, the lack of originality and the haphazard enemy designs.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
It was a side game, kind of experimental, and a light gun game so I think all of it's flaws are kind of expected and forgivable but considering it was a first person sidegame, it was pretty good and oddly enough the last RE to play so close to the classic survival style in terms of searching, ammo reservation and inventory. It's also neat to see how the aiming in Dead Aim (3rd to 1st person) seems to me to be like the original version of the 1st/3rd person aiming we see in the newer titles that all came after it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
There are rumors surrounding this game that this was supposed to be RE 4 and was changed into a lightgun game in the end.

Top Bottom