• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (1999) How long was Nemesis in Raccoon City?

Zacmac90

Since Resident Evil 3 happened twenty four hours before Resident Evil 2 {which doesnt make sense}, how long do you think Nemesis was in the city for? Plus if Nemesis encountered Leon and Claire, do you think he'd try and kill them or just continue to look for Jill.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I will assume that Nemesis was in Raccoon City for at least forty eight hours seeing as he was there for the duration of Jill and Carlos' stay and their journey begins a day before Leon and Claire even make it to Raccoon and ends after they've escaped/right before the city is destroyed. There is a big possibility that he was there a lot longer than that, though seeing as how he was sent to destroy STARS members. Taking that into account, he was probably deployed right after the majority of the city became infected.

As for whether or not he would have attacked Leon and Claire, I don't believe so unless they interfered with his mission; in his earlier form, that is. Once Nemesis started to mutate, he became more aggressive and seemed up for attacking just about anyone.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I really don't know how long he was there...I'd agree with what Flora said...But as for attacking the RE2 cast...It's a no go...He wouldn't attack something that wasn't his target unless it was interfearing...Remember in the Movies how he doesn't screw with LJ...I know how the movies are related in NO way whatsoever...I also hate bringing it up at all...But It's the closest thing I can come up with to compare...

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Pretty much what Magnolia Grandiflora stated.

Nemesis likely wouldn't strike Leon/Claire unless they tried to impede his progress. Just like what happened with Mikhail.

Nemesis was basically created for the sole purpose of destroying S.T.A.R.S. members. Thats it.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Nemesis was basically created for the sole purpose of destroying S.T.A.R.S. members. Thats it.

Actually, he was just programmed to destroy STARS. The Nemesis-T Type subjects were created to test the Nemesis parasite in T-103 Tyrants. Umbrella used STARS members as test subjects, and to test their ability fo follow rules and plan strategies.

There's a mission in ORC in which the USS has to reprogram nemesis or something. However, that won't be canon.

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Actually, he was just programmed to destroy STARS. The Nemesis-T Type subjects were created to test the Nemesis parasite in T-103 Tyrants. Umbrella used STARS members as test subjects, and to test their ability fo follow rules and plan strategies.

There's a mission in ORC in which the USS has to reprogram nemesis or something. However, that won't be canon.
And... that changes what I said, how?

Not trying to sound rude, I just think you re-phrased what I said. :D

bruno

Chief Researcher
You said Nemmy was CREATED to destroy STARS, but he was just created for research. He was PROGRAMMED to destroy STARS.

May look the same but have different meanings.

Larae

Candy Tactician
Even though Nemesis was programmed to destroy S.T.A.R.S. members...I have seen him go to TOWN on some of the zombies before, haha. Sure, he was probably trying to get through them to get to Jill, but yeah.
Either way, it was amusing at least.

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
I agree that he would more than likely have been there since the outbreak began (the first signs of outbreak in-city), however I believe he WOULD have attacked Chris had he appeared, not Claire since she wasn't a STARS member, but definitely Chris if he came across him. Let's face it, he wasn't even after Jill initially until she encountered him outside the police station, and he uttered STARS all the time, so was obviously programmed or instructed to defeat STARS members, ALL of them, since they were witness to Umbrella's activities, therefore would want them destroyed before they cold escape the city.

Tez

I didn't know 3 was 24 hours before 2. Didn't Raccoon city blow up at the end of 3??

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I didn't know 3 was 24 hours before 2. Didn't Raccoon city blow up at the end of 3??

When Jill gets infected and passes out, it is the end of the night during September 28. RE2 begins at September 29 and ends the morning of September 30. RE3 continues around midnight on October 1.

Hope this helps.

savemgs

72 hours or so Nemesis wouldn't strike Leon/Claire unless they tried to get in his way like those dame zombies lol.

Ashford Twins

I always thought Nemesis was around for a few days before the events of 3. Mainly because of the way Brad's acting in the beginning of 3. Brad's exact words were "He's after STARS members, there's no escape!". Now, I know this is chickenheart and he'd run for the hills even if Nemesis wasn't attempting to kill him but was instead chasing him with a batch of freshly made cookies shouting "EAT THEM", but to me that line made it sound as if Brad had been chased by Nemesis for at least a few hours. Also, this is Nemesis. He isn't some all knowing all seeing entity. He'd have had to search for the remaining STARS members. He only came across Jill by chance whilst he was hunting Brad. How long would it have taken him to find Brad?

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Yeah I'll parrot what has already been said. His primary objective is to kill all stars members. He will, however, attack anyone who either stands in his way or attacks him. Leon and Claire never encounter Nemesis which is somewhat strange given that he would have already been in Racoon City at the same time as them, but perhaps he was preoccupied with chasing down Jill. Leon and Claire in scenario B have Mr.X I believe, which is basically Nemesis. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Mr.X is designed to just kill all living things? We can also see that when they drop him, they drop more than one.

As Nemesis mutates though, he becomes more hostile and goes after Carlos even when he's not in his way, although you could say that he calculated Carlos as a potential threat from prior conflicts.

The most interesting thing is how Nemesis keeps finding Jill. You encounter him fairly often and in places where it would be really hard for him to just stumble upon Jill. It's a big city potentially full of noise and action so I'm not sure how he keeps on finding her. I also don't know why they would want to eliminate all of the STARS members.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I always thought Nemesis was around for a few days before the events of 3. Mainly because of the way Brad's acting in the beginning of 3. Brad's exact words were "He's after STARS members, there's no escape!". Now, I know this is chickenheart and he'd run for the hills even if Nemesis wasn't attempting to kill him but was instead chasing him with a batch of freshly made cookies shouting "EAT THEM", but to me that line made it sound as if Brad had been chased by Nemesis for at least a few hours. Also, this is Nemesis. He isn't some all knowing all seeing entity. He'd have had to search for the remaining STARS members. He only came across Jill by chance whilst he was hunting Brad. How long would it have taken him to find Brad?

Considering how often you run into him in the game, it seems that it is pretty easy for Nemesis to locate STARS members. I don't think it's particularly realistic and as you've said, he's not an all knowing entity, but based on how often you run into him, Brad must have been on the run from Nemesis and most likely led him to Jill. How was he able to keep up with Jill? I don't know, maybe he's better than Man Tracker. I would for sure want to know what Nemesis was up to while he was looking for Jill. I know Operation Racoon City kind of expands on that, but I've been led to believe that it's not a good game.

Top Bottom