• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 I am thinking of getting versus mode.

XBioHazardx

Trust me... I'm a doctor
I am considering downloading versus mode for the XBox,
I was just wondering if it is any good, and what features it has.

Painted_Wraith

If I remember correctly:

Survivour

Players 2-4 aim to score as many points as possible by shooting/hitting the opposing party.

Team Survivour

Same as Survivour, but in teams of two. Four players - Two teams.

Slayers

Players 2-4 aim to score as many points as possible by killing enemies and racking up combos. Points are deducted when hit.

Team Slayers

Same as Slayers but in teams of two. Four players - Two teams.

I was addicted to this when I first got it, so I definitely recommend you give it a try.

Note:

The mercenaries characters and stages are used in these, but you'll need to purchase them from the bonus features all over again to play them on Versus, which means either playing with the two starters Chris and Sheva on Versus, or playing the mercenaries to earn the points you need.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I'm probably going to have to say , no you shouldn't get it. You may like it, but I didn't.

The first problem with Versus mode is the file size, the file size is only 2MB, it's obvious that you're paying for something that's already in the game when you download this. Not to mention that only 2MB is not that much so you're really getting not that much content. That's another problem with Versus mode, you barely get anything from Versus. Slayers and Team Slayers is basically Mercenaries except it's score based and players can kill other players to gain points, Survivors and Team Survivors is basically going against other players, and basically I got to question why are there still majini in these modes, they don't give you anything except for the bosses, but other than that they don't do anything except attack you and just for annoyance in Versus. Versus will also get on your bad side at the beginning by locking all the characters from the start and you only get Chris and Sheva at the start. Another problem with Versus is just how boring it is. The kind of gameplay that is in RE5 is not fit for Versus as you'll have to stop, aim, and shoot in Versus as well, and everytime you do your target gets away, or both of you stand right in front of each other and stand still and just continue to punch holes through each other's bodies until one of you are dead and whoever gets the first shot wins, that's not fun, it's boring.

How can I recommend it to you: I can barely recommend this. If your just a big fan of going against other players then by all means go ahead and download it. However if you just want to go against other players then I say stay away, I found it to be boring and repetitive. If you want the achievements then go ahead and download it.

sadistic_greyfox

It's buckets of fun though if you do have 2-3 friends to play with though. We just played it like a bigger merc mode. with stranger you can count on frustrations.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I just recently downloaded the versus mode, I've only played it a few times though but it was alright. I suck at it so far lol, can't find the weapons when you do the team matches.

Top Bottom