• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you organise your video game collection?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Pretty self-explanatory thread, to be fair. This stems from a conversation I had with someone who said the way I organise my shelves is weird. How do you guys store/organise your games?

My shelves are more like media stackers, with small square shelves for stuff, so I have to make use of the space well. This means that I organise games by console, and then by series/relating characters to make the most of the small spaces. I never thought this was weird until someone pointed it out to me, though.

How about you guys?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I have most of my games on a big 6ft tall bookshelf, organized by console (said console's year of release) and then alphabetically.
The only exception to that are my NES games, which I keep in a little cabinet with a glass door, all 78 of them just happen to all fit in there.

Reactions: Jen

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I use an old TV stand for both my consoles and my games/DVDs so... Yeah... They're not organized. Whatever I've played/watched last is on top lol.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I have DVD towers for all my PS4 games and Blu-Rays. After that, I keep all my old DVDs inside a drawer under my TV.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I have a big shelf for all my games and they're categorized by console, and separated by console generation, with the current generation always being on top, as that's what I'm more frequently adding to. After that, I have them ordered by consoles I play most/have more games for, so it typically goes Xbox, Nintendo, then Playstation. The games themselves are organized alphabetically, with exceptions made for series chronology.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't have any shelves for video games. They're all in my Steam library now (or Origin, for Sims and Mass Effect), and I can organise them whichever way I want.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I don't any shelves or anything fancy like that. But back when i used to have a console (PS1 and PS2) i used to have all my CDs and DVDs in a a wallet arranged by how frequent i play a game. Now i am like Hel.:lol:

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I mostly arrange my games by platform and then by series, but for my three favourite series I stack the games up horizontally separating the platforms from each other.

A bit over the top... maybe? :lol:

DhQSDRkXkAAlnc_

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
^ That looks real nice, Hel! Nice statues and nicely organised. You have a lot of games, maybe more than I have. I have a lot.

I organize my games after hardware platform, then alphabetically. Are there other ways to do it? lol
If a game is in a series of games, I arrange them together and chronologically. I don't stack them on top of one another, I have them on a shelf side by side like books in a library.

Except the last few games I have played, they are stacked on the desk.

Top Bottom