• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How is story connected?

Blazzx

ok i wand to play resident evil 5 and just asking which game i most play before RE5 to know complete story what hapend before RE5?
My firend played RE4 and RE1 and he said the story is not connected between this two parts.Is that true?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Actually RE1 is kinda important if you want some back story other than that go with resident evil code veronica

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
My firend played RE4 and RE1 and he said the story is not connected between this two parts.Is that true?
Resident Evil 4 has nothing to do with any of the other games, aside from involving Leon - which doesn't really add much. Resident Evil Zero is the prequel to Resident Evil, Resident Evil started everything with Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica continuing the story. If you only want to follow the story between Chris and Wesker, though, I would recommend Resident Evil, Code Veronica and then Resident Evil 5.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Resident Evil 4 has nothing to do with any of the other games, aside from involving Leon - which doesn't really add much. Resident Evil Zero is the prequel to Resident Evil, Resident Evil started everything with Resident Evil 2, 3 and Code Veronica continuing the story. If you only want to follow the story between Chris and Wesker, though, I would recommend Resident Evil, Code Veronica and then Resident Evil 5.
Actually...If you play Ada's story, you find out RE4 has a LOT to do with the others...It introduces the Plagas, which Wesker wants...The plagas evolve even more so in RE5 to the Plagas Type 3, only after extensive research on the Plagas found in RE4...Without RE4 there would be no RE5, which helped carry on the story...
ok i wand to play resident evil 5 and just asking which game i most play before RE5 to know complete story what hapend before RE5?
If you want all the information on the games go to residentevil.wikia.com. You'll get all your answers there...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Storywise, you should play Resident Evil and Resident Evil CODE: Veronica X.
However, if you have a Nintendo Wii, you'd better play Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles, these two games are recaps of all the old games (RE0, RE, RE2, RE3 and RE:CVX), only RE4 being left out. The Chronicles games are on-rails shooters and also have some exclusive scenarios, never seen in previous games.
The only connection between RE4 and RE5 is that the parasites used to control people in RE5 were introduced in RE4. There's also some minor story connections, but not relevant.
If you need information about a particular subject (characters, BOW's, organizations, etc), I'd reccomend you to consult Project Umbrella's database (http://projectumbrella.net/articles) - However, be careful because the articles may contain spoilers about RE5.

Blazzx

Ok with which games is connected RE4 because I find out RE5 is on my pc too lagy?

Code:
However, if you have a Nintendo Wii, you'd better play Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles and Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles

Oh thanks!I dont have Wii but i have PS3 and i 100% get it!!

bruno

Chief Researcher
RE 4 is connected to RE2, but you can play it without RE2. You will understand RE4's story (except for Leon and Ada's relationshio, but it's nothing special really).

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yes, the Chronicles games are going to be released to PS3, but it's not confirmed outside of Japan, and we don't even know the release dates.
I didn't mention that because I didn't think you'd want to wait so long...You can play the games anyway and then replay after you've played Chronicles.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
ok what about new RE Recon city and RE6 with which story is connected
RE Racoon City is non-cannon, and purely for fan enjoyment...It's technically connected to RE 2 and 3, but it's more like "What if RE2 and 3 happened this way" and you play it from Umbrella's point of view...RE6 most likely connects to all of them, because in one way or another every RE game in the main series connects...That's why it's the MAIN series, but other than that, we don't know what it will DIRECTLY be connected to...Be it 2 or 0 or 5...We just don't know enough yet, though I'd put my bets on it being related to all of them in some form or another considering the roster of characters and the enemies...

bruno

Chief Researcher
The Series canon is consisted by (chronologically):

(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Beginnings)
Resident Evil 0 (zero)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Nightmare)
Resident Evil
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Rebirth)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: The 4th Survivor)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (first half of RE3 actually happens before RE2)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Death's Door)
[Resident Evil: Survivor]
Resident Evil -CODE: Veronica X-

(Resident Evil - The Darkside Chronicles: Operation Javier)
[Resident Evil: Dead Aim]

(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Umrella's End)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: The Dark Legacy)

Resident Evil 4

(Resident Evil: Revelations)
(Resident Evil 5 DLC: Lost In Nightmares)

Resident Evil 5
(Resident Evil 5 DLC: Desperate Escape)

Bold - Main series
() - Directly related to the main series
[] - Unrelated to the main series

I think I got everything right.

My point actually is... you should play whatever game you want to and then go back to see the story... I don't imagine you playing all of this stuff just to be able to play RE5 xD
However, if you want to play them, your fastest option is playing the chronicles. Besides the scenarios I mentioned, the Chronicles also feature the main series except for RE4 and RE5, so you'd only have to play 4 games to understand the main story of RE.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Yes, the Chronicles games are going to be released to PS3, but it's not confirmed outside of Japan, and we don't even know the release dates.
I didn't mention that because I didn't think you'd want to wait so long...You can play the games anyway and then replay after you've played Chronicles.
Is it comin for 360?
Cause I hate nintendo

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm ot sure, I only remember reading PS3. Was "revival selection" released on 360? IF it was, probably "chronicles selection" will too.

Blazzx

Code:
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Beginnings)
Resident Evil 0 (zero)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Nightmare)
Resident Evil
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Rebirth)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: The 4th Survivor)
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3 Nemesis (first half of RE3 actually happens before RE2)
(Resident Evil - The Umbrella Chronicles: Death's Door)
[Resident Evil: Survivor]
Resident Evil -CODE: Veronica X-

What about RE2 and RE Code Veronica wasn´t they included in darksite cronicles?
Oh and thanks!I will play all of them when its comes cronicles selection to ps3!!
I can emulate Chronicles games on Dolphin but on Wii doesn`t look soo good and on RE Wiki it says the game not allows free mooving is that true?It will be total copy from Wii to PS3 or will looks like RE4 and5?

bruno

Chief Researcher
The chronicles titles include RE0, RE1, RE2, RE3 and RECV, but as i have already listed the original names, I didn't repeat them (well, they do have some alterations to the story, but you can still get it). Chronicles is on-rails shooter, so the only thing you control is the aiming. It's FPV and the camera moves by itself. The port to PS3 will only be in HD, but everything else will be the same, on principle.

Top Bottom