• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Honorable No Cheating Runs

Are preemptive zombie kills honorable?

• Yes, it's honorable

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No, wait until they activate to attack

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Murrdogg93

I like to play through RE 2 without cheating. No opening safes or lockers without finding codes first, for example. I do this to preserve the experience.

Is preemptively killing zombies before they activate honorable in this context?

D

Deleted member 21244

I like to play through RE 2 without cheating. No opening safes or lockers without finding codes first, for example. I do this to preserve the experience.

Is preemptively killing zombies before they activate honorable in this context?
I usually play whitout this "cheat" because i like to read memo and fight zombies

I used the "cheat" method only when i had to get the S+ rank on standard and hardcore...

I think its honorable to play as you please, also i don't think that using code first is cheating especially if you go for speed run like i do

Murrdogg93

I usually play whitout this "cheat" because i like to read memo and fight zombies

I used the "cheat" method only when i had to get the S+ rank on standard and hardcore...

I think its honorable to play as you please, also i don't think that using code first is cheating especially if you go for speed run like i do
Speed running is a different type of playing. I don't say honorable as a way to diminish other ways. I just mean it without "cheating" if you're playing normally. Speed running isn't playing normally.

I always read memos to get codes before using them because that's how it normally goes. I was just wondering if preemptively killing zombies before they wake up fits this "Honorable" manner of playing. Because on one hand a player can have a suspicion of whether they'll get up & preemptively kill it. But if one knows when everything will trigger, if preemptive kills goes against this "Honorable" way of playing.

D

Deleted member 21244

Speed running is a different type of playing. I don't say honorable as a way to diminish other ways. I just mean it without "cheating" if you're playing normally. Speed running isn't playing normally.

I always read memos to get codes before using them because that's how it normally goes. I was just wondering if preemptively killing zombies before they wake up fits this "Honorable" manner of playing. Because on one hand a player can have a suspicion of whether they'll get up & preemptively kill it. But if one knows when everything will trigger, if preemptive kills goes against this "Honorable" way of playing.
I think that preemptively kill zombie is honorable, the first time i played re 2 i used to shoot or use knife on zombie who were on the floor to prevent them from get up because that's what i would have done in real life, i would not have waited a zombie to attack if i can prevent it

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I suppose you could argue that it is honorable since you are more than just the game character. You are the player. You have years of knowledge on the subject. And since the zombies are going to come at you anyway, it's best to do what you need to in order to survive.

Both arguments are valid though. I always just use key codes if I remember them.

RE2 Safe Code = 2236. I will never forget it. Don't remember RE2 REmake codes at all. lol

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I mean...I've never really thought about it. I never shoot the zombies before they get up, mainly because I don't wanna waste the ammo without knowing it'll be one that does or doesn't animate, since not every zombie animates. As for codes and stuff...I mean, I have some memorized just based on years of play. In REmake2 not really...And I don't look up the codes, but that' mainly because I'm usually playing YouTube from my phone while playing video games, so I don't wanna mess with my phone and interrupt whatever I'm listening to.

Top Bottom