• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 how to knife the el gigante in seperate ways easy

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Hahaha that person plays way to much RE4 impresssive though makes me wonna give it a try if i could be assed.

L

Lurker
i have beat the dos gigante both with a knife cause i didnt know about the lava pit and had 1 shotgun shell. It was hard.

Also spiralout rules, you should check out more of his stuff.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
rathit;27186 said:
Impressive.

What sort of weapons is best to use against the first Gigante Leon meets? I know the RPG is an instant kill, but I want to save money.

I've got Handgun, Punisher, Shotgun, Rifle and TMP. And I also have all three types of hand grenades.

The Punisher is weaker than the Handgun, so let's forget the Punisher.

The TMP does little damage per bullet, but the high rate of fire compensates for that. But the amount of available ammo is limited. Perhaps the TMP is a good choice until it runs out of ammo?

My most powerful weapon is the Rifle. Maybe a few rifle headshots will drop the troll? In spite of being helped by that dog, I've not been able to make enough headshots. Hitting his head many times is difficult, often the head is simply out of view because he is not standing upright and all I can hit is his back or a shoulder.

Is is possible to kill him with a knife? The open environment there isn't offering the same advantages as the environment shown in the video.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Well shoot him enough times with any of your weapons that will make him fall to his knee's, then the thing happens, If you run up behind him you can jump on him an repeatedly press buttons it tells you to, that stabs him, do that about 3-4 times. Unless you wonna try the knife tactic in that video, not sure how long he stays still once you pass through his legs after he does his attack.

but it's worth ago?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE5.;28581 said:
that will make him fall to his knee's,
I never got him on his knees, so I got impatient and bought one RPG.
I was just test playing when I met him, not saving the progress. On my "real" game I'll face him again and this time I'll fight him properly.

Next time I meet him, I should maybe shoot his feet and knees? That's the way to bring down "normal" opponents, not sure if this works against Gigante.

Is it perhaps almost the same where I hit him? Or does he got any particular weak spots?

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Ahh, I'm not sure about weak spots on his body, I'd advise headshots I geuss, but not with a sniper thats far to long, try an save up some ammo for two certain weapons an when his real weak spot appears you can mount him an start button bashing.

gigante.jpg

He does get a weak spot, first you have to damage him abit. All you need is ammo, some good shooting and persistance, that's all Resi games are about now days =D

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I've found green and red grenades to be pretty useless (maybe I suck at aiming), and when you didn't mention grenades I take it I should save them for weak enemies.

Good screenshot. :)

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Nades are cool, I'd say there best used when theres a crowd of people just standing around, waiting to get blow up into a meat shower lol but you can use nades on El Gigante it would hurt him if it landed under his feet or next to him. Flash Grenades kill the Crows and another type of Mutation, if you saw them Crows, before where you fight Gigante, but in the same area, you can get some gold pasatas, theres loads of Crows they all drop stuff if you flash em'

Have you completed RE4 before?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
RE5.;28590 said:
Nades are cool, I'd say there best used when theres a crowd of people just standing around, waiting to get blow up into a meat shower lol but you can use nades on El Gigante it would hurt him if it landed under his feet or next to him. Flash Grenades kill the Crows and another type of Mutation, if you saw them Crows, before where you fight Gigante, but in the same area, you can get some gold pasatas, theres loads of Crows they all drop stuff if you flash em'

Have you completed RE4 before?
Flash kills crows? Fun, but I think flashbangs are better used against the "thing" that pops up from wounded enemies sometimes. I suspect this "thing" is called Las Plagas. I read a tip somewhere that flashbangs should be saved for the really hard enemies.

I used the shotgun against that bunch of crows. That's what I'd use against birds in real life, so it was a natural choice. One shot many kills. Two shots and most of them were dead. Survivors picked off with the handgun.
If you're low on shotgun ammo and have a few grenades, using a grenade could be okay.

I bought the game just a few days ago, this is my first try. And I have not tried any of the other RE games. Making me a complete novice. :p
But I've read stuff here and there, so I've already learned a few things.

Edit,
I'm sorry if I am to far off topic or hijacked the thread.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Sweeeeeeeeet, Ive just got RE5 recently hehe
I completed RE4 over christmas, thats the most recent ive cleared it
xD
There good games!
I'm gonna try an get Live going soon coz online co-op is too cool!
Another person who's just got RE4 haha If you need any tips The people on this forum will to you man trust me ;]

But I don't think I've masterd this knifing El Gigante thing, If I had tons of health I reakon I could do it easy, but If its worth it I dunno.

Wesker1987

I would say just use your tmp, on his head until he kneels down and the parasite bursts out his back; then you can either get behind him and jump up and do the whole button bashing thing or just shoot it. If your gonna shoot it use the shotgun though, you'll maybe get two or three hits then he'll stand back up.
Then just repeat the sequence another 2 times i'd say and he'll eventually die.
I'm playing through it the second time right now and i have the killer7, it only takes two hits with that, one in the head and one in the parasite and he's gone.
Awww sheeea!
There is a helpful tips thread here somewhere, check it out.

L

Lurker
Romero that game is really easy. just dont think logic and its all good. (until "assley" comes around)

Top Bottom