• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello

trag

Exciting to find some forums that are actually functioning and seem to have current posts.

Avid RE fan, now that it's getting cold out I find myself playing through the RE titles once again. I was 12 when the original RE came out so I'm definitely more of a fan of the classic era than 4-5-6. Big fan of the Project Umbrella Podcast too.

I plan on doing a Let's Play of the entire series this winter. Just need to order Survivor, I've actually never played it. I nerded out big time a year or so ago and made a streamlined playthrough of the original PSX RE, it's pretty unique in terms of how the game is presented online. I even dubbed it to VHS and sold it to VHS collectors and whatnot, lol. I plan on doing a new commentary track for it sometime soon, so once it's on YouTube, I'll be sure to post a link here.

Looking forward to nerding it out with you all on some threads. Hopefully there's still some type of community here.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Welcome to the forums!

And yes, I joined last year and feel the same as you - it's such a delight to find a forum like this where activity is still ongoing with both friendly and interesting members. t's not overwhelmingly large, but it's still a nice group of people here.

Keep us posted about your Let's Play, it's pretty impressive that you plan on playing through the entire series.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Welcome Stranger! (I hate saying that so often, but it MUST be done)

I feel like the community on here is pretty active. Some days, there will only be 3 new responses/threads and some days there will be 15-20. Feel free to post as freely as you'd like.

And about Survivor - I love the game while most people do not (and for good reason) - but remember when you go in to the game that you are playing a Resident Evil spin off that plays more like an arcade game. It is the shortest RE title as well and can there are multiple paths in the game, so feel free to try it a few times if you can stand it. haha

trag

Welcome Stranger! (I hate saying that so often, but it MUST be done)

I feel like the community on here is pretty active. Some days, there will only be 3 new responses/threads and some days there will be 15-20. Feel free to post as freely as you'd like.

And about Survivor - I love the game while most people do not (and for good reason) - but remember when you go in to the game that you are playing a Resident Evil spin off that plays more like an arcade game. It is the shortest RE title as well and can there are multiple paths in the game, so feel free to try it a few times if you can stand it. haha

Definitely. I was listening to the Project Umbrella Podcast retrospective for Survivor and the multiple paths sounded really interesting. I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to RE titles so I'll be surprised if I find myself really disliking it. I almost bought it back when it first released on the PSX but a buddy talked me out of it. I wish I could remember which game I bought instead of it.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I have played through Survivor probably the most out of any RE title simply because the campaign is so short. It's a fun title if not a GOOD one. haha

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Extremely late to respond here, but I thought I'd still say welcome! :smile:

trag

So for anyone who might be bored and enjoys watching Let's Plays. I've been slowly chipping away at my YouTube channel. Now that winter is effectively here, I've been in the basement nerding out as a way to avoid Cabin Fever.

My set up is quite janky but I'm working on ways to improve my mic situation (too miuch ambient noise at times)

I will say though, If you don't enjoy playing the classic era RE titles, you might enjoy watching the way I play them. No speed runs, just someone who knows the games really well and doesn't rush through them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEpfLbvx-dXAI1ffGE9LNhQ/playlists

Top Bottom