• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City I Got the Game. (My thoughts)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Well I got Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Special Edition on PS3.
knifedcopy.jpg

Here are my thoughts:

When I first started playing the game and got about 30-60 minutes into it, I started to enjoy it alot, the controls felt ok and such, but the stupid ability option was broken (I went into options and everywhere I could to try and get it going but active camo would not work after I unlocked and selected it)<<<<Thats a huge bug for ORC.

While playing futher in, it felt great to revisit the old places like the police station, fighting the zombies again and such, but after I got further in (shortly after chasing Leon) I began to get incredibly bored of the game, the entire time I left the online join in option on and no one joined in to make it fun (no one is playing the damn game). I gave up on the game about an hour after the Tanker hitting the Leon/Claire Car scene because I just didnt like the game anymore, it almost put me to sleep.

-The developers did a **** poor job at the Hunters, they were highly over powered and I never had any time to breath after their attacks (Hunter slashes me down, I get back up to my feet and get slashed straight to the ground again and that repeated multiple times)
-What is up with the programming? I was fighting a Hunter (in the fight above) and I emptied a full 6 grenades from the GL, an entire assault rifle, a whole shotgun and my full sidearm bullets into it and it was still coming at me!!! <<WTF?
-The AI is dumber than Chris Redfield, I was in the Nemesis fight and while I was getting ammo, I saw one of my AI partners shooting endlessly at the wall.

At first I thought this game was good, I enjoyed the first half of it, the 2nd half I just gave up on, I just didnt wanna play it anymore.

Final Verdict:
I am returning this game tomorrow for a full refund, I thought the game was ok but it was no where near worth the $130 I payed for it, but since I enjoyed the first half, I may buy it back after it gets a price drop.

My Score: 5/10

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Well I got Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City Special Edition on PS3.
knifedcopy.jpg

Here are my thoughts:

When I first started playing the game and got about 30-60 minutes into it, I started to enjoy it alot, the controls felt ok and such, but the stupid ability option was broken (I went into options and everywhere I could to try and get it going but active camo would not work after I unlocked and selected it)<<<<Thats a huge bug for ORC.

While playing futher in, it felt great to revisit the old places like the police station, fighting the zombies again and such, but after I got further in (shortly after chasing Leon) I began to get incredibly bored of the game, the entire time I left the online join in option on and no one joined in to make it fun (no one is playing the damn game). I gave up on the game about an hour after the Tanker hitting the Leon/Claire Car scene because I just didnt like the game anymore, it almost put me to sleep.

-The developers did a **** poor job at the Hunters, they were highly over powered and I never had any time to breath after their attacks (Hunter slashes me down, I get back up to my feet and get slashed straight to the ground again and that repeated multiple times)
-What is up with the programming? I was fighting a Hunter (in the fight above) and I emptied a full 6 grenades from the GL, an entire assault rifle, a whole shotgun and my full sidearm bullets into it and it was still coming at me!!! <<WTF?
-The AI is dumber than Chris Redfield, I was in the Nemesis fight and while I was getting ammo, I saw one of my AI partners shooting endlessly at the wall.

At first I thought this game was good, I enjoyed the first half of it, the 2nd half I just gave up on, I just didnt wanna play it anymore.

Final Verdict:
I am returning this game tomorrow for a full refund, it was no where near worth the $130 I payed for it, but since I enjoyed the first half, I may buy it back after it gets a price drop.

My Score: 5/10
holy ****!!!!! i only paid $69.00 usd for my collectors edition, someone ripped you off hardcore!!!! unless thats what you pay in what ever country your from for a video game ??

HELLBOY1980

and mine comes in a steel case with all the dlc and 2 clothes patches, not a card board box........... :(

xMobilemux

Yes NZD is different from USD but even at 60 or 70 USD that would be only 80 NZD, so yes it was a massive ripoff.

Yeah mine was just a cardboard box, few DLC codes (weapon skins -_-) and a few bio cards.

I hope my Crapcom t-shirt arrives soon so I can make my feelings clear about that Company of Leeches.

Honestly I thought the game was quite good, despite all the bad things I said above, I thought it was decent, I do want to keep it since I liked some parts of it, I really liked the character Vector :)

If it gets a good price drop or I find it cheap online I'll buy it back :) but I'm not gonna throw away $130 on this game.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Honestly I thought the game was quite good, despite all the bad things I said above, I thought it was decent, I do want to keep it since I liked some parts of it, I really liked the character Vector :)

If it gets a good price drop or I find it cheap online I'll buy it back :) but I'm not gonna throw away $130 on this game.
My question is where in the world did you go that made it so exspensive...I'm really lost, because don't you live in the US...

xMobilemux

$69.99USD converted to NZD is around $85NZD so I have no idea why its $130.

There are some online listings that have it at $90NZD (normal edition) that sounds better that $130.

HELLBOY1980

well, i preordered mine in Florida where i live i really enjoy the game and all the cool stuff it came with...Im sure you could have gotten it off ebay or play asia way cheaper!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
since you found it quite disappointing, as you said return it for a full refund, then maybe hop on Ebay and get a cheap pre owned copy?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Dude you could have went to amazon and bought the special edition for 75$ and I told that why did you pay 130$ for it?

xMobilemux

I cant use world wide sites like ebay and Amazon because the region codes on the games wont work down here in NZ, plus I have no idea why its so expensive here. But I'm gonna take it back today, get my $130 back and I'm going to an expo next weekend, they might have it cheap there.

JMG29

To Let The World Be
I couldn't even finish the last mission. I got stuck on this one part and the only thing I could think of was "what's the point"?

I got my refund from GameStop last night and used the money for Gravity Rush.

Metal

I am enjoying the game, but everyones entitled to their own opinion :) matchmaking side of things theirs lots of people playing the game online. You just need to sit on the matchmaking selection screen for a while. As the game puts priority to non start lobbies, u only join going matches if you select quickplay. I think my fav part ATM is revisiting the police station! I loved that part! And online I love survivor, working together until you get the call then stabbing people in the back to ensure you get a spot on the chopper. Kinda let's you know what kinda person you'd be in a zombie attack. Do you wait for your mates and risk death, or do you shoot them in the legs and run for your place. Yeah, in zombieland I'm out for me lol. Ummm maybe capcom should update it so that you can shoots players legs out.. Then they have to button bash to crawl away from the horde.

Think about it, the final stand at a burning petrol station, low on ammo, low on supplies.. But your just holding on... The call comes and you get a glipse of hope, you all dash to the chopper knowing that only 4 of you can be saved.. You see the chopper land, then you feel a sudden sharp pain in your legs and you fall, you realise you've been used as getaway bait and look up to see metal running and laughing. Theres 2 spots left and your 100yrds from the chopper! Can you crawl it before it leaves or before your lunch.

What you think?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I am enjoying the game, but everyones entitled to their own opinion :) matchmaking side of things theirs lots of people playing the game online. You just need to sit on the matchmaking selection screen for a while. As the game puts priority to non start lobbies, u only join going matches if you select quickplay. I think my fav part ATM is revisiting the police station! I loved that part! And online I love survivor, working together until you get the call then stabbing people in the back to ensure you get a spot on the chopper. Kinda let's you know what kinda person you'd be in a zombie attack. Do you wait for your mates and risk death, or do you shoot them in the legs and run for your place. Yeah, in zombieland I'm out for me lol. Ummm maybe capcom should update it so that you can shoots players legs out.. Then they have to button bash to crawl away from the horde.

Think about it, the final stand at a burning petrol station, low on ammo, low on supplies.. But your just holding on... The call comes and you get a glipse of hope, you all dash to the chopper knowing that only 4 of you can be saved.. You see the chopper land, then you feel a sudden sharp pain in your legs and you fall, you realise you've been used as getaway bait and look up to see metal running and laughing. Theres 2 spots left and your 100yrds from the chopper! Can you crawl it before it leaves or before your lunch.

What you think?
I like the idea a lot...

The_Green_King

im sorry you had a bad experience wesker. it seems a lot of people are having problems getting in to the game and its a damn shame. it could have, and should have imo, gotten a warmer reception. yeah the game was rushed and buggy, but most games these days have problems on launch day. you can tell how much they care about the game depending if they put out patches or not. ORC has had a lot of its **** fixed with the patch that came out recently because slant six wants to make us happy. people are acting like this game sucks dick, yet **IMO** i like this game WAYYYYYYY more than RE5. ive only beaten RE5 once and played like 2 online matches. ive beaten ORC almost 5 times now and ive played it at least every other day since it came out.

i just like the way it plays, and from what weve seen so far, RE6 will be more similar to ORC in style than the past two games. it kinda looks like a mix of RE4/5 and ORC which will be interesting. although i miss the old survival horror days, i think the series could use another "touch up".

Top Bottom