• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you all feel about Mikami?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
How do you all feel about this man?
Many RE fans call him a legend and some don't

From what I remember he made RE4 and Re2 and helped with 5, after those he made the Evil Within' which I can't bring myself to praise the game in slightest, But to me he has gotten senile, stuck in his RE4 styled Silent Hill, That's all he does, praise, ect

But how do you feel about this man?

Last edited:

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Can't say much about himself as I didn't know who he was until you told me what games he helped with.

However, I enjoyed playing all of those games you listed so that's got to be a good sign right?

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
I think he's a great game designer, he's the one who started resi franchise after all. "The godfather of survival horror" is well deserved tittle for him in my opinion.

As for The Evil Within which claims to be pure survival horror I think it's a good game overall, the only thing that I dislike is its final boss fight and the black borders.

By the way wasn't he involved in Revelations 2? I remember he said something about being done with video games after Evil Within, so who knows he might be back in the development team for future resi games perhaps?

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
By the way wasn't he involved in Revelations 2? I remember he said something about being done with video games after Evil Within, so who knows he might be back in the development team for future resi games perhaps?

That was a different Shinji Mikami. Out of all the names, this guy has the same name as him of all people. xD

Flipqy42

Nevermore
My only problem with him is that when he did The Evil Within, it seemed like all the game did was remind us that he created Resident Evil. I mean like, homages are great. But at times, The Evil Within felt like a recycled Resident Evil script.

Other than that, fantastic developer.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
That was a different Shinji Mikami. Out of all the names, this guy has the same name as him of all people. xD
what??? so 2 different Mikamis were working on the same franchise, what a rare coincidence lol

I dont know him , i really wanna try to play evil within but it looks really scary imo.
honestly Evil within is not that super scary or anything, if Silent Hills' scariness level is 10/10 then I'd say Evil Within is about 4/10 but despite that I think it's a great game overall

Last edited:
Top Bottom