• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Old Where You When You Started Playing RE

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So, you guys saw my post asking for advice, and it's been like this my whole life. But if there is one thing I can say, it's the RE has been there for all of it. I've grown up with RE, and it's been a staple in my life. Takes me back to a special place away from all the hardship in my life. Ironic as it is, when I was six it was the very father that I hate today who introduced me to Resident Evil. I wasn't a big fan of the first one. But by the time I was six it was the year 2000. While he tried showing me Resident Evil and I didn't quite enjoy it, he soon after showed me RE2. I was forever hooked. It's funny how things work like that. It's been a staple in my life for 14 years now. How old were you guys when you started playing?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well, I discovered it when I was six. But I didn't really get into for real, or became obsessed with the series till I was 10.
Same time I got into Silent Hill, DMC, And really horror in general.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well it was my dad who introduced me to it. At the time I was still a little wus at horror games. It was silent hill that brought me out of the "Never ending fairy-tale" And let me see how dark the world was. That's like when I stopped being scared.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Six must be the magic number. I was also that age. :smile: We got the PS1 versions of RE2 and 3. And Nemesis scared the hell out of me and gave me nightmares as a little girl. Still kept playing though. :smile:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I was around 12 when I started playing Resi. I had just got my PS1 and my cousin brought up a couple of games and he put on RE 1, which I thought looked very interesting indeed. I played it for about a week, didn't make that far and I died a lot lol. But I've been hooked ever since.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
i was four when i watched my cousins and nephews play it on the ps1, and only when i hit the age of twelve did i at last dare to start playing it myself. heh, good ol' times.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
i must have been less than 10. got resi evil on the ps1. got it from this dodgy game shop for really cheap. always froze on the same spot, when you return to the mansion and encounter a hunter...:/ after that got it from a more reputable shop and played through it on repeat. i would say about 8 years old if i had to hazard a guess.

Meg

So bin ich eben
Hmm.....my first game was RE4. I forget how old I was. I know I was a young teenager. Probably around 14-15. I think. :confused:

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
My first RE that I played was RE 2 in 1998 a few weeks after I had turned 16. I remember playing it in my room and my mother was freaking out because of the horror sounds lol. Damn that was over 15 years ago. Look at how time flies.

FelixK

Zombies must shuffle
The first time I saw resident evil I was four. My dad was going through Re1 as chris. He used to go through most of the game with a knife. Scared the hell out of me. It took me almost a year to muster up the courage to play that game. Haven't quit playing them since.

aintnoscrub

Premium
The first time I saw resident evil I was four. My dad was going through Re1 as chris. He used to go through most of the game with a knife. Scared the hell out of me. It took me almost a year to muster up the courage to play that game. Haven't quit playing them since.

jesus 4 years old..you did start young. i thought i started young at 8ish ;)

aintnoscrub

Premium
Yup resident evil was the cause of many nightmares and is still responsible for my distrust of long dark hallways and large windows haha X^D
haha i don't blame you.
at 8 years of age, i scared myself to death sitting up at night playing haha.

H.U.N.K.

The original came out close to 18 years ago, so I started playing when I was about 24. I had just gotten married, had bought a playstation and came across this cool looking game at the local video store. Didn't know the first thing about it. Glad I picked it up.

Top Bottom