• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Has Capcom regained your faith?

IntoxNitram

How many of you believe Capcom will make a very good Resident Evil game with RE7?

Speaking personally I did loose some trust in Capcom when 5 and 6 launched. I felt Resident Evil was becoming generic and not what made it special. However in the years following they have slowly regained my trust. REmake remaster was fantastic, I enjoy Revelations 2 and felt it has a better balance, we got RE0 remastered and an announcement of REmake 2 - all positive signs of a company recognising what it's fanbase wants. Even with Umbrella Corps, I know people thought it was a bad sign - more action orientated RE, but personally I felt confident because it was a spin-off. Even before the announcement of RE7 it felt like they were separating action and horror into two separate RE franchises which I was happy about. The RE7 demo is very atmospheric and knowing the old RE features will be in the final game makes me very confident Capcom have finally learned their lesson and can make RE great again.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
lost it when RE4 came out and gained it back when Rev 1 came out and now my faith in them is up 20%

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Too early to tell. Remember The Evil Within, the game that looked so scary that everyone lost their minds about it, and then it didn't turn out all that great? Yeah. Let's wait and see. And the news about the all-new cast still bugs me... I've said it before, it seems like Capcom can never fix anything without breaking something else in the process.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Ha! No. Capcom still doesn't get it and in their justifications show us how incompetent they really are when they act like certain things are impossible and can only be done in one way.

weskerondope

they will have my faith when they make remake 2 with fixed cameras (without and option for re4 third person)

meg5493

100% Capcom looks like their actually trying to do justice to RE this time around. Making RE relevant again like they did with 4 and I'm excited. Though I'm gonna wait until they show the actual product before buying day 1.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
They had me up until they announced that exactly NONE of the original characters would be returning in any capacity.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
They had me up until they announced that exactly NONE of the original characters would be returning in any capacity.
ozwell.jpg

From the trailer, this is obviously Ozwell Spencer. Who else would it be? the mansion layout behind him looks familiar too.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
Their name is not Bioware or Naughty Dog, so the answer is:
giphy.gif

I'm willing to give RE7 a shot, but I haven't been really invested into the story since RE5 (and stories in video games are pretty important to me). I remain rather skeptical.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
ozwell.jpg

From the trailer, this is obviously Ozwell Spencer. Who else would it be? the mansion layout behind him looks familiar too.

While it could be Spencer. I'm not sure that it's him. It could be the guy in the picture and in the lightening strike. Which would make it the 3rd time in the trailer that we see him. Some are speculating that it's actually woman. It could potentially be an apparition.

Their name is not Bioware or Naughty Dog, so the answer is:
giphy.gif

I'm willing to give RE7 a shot, but I haven't been really invested into the story since RE5 (and stories in video games are pretty important to me). I remain rather skeptical.

LMAO this made me laugh. I think the story will be great. I think it gets better with each game. Revelations 2 is my favorite when it comes to plot. They seem to be maturing in terms of story. At least in my eyes.

Top Bottom