• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hi! New RE fan here!

ClaireRedfield

I’ve been getting into Resident Evil for about a month now. So far, I’ve only played the RE 2 remake and RE 7: Biohazard. My favorite character from Resident Evil is Claire Redfield as I really love her in RE 2.

It is very nice to meet everyone and I can’t wait to learn more about Resident Evil!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Welcome.

Claire was also good in Code Veronica and Revelations 2. CV has the old style tank controls though which can be hard to get used to and can be a turnoff. However, CV is my favorite in the series followed very closely by the original RE2, in which both Claire and Leon's story is more fleshed out. You might give that a try too, if you get the chance.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Welcome Stranger!

Since you have started with the newer titles, I would love to hear your opinions on the games and how they look and feel. Sounds like a great way to add some debate to the forums!

ClaireRedfield

Welcome Stranger!

Since you have started with the newer titles, I would love to hear your opinions on the games and how they look and feel. Sounds like a great way to add some debate to the forums!
Hi, it’s very nice to meet you!

So far, I am really enjoying RE. I am very interested in the story, the characters, some of the different weapons are fun to use, and the games are very scary. I can’t speak for how I feel about every RE game because I’ve only played RE 2 and RE 7, but I’m enjoying the games enough to where I really want to get more.

I also really like how the games look and feel. The graphics are just beautiful and the controls are easy to get used to. I love the third person camera angle that they did with RE 2. Personally, I prefer third person POV over first person in terms of what feels best to play but from my experience playing RE 7, the first person POV was good enough. To be fair, I think the first person POV makes the atmosphere of the game feel very scary, which is great.

RipvanX

Yeah that’s one thing that first person has going against it is the fact the market is over saturated with first person horror games. A title has to do something really unique in order to stand out. Since you played arguably the 2 best titles with their respective play styles, you should give Resident Evil Remake a chance. It’s fixed camera and tank controls but you can change the controls as you see fit. It was a love letter from Shinji Mikami before he made RE4 and left Capcom and the series behind. RE4 is a bit silly in the story department but is also very fun to play, I would give that a chance as well and go from there!

P.S. I highly recommend playing original RE2 and 3. Try to play RE3 before playing its remake, it will shock you how different it is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom